What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC hires Mike Bohn to replace Lynn Swann as AD

With Urban, how much of it is really health issues, if anyone knows? I can't remember who was talking about that I heard, he said it had to do with plenty of other things at Blowhio State.

USC fan who sat in front of me at the game told me that Meyer has been at all USC games so far this season including Boulder. He's convinced Meyer will be their next HC.

Bet they have some fun with the basketball student section in the near future.....
Course it won't matter since they'll be on probation.

Does Bohn use a food cart as a cloaking devise, if Urban comes in for an interview. That's what I want to know. .

Yeah, I think if Urban Meyer had been in Boulder, somebody other than a random dude sitting in the bleachers would have known about it. That kind of thing isn’t kept secret.

Bohn was also very good at getting student involvement. If I have a gripe about RG, it’s that he appears to view the students as a nuisance. They’re tolerated, but hardly celebrated. Bohn took a bunch of students to the P12 tournament and to Albuquerque to see the team in the NCAA tournament. That kind of goodwill creates fans for life.
That said, I doubt student involvement is much of a priority at USC. Smaller school, giant stadium. The need to put butts in the seats far outweighs the desire to create lifelong fans.

True enough. Although that was what, seven years ago? Most people learn from their mistakes.
I think USC is looking at what he did at Cincinnati, not so much what he did here.

Still, the point is valid, he has never successfully managed a top tier D-1 football program. It will be very interesting to see how well he does there.
Not true, my wife says I never learn from my mistakes.

Bohn was also very good at getting student involvement. If I have a gripe about RG, it’s that he appears to view the students as a nuisance. They’re tolerated, but hardly celebrated. Bohn took a bunch of students to the P12 tournament and to Albuquerque to see the team in the NCAA tournament. That kind of goodwill creates fans for life.
That said, I doubt student involvement is much of a priority at USC. Smaller school, giant stadium. The need to put butts in the seats far outweighs the desire to create lifelong fans.

USC has over 44,000 students.

Urban isn’t saying no.

I sort of think Urban is done. The way he left Florida (he sort of quit on the team, but health is a good reason). Again, with Ohio State he won a championship, but again he sort of quit and health came into the equation just a couple seasons later. This was only a 4-5 year stint. I just don't see him jumping into scandal ridden USC even for $$$$$$$$$$$. That will be a stressful situation with sky high expectations. Although, SC has looked the other way in the past, every decision will be micro-analyzed. His assistants etc...

Urban has been a great coach for 20 years?? However, he just cannot stomach the losses. Perhaps his best days are behind him. Although SC is a good team, their roster is not nearly what Ohio State had when he replaced the Vest. Also, he would have a install a new staff with hires from everywhere (It is tough for big name assistants to have loyalty for a coach that has quit twice, not much in terms of job security. It is not like when he went from Utah to Florida taking his entire staff, or even at OSU when he was out for a brief time. OSU gave him a blank slate permitting him to hire whoever, but with SC in turmoil and a new strict President--I just do not see this materializing.

I posted this a few years back. We were at an event on campus honoring students with my youngest and he was the featured speaker. I had a favorable impression of him until then. He came across as a complete and utter buffoon completely unprepared to speak. People were visibly squirming in their seats as he struggled to string words together in a coherent manner and he must have said AWESOME!! about 20 times within 10 minutes. I'm going to enjoy watching his performance at USC as well.

This is what I wrote under worst coaches of all-time; it belongs here.

On a comical note, this morning I called my kids Godfather who is a proud SC (Tommy Trojan) grad. He says I just received my SC alert and they hired a new athletic director, a wiz turning University of Cinci around. He name is Mike Bohn, wasn't he AD for Colorado? He brings his bio up, then sees his tenure at Colorado, says "Oh no," trepidation follows, and I refresh him:

1. Bohn's bumbling over Gary Barnett (I thank God that CU brought him back to broadcast, good analyst, a Buff true and true). Didn't he win the B12 North 4 of 5 years? Also, he started the Stinklon dumpster fire with that 64-36 shellacking which lives to this day.
2. Bohn's can't miss hire: Hawklove!! (Cal Davis won their division last year, surely he is a top-candidate).
3. Bohn left at the alter: Butch Jones (I think he is unemployed, so he could be in LA next week--another top candidate).
4. Bohn's brief Embree experiment (I don't think Embo could be interviewed, given the threat to Bohn's physical safety); and
5. I guess Bohn's decent hire HCMM (he can come back West, Ole Miss does not look like they are going anywhere fast). Hire him, so CU can off-set his buyout!!

Then we lamented SC prior AD's, concluding that Bohn may be actaully be an upgrade over their past AD's:

1. Mike Garrett pushed out for the Reggie Bush payola+++++++++++++ = forfeits and sanctions and then proclaiming "clueless";
2. Pat Hayden, a Rhodes Scholar with no AD background whatsoever--who we decided was probably senile, given his bizarre behavior and his very short term on the Football Playoff Committee-- he did fire Lane Kiffen on the tarmac, so that could be a plus?; and
3. Lynn Swann (Swannie), no background in college athletics but he was a good golfer and wore cool shades. I guess his biggest sin was hiring a drunk; send Ed O to LSU; complete blindness given the Varsity Blues scandal; and perhaps just being completely clueless on all fronts...from Day 1.

Another possibility, is Bohn hiring a big name media darling from southern California, then his candidate would have to be Rick Neuweasel--just pluck him out of the booth.

For CU, the dark cloud is lifting, as I see CU breaking the SC curse under MT sooner rather than later. My friend finally had to cut of the call saying "oh no, I have the nerves!!") LOL

Back