What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

USC hires Mike Bohn to replace Lynn Swann as AD

Bohn has 20 years experience as an AD. That's the biggest reason I can think of for hiring Bohn, especially when I see where ADs commonly seem to get hired from.

No. Lynn Swann was the most USC thing ever.
MB was a good AD in his own way, but we obviously know his shortcomings. Lynn Swann was the country club hire and was a disaster.

My point is, USC should just about get anyone they want, but had to settle on MB because their AD is a dumpster fire right now. Only a blueblood like USC could find themselves in this situation, thus my comment.

With Urban, how much of it is really health issues, if anyone knows? I can't remember who was talking about that I heard, he said it had to do with plenty of other things at Blowhio State.
His health is mostly a scape goat reason, but he does have some health issues that are note worthy. Leaving Florida had very little to do with his health and more with other issues going on. Him leaving OSU, from what we know, had mostly to do with his health.

If USC really hired Mike Bohn due to his connection with Urban and he fails to make that happen, what next? What a stupid reason to hire an AD

Franklin?

No-Two reasons. One, USC can't afford a Tennessee like disaster of a search. They've got one shot at a Meyer/Franklin type-maybe two depending on how quickly Bohnhead moves on from Clay Helton. Assuming they lose to Oregon tomorrow, I'd announce Helton's done at the end of the year if I'm him. Knowing the way Bohnhead conducts coaching searches though, I expect one of two things-A) this search to be all over the front page of the LA Times Sports Section (complete with them trying to hide Urban behind a food cart) or B) Bohnhead to claim he needs a year to evaluate Clay Helton before he can decide on his fate.

As far as Franklin himself-He's got an easier path to the CFP where he is, and I think he'll probably win a title at PSU before he's done there. Michigan has issues of their own, the B1G West is far less difficult than the East, and he doesn't have to play Notre Dame every year right now. Why leave for USC if you're him?

No-Two reasons. One, USC can't afford a Tennessee like disaster of a search. They've got one shot at a Meyer/Franklin type-maybe two depending on how quickly Bohnhead moves on from Clay Helton. Assuming they lose to Oregon tomorrow, I'd announce Helton's done at the end of the year if I'm him. Knowing the way Bohnhead conducts coaching searches though, I expect one of two things-A) this search to be all over the front page of the LA Times Sports Section (complete with them trying to hide Urban behind a food cart) or B) Bohnhead to claim he needs a year to evaluate Clay Helton before he can decide on his fate.

As far as Franklin himself-He's got an easier path to the CFP where he is, and I think he'll probably win a title at PSU before he's done there. Michigan has issues of their own, the B1G West is far less difficult than the East, and he doesn't have to play Notre Dame every year right now. Why leave for USC if you're him?

Frankin has an easier path to the CFB in the Big Ten East than at USC? Huh?

Frankin has an easier path to the CFB in the Big Ten East than at USC? Huh?

Yup. Nowhere near as tough as the SEC West. Rutgers and Maryland stink. Indiana is a game that Penn State should win. Michigan State is down, and Michigan has issues of their own right now. USC plays 9 conference games a year, Notre Dame every year, and they've played another Power 5 opponent or BYU on top of that in all but one year since 2008.

Yup. Nowhere near as tough as the SEC West. Rutgers and Maryland stink. Indiana is a game that Penn State should win. Michigan State is down, and Michigan has issues of their own right now. USC plays 9 conference games a year, Notre Dame every year, and they've played another Power 5 opponent or BYU on top of that in all but one year since 2008.

The Big 10 East is arguably the 2nd best division in college football. MSU may be down but Franklin is only 2-4 against them, has only beaten OSU once, and hasn't won in Ann Arbor. Even with USC down they easily could've beat ND the past 2 years and these are 2 of the better ND teams in recent memory.

I also forgot to mention that the Big 10 plays 9 conference games a year too.

I sort of liked the Franklin idea when someone floated it, but you are probably right in terms of an easier path to the CFP in the B1G. These next few weeks will be telling for him. For some reason he has not broken through to the B1G title game. Also, I'm not sure how strong the PSU alums are behind him. PSU has been close for many years but not broken through, so I'd imagine some impatience. Also, although the B1G had 2 teams make it to the playoffs a few years ago, with Michigan down, Nubs a dumpster fire, MSU mediocore, Wisconsin hit or miss, and so many bad teams at the bottom of the conference, I doubt they get 2 teams in over the next 3-4 years. I think that would require 2 loss champions in PAC12 and B12, and not an upset in the SEC. I'd take a one loss SEC team over a 1 loss runner-up B1G, 9 times out of 10. Also, the SEC East is looking a bit better than in recent past.

I sort of liked the Franklin idea when someone floated it, but you are probably right in terms of an easier path to the CFP in the B1G. These next few weeks will be telling for him. For some reason he has not broken through to the B1G title game. Also, I'm not sure how strong the PSU alums are behind him. PSU has been close for many years but not broken through, so I'd imagine some impatience. Also, although the B1G had 2 teams make it to the playoffs a few years ago, with Michigan down, Nubs a dumpster fire, MSU mediocore, Wisconsin hit or miss, and so many bad teams at the bottom of the conference, I doubt they get 2 teams in over the next 3-4 years. I think that would require 2 loss champions in PAC12 and B12, and not an upset in the SEC. I'd take a one loss SEC team over a 1 loss runner-up B1G, 9 times out of 10. Also, the SEC East is looking a bit better than in recent past.
8D4B7EA2-58A4-40F5-ACA2-F71FEF4477E4.jpeg

The Big 10 East is arguably the 2nd best division in college football. MSU may be down but Franklin is only 2-4 against them, has only beaten OSU once, and hasn't won in Ann Arbor. Even with USC down they easily could've beat ND the past 2 years and these are 2 of the better ND teams in recent memory.

He could do that next year. Both Michigan and MSU could make changes. Harbaugh may do something else and Dantonio may retire. Theyre very much a CFP contender NOW-they could go 11-1 with that loss coming to tOSU in Columbus and make the playoff this year even without a Conference Championship.

LOL they're as stupid as ****er fans. So Urban took a red-eye after the USC game to Columbus for the live FOX pre-game show before tOSU-Wisconsin last week?

SC fans are stupid, but I'd imagine if he is being courted by SC he has the free use of a private Lear jet to make his Fox pre-game show. Perhaps, he traveled on the Lolita Express??

Sounds like Bohn learned a lesson from the Embree fiasco. How the hell did he not get this info before agreeing to the job tho?

Lol, USC 5 days ago: " We are willing to do whatever it takes to get Urban Meyer"

USC now: "You will not be able to hire Urban Meyer if you come here"

This makes no sense. Wasn't the Bohn hire supposedly based upon his connections to Meyer and the hope he'd be able to convince him to coach at USC? If not, wow, USC is really scrambling on AD candidates.

Back