What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now, inexplicably, take you to Ft Fun.

They always lose to Wyoming. In everything. The state pride comes in because Wyoming recruits a lot more Colorado kids than CSU does.

That rivalry will go up in importance in 2021 when we drop them in football.......hopefully we get to stop playing them in basketball if the Pac 12 goes to 20 league games.

giphy.gif

The bigger ones do more stuff ...

This monumental Ass Clown had his career RESCUED by CSU when he was basically unemployable, and has since totally ****ed it up. As much as I think the Rammies are lightweights, they can do better than this. If I ran CSU, God forbid, I'd fire him tomorrow. He's not a terrible basketball guy but he's a terrible human being.

This monumental Ass Clown had his career RESCUED by CSU when he was basically unemployable, and has since totally ****ed it up. As much as I think the Rammies are lightweights, they can do better than this. If I ran CSU, God forbid, I'd fire him tomorrow. He's not a terrible basketball guy but he's a terrible human being.
He's probably one of the best basketball coaches in the country if we're only talking strategy and that stuff. Problem is that he struggles to get and retain players because of his reputation. Bigger problem is that he's pretty much always the biggest asshole in the room.

He's probably one of the best basketball coaches in the country if we're only talking strategy and that stuff. Problem is that he struggles to get and retain players because of his reputation. Bigger problem is that he's pretty much always the biggest asshole in the room.

And this is enough to probably get him one more job in division one basketball. Some mid-major that is struggling in their own conference and overshadowed by a bigger school close by will figure that it is worth having a jerk around if he can win some games and maybe get them to the tourney if things work out right.

Somehow that sounds like the job he has now.

Yeah - and he made a million dollars a year in the process. He’s 62. He might say **** it - he’s made enough. Or some other mid-market school that wants to win more than they worry about selling their soul may gave him free reign.

Either way - he wins. (As an asshole)

Well, he has that huge personal problem that he obviously will never conquer, so it comes out in anger and mania. Quite a few kids have transferred out of the program since he's been there. The school needs to get rid of him ASAP. He's an absolute cancer. I get that there are aggressive basketball coaches, but he's over the top and for the saddest of reasons. It's too bad. So happy that CU has a guy like Tad.

Wasn't he at like Southern Miss when they hired him? Can they afford to fire him? Given we're talking about little brother, that's a pretty valid question-Yes, Eustachy is a jackass.........but I think this is more CSU looking for something to ax him for cause so they don't have to pay him.

Wasn't he at like Southern Miss when they hired him? Can they afford to fire him? Given we're talking about little brother, that's a pretty valid question-Yes, Eustachy is a jackass.........but I think this is more CSU looking for something to ax him for cause so they don't have to pay him.
I think it would cost in the $3-$4M range if CSU can't work out a deal. Then they'd still have to pay for a new coach. They only get a little over $1M from the conference media deal, so things are a bit tight.

This is why they are "investigating" him for stuff that he has been doing all along.

Supposedly they were ready to fire him last year and instead gave him a written warning and required him to take anger management classes. Now they have a significant number of people in the program stating that he is like before being verbally abusive to players, assistants, and staffers.

If they were to fire him without cause he would cost them the rest of the current contract year plus three times the amount of the next contract year so in total over $3 million, money they don't have.

He has done a pretty good job of giving them cause and they have been smart enough to document it and to have given him the opportunity to change.

They may still end up agreeing to a payout just to avoid dealing with the cost and the risk of him taking them to court but it will be way less than that $ 3 million. Maybe 10% of it.

This is why they are "investigating" him for stuff that he has been doing all along.

Supposedly they were ready to fire him last year and instead gave him a written warning and required him to take anger management classes. Now they have a significant number of people in the program stating that he is like before being verbally abusive to players, assistants, and staffers.

If they were to fire him without cause he would cost them the rest of the current contract year plus three times the amount of the next contract year so in total over $3 million, money they don't have.

He has done a pretty good job of giving them cause and they have been smart enough to document it and to have given him the opportunity to change.

They may still end up agreeing to a payout just to avoid dealing with the cost and the risk of him taking them to court but it will be way less than that $ 3 million. Maybe 10% of it.

Its CSU. They'll find a way to screw this up and he'll take them to court.

It would be nice if CU had someone in the media unquestionably willing to carry water for the school no matter the circumstances.

Back