What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now, inexplicably, take you to Ft Fun.

Should we start a thread about possible replacements? Bobby Knight? Maybe Pearl comes over from SC?

LOL just kidding who cares

Should we start a thread about possible replacements? Bobby Knight? May Pearl comes over from SC?

LOL just kidding who cares
pitino-white-suit.0.jpg

They'll call this guy too

She’d be set up for failure. No recruiting network. She’d be much better off staying in the NBA. She’ll get a shot at a head gig there sooner than later.
I think that’s true for football for sure, and likely basketball to an extent, but a good head coach means so much more in college basketball. Obviously, she’d need the right assistants but I wouldn’t compare hiring Becky Hammon to say Herm Edwards. Especially at a place like CSU.

She’d be set up for failure. No recruiting network. She’d be much better off staying in the NBA. She’ll get a shot at a head gig there sooner than later.

This. She obviously knows her ****. It’d be a huge recruiting struggle though.

David Padgett would fit there if Louisville doesnt keep him. He's earned a shot to run his own show somewhere IMO.

I think that’s true for football for sure, and likely basketball to an extent, but a good head coach means so much more in college basketball. Obviously, she’d need the right assistants but I wouldn’t compare hiring Becky Hammon to say Herm Edwards. Especially at a place like CSU.

Oh God no, she's not Herm. She's actually a damn good coach. I just think it would be a horrible set up for her - a struggling mid-level conference team that has tons of issues and will throw anyone under the bus at any time. Combine that with her lack of recruiting connections, and I think it's destined for failure if it happens.

It likely won’t happen considering she turned down Florida before. I just think that ultimately, brands recruit - whether it’s a coaching brand or a university brand. Coaches make random recruiting connections all the time. And I think college basketball is easy for a true Xs and Os coach especially at a mid-major. Plus, she’s an alum with Popovich connections so I don’t think there’s any way they would screw her over.

I also (honestly, no snark) don’t know the pulse on her getting an NBA job. I haven’t seen her connected to any searches. Thankfully, her peers have been praising her, which is a start, but owners and GMs are dumb. I think David Blatt should be one of the first hires in the next coaching search and he probably won’t be. We will see tho.

It likely won’t happen considering she turned down Florida before. I just think that ultimately, brands recruit - whether it’s a coaching brand or a university brand. Coaches make random recruiting connections all the time. And I think college basketball is easy for a true Xs and Os coach especially at a mid-major. Plus, she’s an alum with Popovich connections so I don’t think there’s any way they would screw her over.

I also (honestly, no snark) don’t know the pulse on her getting an NBA job. I haven’t seen her connected to any searches. Thankfully, her peers have been praising her, which is a start, but owners and GMs are dumb. I think David Blatt should be one of the first hires in the next coaching search and he probably won’t be. We will see tho.

I love Blatt and he got a bit of an unfair shake in the mess that was Cleveland - but some of that was him burning bridges himself. Windhorst's book on the Cavs title winning year didn't paint him in the best light.

Back