What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now, inexplicably, take you to Ft Fun.

btw, I've been hearing folks on tv pronouncing Eustachy completely differently than I always thought was right.

I always said: You-stay-she

They're saying: Use-ta-shay

I'm glad I didn't have much occasion to talk about him, because I was way off.

Colorado State suspends interim basketball coach Steve Barnes

Colorado State has placed interim men’s basketball coach Steve Barnes on paid administrative leave just a week after he was put in charge of the program.In a statement released Saturday, Parker didn’t give a reason why Barnes was placed on leave, but team sources say players spoke up about their concerns playing for Barnes in a meeting with the athletic director Friday.

According to multiple team sources, Barnes is a known enabler of Eustachy’s behavior. The two have coached together since the late 1990s and were high school and college basketball teammates. CSU has not responded to inquiries as to why Barnes was put in charge of the program. Barnes was also suspended in 2003 a day after he was named Larry Eustachy’s interim head coach at Iowa State. Barnes reportedly contacted family members of a player in an attempt to rally support for Eustachy, who was fired when photos of him surfaced drinking with and kissing co-eds at parties on the campuses of Missouri and Kansas State following games the Cyclones played here.

Guess CSU goes to desperate measures to hire the best coach....Earl Bruce anyone?

And CSU appears to be able to pay the $3M due if it turns out that way:

They are going to need that first year's windfall as interest will fall off quickly from year 1, if history is our guide.

I’m sure they will have quite a few concerts during the summer to help with the bonds or buyouts...don’t think they will attract the same type of concertgoer as Folsom Field.

I was actually kinda happy for their throw in assistan coach getting the win in his first game as a HC.

And CSU appears to be able to pay the $3M due if it turns out that way:

lolz
DO8vZraVoAATyAH.jpg

It’s not a bad job. Mid major school in a conference that regularly puts 2-3 teams into the tournament. Sometimes more. In short- a lot of up and coming coaches would love that job.

Prior coach got a job at Nebraska for big bucks, a couple of others have moved on to jobs that got them to the tourney.

They aren't going to get any A list candidates but as you said the up and comers. May also get another veteran coach looking for one last job before retirement.

It’s not a bad job. Mid major school in a conference that regularly puts 2-3 teams into the tournament. Sometimes more. In short- a lot of up and coming coaches would love that job.

Normally, I'd agree. Right now? It is a bad job-that administration has bungled this Eustachy thing to the point where you don't know if Tony Frank and Joe Parker can survive it. You can't look at those two and say their seats aren't at least a little warm. Nobody likes instability.

All this will seem so miniscule to the lambs after the sixth straight night of Standing room-only Lady Gaga shows.

Back