What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We now take you to USC, UA, Okie Lite, Auburn, Da U, KANSAS, & NC State

Zona should receive a 5 year post season ban and loss of 2 scholarships per year for 5 years. If the NCAA lets them off with a self imposed 1 year ban during this Covid year, that will be a joke.

I'm really hoping this is hyperbole because when I look at some of the other infractions that have gone on in college hoops over the last 10-15 years and the penalties.... yeah... lower your expectations BIG TIME.
I’m not saying that’s what they will get. I’m saying that’s what I wish they would get. I’m not that naive!

I hate Oregon because of Uncle Phil's money. I hate USC because they're USC.

I absolutely LOATHE Arizona basketball for so many reasons, but most of all because they're dirty ****ers who think their 💩 doesn't stink.

If the NCAA does wipe the slate because of this weak-ass stunt, it'll prove that they are completely toothless.

Cheating in college sports has excellent ROI. That’s just a fact. There is no downside, except some occasional finger wagging. I’m not even sure if it’s ethically wrong since most of college athletics is what economists refer to as “rent-seeking” where most of the benefits accrue to ownership (the schools, coaches, media, etc.) whereas the workers (players) get a relatively small slice of the pie.

Cheating in college sports has excellent ROI. That’s just a fact. There is no downside, except some occasional finger wagging. I’m not even sure if it’s ethically wrong since most of college athletics is what economists refer to as “rent-seeking” where most of the benefits accrue to ownership (the schools, coaches, media, etc.) whereas the workers (players) get a relatively small slice of the pie.
I don't think fans are as bothered about cheating as we pretend to be. We don't like it blatantly in our faces. And we don't like to be reminded that most of us follow programs that have little chance because we can't offer competitive deals to prospects.

Last edited:
I don't think fans are as bothered about cheating as we pretend to be. We don't like it blatantly in our faces. And we don't like to be reminded that most of us follow programs that have little chance because we can't offer competitive deals to prospects.

No doubt. I guess I just no longer pretend. College athletics is a for profit minor league sports cartel.

The only reason Arizona infractions (paying players) bother me is because we’re not doing it. I don’t give a flying **** if the NCAA sanctions them. Nor should they. You think anyone at Auburn wouldn’t trade the one year postseason ban for a final four? That’s what I thought.

Oregon (sexual assault) and Baylor (Baylor) on the other hand can go straight to hell and I want the NCAA to make them cry.

The only reason Arizona infractions (paying players) bother me is because we’re not doing it. I don’t give a flying **** if the NCAA sanctions them. Nor should they. You think anyone at Auburn wouldn’t trade the one year postseason ban for a final four? That’s what I thought.

Oregon (sexual assault) and Baylor (Baylor) on the other hand can go straight to hell and I want the NCAA to make them cry.
I see it as only a matter of time that the federal government sees the abuses like Baylor, Oregon, MSU, PSU, Miami, kNU, etc. and the NCAA doing almost nothing about it and legislation gets passed that starts federal oversight of college athletics.

They will base it on title IX protections and put it under either Justice or Education. Enforcement will come through eligibility for federal grants, research dollars, contracts, and far and away the biggest eligibility for federally guaranteed student loans.

If people think the death penalty for SMU was a program wrecker watch what happens if the feds say that a college or university is not eligible to enroll new students in student loans.

All it will take is once and you will see a complete change in attitude towards what they will accept to win.

I see it as only a matter of time that the federal government sees the abuses like Baylor, Oregon, MSU, PSU, Miami, kNU, etc. and the NCAA doing almost nothing about it and legislation gets passed that starts federal oversight of college athletics.

They will base it on title IX protections and put it under either Justice or Education. Enforcement will come through eligibility for federal grants, research dollars, contracts, and far and away the biggest eligibility for federally guaranteed student loans.

If people think the death penalty for SMU was a program wrecker watch what happens if the feds say that a college or university is not eligible to enroll new students in student loans.

All it will take is once and you will see a complete change in attitude towards what they will accept to win.
I don’t think you’ll find enough political will for the above anytime soon.

I don’t think you’ll find enough political will for the above anytime soon.
Only if it's something to do with cover-ups of practices and incidents that are endangering the welfare of other students and the community. Feds & politicians give zero ****s if a wealthy booster gave a star athlete a car.

Only if it's something to do with cover-ups of practices and incidents that are endangering the welfare of other students and the community. Feds & politicians give zero ****s if a wealthy booster gave a star athlete a car.
Even then, rampant Title IX violations that have gone on for years re: coverups of sex assaults have gone unpunished. It would take a big shift in congress to make these changes.

Even then, rampant Title IX violations that have gone on for years re: coverups of sex assaults have gone unpunished. It would take a big shift in congress to make these changes.
Biden was leading a Title IX reform at the end of the Obama administration. I bet it gets rebooted bigly.

All it will take is some junior congress member who wants to make a name for him/herself. Bringing Presidents, Athletic Directors, and Head Coaches from major universities before a congressional hearing is a guarantee of media coverage and probably some face time on the national networks.

Initially they will focus of the Title IX aspect of safety on campus for the young women (and men) who have been victims of the criminal acts covered up by the schools in the interest of protecting athletic programs.

Eventually the will move on to the cheating from the aspect of providing benefits to athletes in male revenue sports that are not available to women regardless of sport.

In the end the politicians don't care is a star gets a car, a house, a $100 bill, or a degree without ever going to class.

What they do care about is getting their name and picture in front of their voters and their donors and going after college athletics in the name of fairness and campus safety would be a highly effective way to do it.

And it wouldn't even require a separate bill to establish the office. All they would do is insert a section providing for and funding "oversight" in the yearly renewal of funding for Title IX, a paragraph to half a page in a bill hundreds of pages long.

Look at it this way. In Colorado Mary Keenan didn't even have any real evidence but she was able to get the lead for months on the Denver newscast by going after CU.

Only her greed for attention and her incompetence in managing her campaign against the Buffs ended up hurting her rather than propelling her to the DAs office then to higher office.

Cheating on all sports at the highest level has excellent ROI. Astros, Patriots, et al have proven that. This whole situation will only serve to prove my point in the long run.

Bribes and fake transcripts. Failure to monitor staff or program by HC. Miller's done.
I know Arizona is an historic powerhouse, but all the good recruits Miller got and was getting felt weird. Kids go to schools knowing the money drawer is open and flowing. He should be gone, but we shall see.

I know Arizona is an historic powerhouse, but all the good recruits Miller got and was getting felt weird. Kids go to schools knowing the money drawer is open and flowing. He should be gone, but we shall see.
This is serious stuff, heads need to roll.

As someone stated earlier in the thread Northern Arizona better get ready for some major sanctions.

“Miller is also accused of failing to demonstrate that he monitored Richardson and the men's basketball program's relationship with Christian Dawkins.”

“Failed to monitor?” Yeah. Right. No way that Miller didn’t know what his assistants were doing. Maybe he didn’t want to know any details for plausible deniability, but he damned well knew.

“Failed to monitor?” Yeah. Right. No way that Miller didn’t know what his assistants were doing. Maybe he didn’t want to know any details for plausible deniability, but he damned well knew.
Like Pitino at Louisville I actually believe they didn’t know. I think that everything was done both by Pitino/Miller and the assistants to make sure they didn’t know, but I honestly believe the head coaches are kept far far FAR out of the loop on anything.

Like Pitino at Louisville I actually believe they didn’t know. I think that everything was done both by Pitino/Miller and the assistants to make sure they didn’t know, but I honestly believe the head coaches are kept far far FAR out of the loop on anything.
These guys didn’t know the particulars of dollar amounts and dates/times, but they knew what was going on in their programs. They knew what they were getting when they hired bagmen type assistants.

That’s what I meant by “plausible deniability.”

These guys didn’t know the particulars of dollar amounts and dates/times, but they knew what was going on in their programs. They knew what they were getting when they hired bagmen type assistants.
They knew who the assistants were that they hired and how they worked. They knew what resources were flowing to the assistants, where they came from, and how they were expected to be used.

They may not have known that player A was getting this much money but they absolutely knew that player A wouldn't have been there had assistant X not taken care of some business.

And as much as most of these guys are control freaks I find it hard to believe that they didn't know the specific details if only told to them by assistant X over a beer in the coaches basement so there would be no trail to follow to the coach.

Back