What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We won, but really?

It was inexcusable and our fans should be ashamed. You’re supposed to be supporting your student athletes and future student athletes by showing them how great you are as fans. Instead you showed them you care more about a couple hundred dollars in your pocket. It is what it is though, they got joy out of buying as many tickets as they could, we got joy out of actually winning, so now they just look like a bunch of dip ****s. They can’t say a word to anyone because they blew a 17-0 lead and they drove 8 hours to witness it. All while lining the schools, fans, restaurants and hotels pockets. It’s a huge win for Colorado and Boulder in a lot of ways.

Yesterday was a lot of fun watching Nebraska lose but now it's time to shift our focus to Air Force. I hope this doesn't lead to the division of the Buff fanbase. I'm sure a lot of you don't realize that a good chunk of the Boise State season ticket fanbase are rival Vandal alumni fans. CU even announced the sale of five game season tickets so chances are good that those Husker fans bought quite a few season tickets just for this recent game and those five game season tickets will be also at reduced rates.

Careful with falsely accusing your neighbors at Folsom Field because buying season tickets of opposing fanbases is a well known Husker tactic.

giphy.gif

Might I offer that if the nubs are willing to travel to a game in Boulder... perhaps Buffs fans can travel to the next CU-Nubs game (props to @HotRack) and fill those seats with more Buffs. You have 4 years to work out the budget.

The difference is that entire collective’s miserable existence is linked to that school’s football team. They WON’T sell their tickets on secondary markets.

The difference is that entire collective’s miserable existence is linked to that school’s football team. They WON’T sell their tickets on secondary markets.
I thought the next game was in Boulder... if not I guess you have 5 years to work out the budget. I'm not talking about turning Lincoln Black, I'm talking about keeping Boulder from being red

I am with you.

One thing that folks should know: Colorado fans are capitalists.
One of the downsides of getting a degree that’s worth something is we do understand how money works, true.

....but if there’s one thing I’ve learned about money, it’s this: getting more money does NOT make you happy. It’s sad that you don’t really know/understand that to be true until it’s proven to you. The whole benefit of having money is to USE it to DO things that can give you joy. HAVING money gives me almost no joy. Start crunching the numbers and find that you can pay for your whole season ticket expenses by selling your tickets to the CU-NU game to a husker?

Time to consider whether you have tickets because you’re a CU fan or you have tickets because you can. The latter is ****in lame.

TL;DR version: you get season tickets to be there for those special moments.

Just on the general topic of purchasing season tickets for sporting events -
Haven't made the same plunge my dad did 30 years ago and purchase CU season tickets despite living out of state (it was his tickets I used yesterday, club level, and there were STILL Husker fans there too!)
Anyway, I have made various season ticket purchases while living in different places - Hawaii in '07-'08 and now Old Dominion the last 3 years (mainly for the fun of tailgating with friends as the ODU FB is mediocre.)
Last year, Virginia Tech came calling in Norfolk and the secondary ODU Tix market was going nuts (@OUBuff can back me up.) ODU was calling to "Keep the Hokies Out" as VT fans were aiming to take over old Foreman Field.
I truly thought long and hard about selling our Tix for that game as it would have paid off the season tix and then some, plus I could save a weekend's worth of tailgate money too.
In the end, our tailgating group decided to do what we always do, go 3 hours before hand, tailgate our asses off and have a good time. If VT started handing ODU their hat, we could leave early and beat the traffic.
Guess what happened? I got to witness the biggest win in ODU history as they beat VT (#16 at the time) 49-35, breaking VT's season. (Sorry, @hokiehead ).
As been said before, if you're a season ticket holder, that's why you go to support your team EVERY DAMN WEEK because you never know when a special moment will happen.
Oh, and nothing better than watching the red blob leave Folsom dejected - I think I may have seen a tear or two from some little Huskers sitting two seats away from us.
Yesterday easily made my top 3 moments in Folsom (other 2 being 62-36 and 27-21 in 1989 which solidified my decision to go to CU)
Yesterday may have also sold my youngest to attend CU when he graduates in 2 years.

I thought the next game was in Boulder... if not I guess you have 5 years to work out the budget. I'm not talking about turning Lincoln Black, I'm talking about keeping Boulder from being red

2023 is in Boulder, and 2024 is back out there.

TL;DR version: you get season tickets to be there for those special moments.

Just on the general topic of purchasing season tickets for sporting events -
Haven't made the same plunge my dad did 30 years ago and purchase CU season tickets despite living out of state (it was his tickets I used yesterday, club level, and there were STILL ****er fans there too!)
Anyway, I have made various season ticket purchases while living in different places - Hawaii in '07-'08 and now Old Dominion the last 3 years (mainly for the fun of tailgating with friends as the ODU FB is mediocre.)
Last year, Virginia Tech came calling in Norfolk and the secondary ODU Tix market was going nuts (@OUBuff can back me up.) ODU was calling to "Keep the Hokies Out" as VT fans were aiming to take over old Foreman Field.
I truly thought long and hard about selling our Tix for that game as it would have paid off the season tix and then some, plus I could save a weekend's worth of tailgate money too.
In the end, our tailgating group decided to do what we always do, go 3 hours before hand, tailgate our asses off and have a good time. If VT started handing ODU their hat, we could leave early and beat the traffic.
Guess what happened? I got to witness the biggest win in ODU history as they beat VT (#16 at the time) 49-35, breaking VT's season. (Sorry, @hokiehead ).
As been said before, if you're a season ticket holder, that's why you go to support your team EVERY DAMN WEEK because you never know when a special moment will happen.
Oh, and nothing better than watching the red blob leave Folsom dejected - I think I may have seen a tear or two from some little ****ers sitting two seats away from us.
Yesterday easily made my top 3 moments in Folsom (other 2 being 62-36 and 27-21 in 1989 which solidified my decision to go to CU)
Yesterday may have also sold my youngest to attend CU when he graduates in 2 years.

Are they planning on heading up to Charlottesville in 2 weeks? I'll be there and tickets were very easy to obtain. Hoping for a good atmosphere.

Are they planning on heading up to Charlottesville in 2 weeks? I'll be there and tickets were very easy to obtain. Hoping for a good atmosphere.
I think there will be a fair amount of fans head up for the game.
Back to the excoriation of the sellout CU "fans" who gave up their tickets...;)

We've had a handful of home wins that were great in the moment in the past decade +. Oklahoma. West Virginia. Cabral's KSU win. Georgia. UCLA, Wazzu and Utah in 2016. But this one was on another level for me as a fan. It's killing me that I wasn't able to be there for it.

Tough game to be at in the first half. With concessions being ****ed, I was so thirsty and hot I was about to pass the **** out. Went out to Franklin for hydration at half time. Hell, I saw a friend leave for good at half. We talked about it, but decided to keep hydrating and wait to see if the team would respond. They did, we went back in, and that 4th quarter was as magical as anything I have been a part of at Folsom. Those 2016 wins in November meant more since we were playing for a division title and I loved the players on that team so much.... but that 4th quarter was just as wonderful, in its own way, as those games. It was so ****ing good. Only 62-36 tops it.

I heard a brief comment that CU fans were fooled into selling their tics to nu fans - which these days may not have been hard to do, i.e. con men can present false caller ID's on your phone. If true, doesn't change much. The money was more important to them than the team

But, as mentioned, seeing all that red in Folsom was one of my worst CU fan experiences. Players are saying it wasn't a big deal, but I think it took the wind out of their sails for a while

I also posted this under the game thread.

I want to punch EVERY so called Buff fan/Alum in the face with brass knuckles that sold there tickets to a Butthusker! And yes, I'm including any AllBuffers! The amount of there fans inside of Folsom was embarrassing. These people who claim to bleed the black and gold are hypocrites.
And I also liked it under the game thread

It was embarrassing. However I don’t think it was quite as bad as it looked. Some of the nub numbers being thrown out are nonsensical. I mean it was bad not downplaying that. But red is a really visible color. It is why they use it on stop signs and poison.

I sit front row upper deck behind the students. And my section looked really red. But when I counted the rows around me there were more buff fans. But we were not homogeneous. Ie we were in gold, black, and white. So a few red shirts really stand out. Being all black would have been nice but half our fan base would have died of heat stroke. (I started the day in my black Alfred jersey. But went outside and was like oh hell no and switched to white)

For me it was louder for the buffs at my seats and on the rooftop. But that may have been flipped on the west side. (Shame on the west side fans. Not only are you sell outs you missed a prime view of frosty puckering up when we started scoring)

Or the alternative explanation
Lot of red because average nub requires twice as much fabric to cover compared to average buff fan.

We've had a handful of home wins that were great in the moment in the past decade +. Oklahoma. West Virginia. Cabral's KSU win. Georgia. UCLA, Wazzu and Utah in 2016. But this one was on another level for me as a fan. It's killing me that I wasn't able to be there for it.
Don’t let it kill you. That would sort of suck.

Seriously Buff fans, not the ones who post here regularly but the rest of you lurkers.

What the ****ing ****? What part of NO RED in the ****ing stadium do you not understand?!??

This team won this game despite you!

I seriously have been pissed off since kickoff. No I was not there (who brings a 5 year old to this game) but I did my part. When a friend of mine with a red piece of bf asked me for a connection for tickets, I said no but I’ll send you a black and gold T-shirt.

Really?!? This team needs some real supporters. Shame on everyone who sold to red.
I do... I brought my 4 and 6 year old to this game. I will admit it was tough with the blazing sun, but we made it. They didn't make it until the end so my wife took them back to the hotel. I'm so glad I stayed for the end... I went down to the student section and had a blast!!

To your original point, I absolutely agree. I was expecting 20% nubs and it was more like 40% nubs. what a bunch of sellouts.

Those who sold their tickets deserve to be boo'd as they walk into the stadium next Saturday

Coach Tucker never mentioned the number of Red fans there and kept thanking us REAL fans that were at the game, but with respect to the really hard work all the coaches and players are doing, this crap can NEVER happen again! This program is in good hands and needs support no matter what.

Coach Tucker never mentioned the number of Red fans there and kept thanking us REAL fans that were at the game, but with respect to the really hard work all the coaches and players are doing, this crap can NEVER happen again! This program is in good hands and needs support no matter what.
It’s on us fans to call out the traitors. Coach Tucker took the high road, I won’t next Saturday.

If you are a season ticket holder you obviously have the discretionary funds to pay for them. To sell them to pay for the rest of the season makes no sense whatsoever. The whole point is entertainment. Not to get your tickets paid for. If that is the case, just pay for games you want to go to.

I am so angry that 15,000 so-called Buffs Fans sold their tickets to Nebraska fans. You should be very embarrassed. Maybe all of you should stay home and not show your ugly faces for the rest of the season as you obviously don't deserve to watch your team play. REAL fans support their team in big games. You embarrassed your school on national tv in what looked almost like an away game. When CU was in the Big 8 and Big 12, there was never a crowd that was this red.

Come forth Buffs fans of little faith and thin wallet and confess so you can be absolved of your sins and join the house of Melvin.

Back