What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

I really hope our coaches have a solid plan if he goes elsewhere. Hopefully there's another kid out there somewhere. I recognize that's fairly unlikely, but one can always hope.

His silence concerns me more than anything. The fact that we haven't heard from him nor has he liked any of the hype our coaches are tweeting tells me everything I need to know. He gone.

Yeah that's what I don't get. Why be all quiet? It's not like athletes now don't tweet or Facebook everything. It might be something stupid like, I'm going to Safeway. Who gives a ****? Get your point though, his silence doesn't seem too promising.

I really hope he sticks to his word.

To me this is different than a HS senior who is going through the recruiting process for the first time as a 17 year old kid. I get why those kids flip and don't really begrudge them for doing so. Davis on the other hand, he committed and the coaches immediately made him a part of recruiting, he was given the opportunity to come and participate as much as possible during spring break, the coaches have been game planning with DW in mind, and he has been trying to assert himself as a leader among his teammates. That's a much different situation than say a Craig Watts.

If DW leaves the coaches holding their d*cks going into the summer, that's pretty disrespectful.

Well if he flipped I figured it would be Cal. Auburn usually gets a more athletic guy, I'm not saying he's not an athlete, just a different type.

When we talk about HS recruits, I totally understand the attitude where we should forgive kids for changing their minds and you're just an asshole if you say negative things about a recruit because he didn't commit to your school.

This is different though. This is a grown man and if he goes back on his word it will be very public, embarrassing to the university and show a lack of character. He's not a high school kid, he's a man who is probably a lock to start here and probably cost us a lot of potential options at the QB position because we have a commitment from him. Jumping ship would be a dirtbag thing to do and there's no mitigating factors about how he's only looking out for his future or how he's just doing what's best for him. Committing to a new school is a POS thing to do and there's no running from that.

I hope this is all conjecture.

I really hope that he still ends up a Buff, but whether he ends up signing here or goes somewhere else I will wish him the best. After all, he definitely helped our recruiting towards the end of this cycle. So whether he arrives or not, he has managed to make the team better next year.

He's gone, there is no reason for him to have dragged this out like this for "free trip" visit. The longer it plays out the more likely it is he isn't coming here. I kind of wish we had Cal on the schedule this year.

He's gone, there is no reason for him to have dragged this out like this for "free trip" visit. The longer it plays out the more likely it is he isn't coming here. I kind of wish we had Cal on the schedule this year.
Dragged out what? He's still committed to CU and hasn't announced otherwise.

If he's gone, we're left with a RS frosh, One Read Sefo and Gehrke, which would drop my expectations from 5 wins to 3-4.

LOL. If Davis Webb is only worth one extra win over Gehrke, Montez or Sefo, then it's not that big of a deal if he decides to go elsewhere.
Exactly. My thoughts:
Davis Webb: 5-8 Ws
Sefo or Montez: 3-6 Ws
Gehrke: 2 Ws

A transfer from Boise State to replace Davis Webb: 4-7 Ws

If Webb isn't coming, it is Sefo or Montez. Gehrke is just not able to be competitive at this level.

Pretty much. At least we Sefo we know we can be competitive (makes the losses gut-wrenching, but at least you watch) and Montez starting would probably be exciting to see something new. But Gehrke would honestly make it hard to watch.

Uncle Rico

He already signed with the Broncos

12804732_10205909690277260_2152443587905925973_n.jpg

Pretty much. At least we Sefo we know we can be competitive (makes the losses gut-wrenching, but at least you watch) and Montez starting would probably be exciting to see something new. But Gehrke would honestly make it hard to watch.
With Sefo in 2016, the only thing we can really hope for is the potential improvement based on a change in offensive philosophy with Chev being in the mix. I think they can take some of the concepts that they were successful with last year and combine them with the more up tempo, quick passing game and hope that he can play better and more efficiently than 2015.

Davis Webb is the difference between a bowl game and no bowl game. MM better sell his soul to get him
According to Howell, Webb has spent time with MMac this week. Webb texted Howell: "Just trying to gather as much information to make the best choice for myself"

The clearest path for Webb to get actual playing time is at CU. Montez is too young. Gerhke is not a threat. Sefo is questionable health wise. Is the situation at Cal or Auburn a clearer path?

The clearest path for Webb to get actual playing time is at CU. Montez is too young. Gerhke is not a threat. Sefo is questionable health wise. Is the situation at Cal or Auburn a clearer path?

The health of Sefo is looking like it could be the problem. He may be ahead of schedule and being the unquestioned leader in the locker room could cause some conflict.

Back