What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Davis Webb (NOTHING - Cal Bound)

Except that when he was in Boulder for his spring break, he specifically said:

I guess we'll just agree to disagree. To me, this rumor, as stipulated by the anonymous Tech person, makes very little sense to me.
Maybe I have my timeline wrong, but wasn't Webb the starter back in like 2013, and then lose his starting job for the next two years? I would imagine that he, of all people, would understand that there is no guarantee for a starting QB job.

Maybe I have my timeline wrong, but wasn't Webb the starter back in like 2013, and then lose his starting job for the next two years? I would imagine that he, of all people, would understand that there is no guarantee for a starting QB job.
Yes. And he credited Chev with helping him through that process. And then there is this quote to the Tech website.
“It seemed like a pretty good situation,” Webb said, “because I know coach Chiaverini there and I’m not going on blind faith. I know what kind of man he is, and I’ll have a fair chance to compete for the starting job.”

Part of me really wants to post that he committed to Cal just to see what would happen. I'll spare you. I just feel like these "rumors" have about the same credibility of me making something up.

I believe the issue is that Webb taking trips advertises that he is not really committed to the Buffs. If Auburn is not a fit why is he taking a trip? So one must think it is a fit. And what is to prevent any other team that has QB worries (don't they all) from reaching out. There are a lot of teams that could offer a chance to compete at QB.

His actions tell me that he saw something at CU that made him uncomfortable with his commitment.

His actions tell me that he saw something at CU that made him uncomfortable with his commitment.

New theory: He had a one-night stand during spring break with some crazy coed and he needs an out so he never has to see her again.

My buddy and his wife jumped at the chance to take a free weekend ski vacation. They now own 1/12 of a 2 bedroom condo in Vail.

Free vacations are rarely free.
it's about discipline. in my past life when our income was much lower, the wife and I took at least two free trips in exchange for sitting through the time-share pitch. Honestly, I'd do it again in my current situation.

[90 minute sales pitch]
"no, I don't think this is for me. where do I pick up my voucher for the free meals you promised?"
[15 more minutes of sales pitch]
"really, this doesn't seem like a good investment. I don't believe that the property values will increase with anywhere near the velocity to overcome the financing and maintenance costs. Do you that voucher?"
"really, no, we're not going to convince me that maxing out our credit cards for the down payment is a good idea. We agreed to sit through 90 minutes of sales pitch and we're at almost 2 hours now. I'm not suggesting you were engaged in false advertising, but it does seem like we held up our end of the deal and you're not doing the same. I was supposed to get a voucher..."

it's about discipline. in my past life when our income was much lower, the wife and I took at least two free trips in exchange for sitting through the time-share pitch. Honestly, I'd do it again in my current situation.

[90 minute sales pitch]
"no, I don't think this is for me. where do I pick up my voucher for the free meals you promised?"
"really, this doesn't seem like a good investment. I don't believe that the property values will increase with anywhere near the velocity to overcome the financing and maintenance costs. Do you that voucher?"
"really, no, we're not going to convince me that maxing out our credit cards for the down payment is a good idea. We agreed to sit through 90 minutes of sales pitch and we're at almost 2 hours now. I'm not suggesting you were engaged in false advertising, but it does seem like we held up our end of the deal and you're not doing the same. I was supposed to get a voucher..."
Your poor wife.

Bump!
giphy.gif

FIFY

Your wife can sit thru a 90 minute sales pitch without buying something? Is she a wizard?
yeah, she's awesome that way.

the most resolve that I ever saw her show was when we were looking for our house here in Colorado. We had our list, with weighted criteria, and after three months of looking we decided that a certain house was "offer worthy". We set a limit of how high we'd go for that house and made the formal offer (commute time was > 45 minutes so that number was quite a bit lower than our real maximum). Three rounds of offers and counter offers over two weeks and the seller had us pushed to our limit. We had been living in a 400 sq ft apartment for three months, we had no other houses deemed "offer worthy" at that point and our BATNA was continued residence in the 400 sq ft apartment.

There was no discussion. We were at our limit for that house and walked away. I think I was closer to capitulating than she was -- I hated that apartment.

yeah, she's awesome that way.

the most resolve that I ever saw her show was when we were looking for our house here in Colorado. We had our list, with weighted criteria, and after three months of looking we decided that a certain house was "offer worthy". We set a limit of how high we'd go for that house and made the formal offer (commute time was > 45 minutes so that number was quite a bit lower than our real maximum). Three rounds of offers and counter offers over two weeks and the seller had us pushed to our limit. We had been living in a 400 sq ft apartment for three months, we had no other houses deemed "offer worthy" at that point and our BATNA was continued residence in the 400 sq ft apartment.

There was no discussion. We were at our limit for that house and walked away. I think I was closer to capitulating than she was -- I hated that apartment.
And now that house is worth 3 times what you offered, haha.

And now that house is worth 3 times what you offered, haha.
exaggerated truth, but yeah, that house and every other one we looked at. absurd real estate market here. our house value increased enough in 22 months to warrant a re-fi.

FWIW, Webb changed his avatar back to a Tech pic and now he's following Cal 2016 target Demetrius Robertson and Cal RB Vic Enwere (who also followed him)

Last edited:
FWIW, Webb changed his avatar back to a Tech pic and now he's following Cal 2016 target Demetrius Robertson and Cal RB Vic Enwere (who also followed him)

Guess it's just another dream
That's slipping away
Each time I fall asleep
It seems I'm just drifting away
Just as yo have touched my heart
Babe I wake and we're apart
Yeah and it's slipping away

Here comes just another day
That's drifting away
Every time I draw a breath
It's dying away
First the sun and then the moon
One of them will be here soon
Slipping away
Slipping away

Drifting away
Slipping away

Just as you have touched my heart
I wake up babe and we're apart
It seems we're slipping away
Slipping away
Slipping away

All I want is ecstasy
But I ain't getting much
Just getting off on misery
It seems I've lost my touch

Well it's just another song
But it's slipping away
We we didn't sing it long
'Cos it's fading away
First the sun and then the moon
One of them will be here soon
Slipping away
Slipping away
Slipping away

I wouldn't be happy if he didn't stick to his word. End of the day though, maybe he feels more comfortable at Cal or Auburn. I can't fault him for that. It will leave us in a tough spot saying that. Maybe we could bring in a Juco late or something?

Back