What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Which non-Seniors are we losing?

letsgoavs192

I support systemic racism
When I looked a few weeks ago I thought we pretty much had everyone back next year aside from Landman and a player here or there. I saw a tweet Saturday about several key guys who weren't seniors that participated in the pre-game ceremonies. Saw Wells is going pro

Who else do we lose?

Great question. I haven't seen much other than the guys who participated in senior day, who weren't actually seniors. Sound to me like those guys are moving on, but I have not seen anything other than Wells is going to test the pro waters.

My guess is we will probably hear a few names leaving to the pros or the portal after the UU game.

We already know Wells, Shenault, Murray and Toll are gone.

Great question. I haven't seen much other than the guys who participated in senior day, who weren't actually seniors. Sound to me like those guys are moving on, but I have not seen anything other than Wells is going to test the pro waters.

My guess is we will probably hear a few names leaving to the pros or the portal after the UU game.

We already know Wells, Shenault, Murray and Toll are gone.
Sucks, I've been excited about next year thinking we had almost everyone on the two deep back along with an improving Lewis. If we lose 5-6 key guys my optimism goes away real fast.

Sucks, I've been excited about next year thinking we had almost everyone on the two deep back along with an improving Lewis. If we lose 5-6 key guys my optimism goes away real fast.

WTF? CU doesn't have 5-6 key guys across the whole roster!

The defense had two this season: Landman and Gonzalez. Wells would have been "key" if they hadn't wasted him in a bad scheme, dropping him into coverage all season.

The offense had zero key guys this season. Rice, Broussard and Russell are possible key players, but none of them are blue chips that can overcome scheme and lack of surrounding talent.

From the current roster Gonzalez and Rice are the only two guys I can come up with that I'm hoping don't transfer. All other players are replaceable with better inbound portal transfers.

You think? I am sure Clayton is gone, but who else are we positive are leaving?
I am not positive about anything, just a hunch that you will see a bigger number than usual Every year you get 3-5 players moving on for various reasons. My suspicion is the number will be higher this year. No info, just a guess.

Many of these guys have been here a long time. Sami for example is now 5 years out of high school and listed as a sophomore. Newsflash, he's not going to be here for 8 years. Certainly we'd take him back but he's got to be considering his options. Lang is also in year 5, listed as a Jr.

A lot of guys have to decide if they are going to try to play pro somewhere (NFL or other) or keep going to school in year 6.

I think we end up losing a bunch of defensive guys. Probably 7-8 starters.

Rice, Gonzo, Stanley, Blackmon, Reid, Lewis (or JT)

Those would be unexpected blows to me.

Fillip would be a big loss - I'd be concerned with him leaving.
Kutsch and Pursell are gone.
Max Wray could retire.
Chance Lytle is from the 2016 class, so 6 years on campus....
Got to believe Carson Lee is gone.

We are in very bad shape on the OL going forward (yet again, or still)

Fillip would be a big loss - I'd be concerned with him leaving.
Kutsch and Pursell are gone.
Max Wray could retire.
Chance Lytle is from the 2016 class, so 6 years on campus....
Got to believe Carson Lee is gone.

We are in very bad shape on the OL going forward (yet again, or still)
I was told CU was young on the OL...and that the OL was talented and deep. Was I misled?

I foresee a few promising players leaving, especially after coaching change(s), mainly offense. Maybe a few more marginal players in the spring and during fall camp.

didn’t want to see Shenault go, but probably for his best interest to move on.

Rice is a wildcard. He definitely did not seem to happy with how the season progressed, and nearly getting murdered on an incomplete (bad) throw, may have sealed the deal.

I think Gonzalez sticks around for next season, may/may not go pro after that. He’s a two-year starter here for a mild defense. A team leader on that side of the ball, and a change to a (better) different school would change that role dynamic for him

Clayton is another wildcard. I just think that he hasn’t shown enough at the college level to land at a P5 school right now. If he leaves, it’ll be G5 at best, and he may be a #2 or #3 back at an AAC (south/southeast) school.

Kind of weird post the Covid year with what class guy are actually in. During one of the games I was watching, they were talking about a 4th year sophomore. Academically, that's a senior.

Kind of weird post the Covid year with what class guy are actually in. During one of the games I was watching, they were talking about a 4th year sophomore. Academically, that's a senior.
We have a few sophomores that will be entering year 6 next year as they grayshirted!

That's why KD says we are young! We are young only at cornerback. And confused - see Chip Kelly reference.

This roster needs a make over. I'd have no problem bringing in upwards of 8-10 portal guys on both sides.

I'm really not fearful of anyone leaving outside of Rice or Gonzalez. This team needs a massive infusion of talent and that is only going to happen through the portal.

You can expect to lose upwards of 6 guys a year in the portal, so get ready. There will be some that don't move the needle and will be a few that do move the needle.

If Dorrell has any chance of being successful here he absolutely has to hit in the portal. No way around it.

Last edited:
Gonzales going portal would surprise me. He has been getting quality reps and there’s no better way to prepare for the next level than that. Rice on the other hand has been getting very few quality targets. This offense is not good for WRs right now and OL struggle bus seems to have a full head of steam.

This roster needs a make over. I'd have no problem bringing in upwards of 8-10 portal guys on both sides.

I'm really not fearful of anyone leaving outside of Rice or Gonzalez. This team needs a massive infusion of talent and that is only going to happen through the portal.

You can expect to lose upwards of 6 guys a year in the portal, so get ready. There will be some that don't move the needle and will be a few contributors.

If Dorrell has any chance of being successful here he absolutely has to hit in the portal. No way around it.
Since transfers count against the 25 scholarships per year, we only have room for 8 transfers as things stand today, and I doubt we are done with HS/JC recruiting based on the offers that are out there. Perhaps they are about to be telling some current commits to find a new home, but I also doubt that at this point.

Since transfers count against the 25 scholarships per year, we only have room for 8 transfers as things stand today, and I doubt we are done with HS/JC recruiting based on the offers that are out there. Perhaps they are about to be telling some current commits to find a new home, but I also doubt that at this point.
Sounds very CU on that last sentence

You can expect to lose upwards of 6 guys a year in the portal, so get ready. There will be some that don't move the needle and will be a few contributors.

We have the guys to be much better than we are. I'd settle for competent. When KU can improve and actually beat a much more talented UT-Austin team... When UW, USC, Stanford are all awful despite being 3 of the top 4 teams in terms of recruited talent....

I'm not saying talent DOES NOT matter but without competent coaching, it won't matter much.

Last edited:
Back