What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Who should be our next head coach?

Jayne Cobb

One Damn Dirty Ape
Club Member
I think that it is obvious to some of us that we need a new head coach for the 2022 season.

I think that CU needs to be bold. In all seriousness, I think we should go after Kevin Kelley.

I don’t see CU being competitive in the next few years without some drastic changes, and Kelley (and I am really being serious here) would bring that.

He is known as the maverick coach who almost never punts, does an onside kick on every kickoff, and goes for it on fourth down most of the time. It is all stats based.

He is currently the head coach at a small school, Presbyterian College, an FCS school in South Carolina. I am pretty sure we can get him. We need to be bold. He is a bold choice. Even if he fails it would be a glorious failure.

I think that it is obvious to some of us that we need a new head coach for the 2022 season.

I think that CU needs to be bold. In all seriousness, I think we should go after Kevin Kelley.

I don’t see CU being competitive in the next few years without some drastic changes, and Kelley (and I am really being serious here) would bring that.

He is known as the maverick coach who almost never punts, does an onside kick on every kickoff, and goes for it on fourth down most of the time. It is all stats based.

He is currently the head coach at a small school, Presbyterian College, an FCS school in South Carolina. I am pretty sure we can get him. We need to be bold. He is a bold choice. Even if he fails it would be a glorious failure.
If we're lucky, he would be known as "a national treasure" by the time he moves on to his next gig.

I like where you're going with this, but Kevin Kelley is not the answer. But yes to someone who competes ferociously... in the recruiting game. Someone who fvcking gets it that most college games are won on talent before the first play of each game.

The blue hose, eh?

Funny I posted an ESPN.con article of him in the Non FBS thread not that long ago.

He just lost at Dayton 63-43 last week.

I don’t have a name but I would search heavily for a coach in the Big Ten footprint.

Ditka-Finger.jpg

If we’re gonna go down this route again, can someone PLEASE finally listen to @Duff Man and go for young coordinators?!?

Yeah okay let's go hire somebody like Dan Lanning who is gone first chance he gets-just like the last coordinator we hired did.

Not only that-but the way this thing is heading we're going to need a guy who can get us out of the ditch.

If we’re gonna go down this route again, can someone PLEASE finally listen to @Duff Man and go for young coordinators?!?
Young assistants across the board.

I'd rather have guys working their tails off trying to move up in the business than guys coasting on their reputations.

If we are having coaches hired away from us it means that we have good coaches that other schools want and that we are winning enough for other schools to pay attention.

Back