What's new
  • In addition to the game day thread we will also have live chat during the Buffs UCLA game. Consider it the 2020 version of a tailgate. This is normally a club member only feature but will be open to all registered users this weekend.

Why was Noyer moved to DB?

NW Buff

Club Member
Club Member
Your post assumes that the lightbulb wasn’t already on. You got any data or proof of that, other than some straw man bull**** that is couched in his performance as a 3rd string in total garbage, lack of reps time?
Sorry, meant to put a “?” at the end of that sentence. It was a question and not an assertion. I have very little evidence of anything but that’s kind of the point. I’m very happy Noyer is playing like he is this year. It’s unexpected and awesome.

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
I don’t know what the team dynamics were with Montez at QB but I have to think guys wouldn’t exactly run through a wall for him. I’m willing to bet just about every guy would run through a brick wall for Noyer. That’s the difference.

MtnBuff

Not allowed in Barzil 2
Club Member
I don’t know what the team dynamics were with Montez at QB but I have to think guys wouldn’t exactly run through a wall for him. I’m willing to bet just about every guy would run through a brick wall for Noyer. That’s the difference.
Or with him because he would be there with them.

cu62nu36

Large Member
The way this is going we may not see Brendon Lewis on the field until 2022. Maybe never if Tigard is good.

patebuff

Club Member
Club Member
Should I even ask.....

Alright, who is Tigard?
winnie the pooh GIF

4BienemyTDs

Club Member
Club Member
I think Langsdorf deserves a lot of credit for choosing what Noyer offers. Great leadership through experience and adversity. Very accurate thrower, and kung fu running!

CPVbuff

I think the move to safety while unusual was kind of the key to unlocking his potential at QB. Strange, I know But the 100 or so snaps on the field just gave home confidence he can play this game and freed him to let it rip. He runs with a little violence, playing without fear.
It’s been four years since he played any football in a game. The time at safety alleviated that issue

Not Sure

Sets low bar, barely exceeds it.
Club Member
Bookmarking this thread to reference when people ask why the backup should get meaningful snaps. I don't care if you have PFM starting at QB - in college, your backup should get snaps when the outcome of the game is still in question.
And yet, when KD did exactly that by putting in Lytle in the second quarter against UCLA, people here lost their ****.
There’s no pleasing some people.

GawainBuff

Because what we are seeing on the field is night and day from what we were seeing from the supposed better player.
The other issue was mentioned in a recent interview with Chev: Chev said he has a very QB friendly system with fewer checks at the line and easier reads, which means that last year’s offense was more complicated and required more quick decisions—for a QB who was barely capable of doing any of that.

Talk about not matching your system to your talent. Looks like MSU gets this level of ingenious planning now.