What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Why was Noyer moved to DB?

He's been a better QB than Montez ever was this year, by a longshot. WTF were Midnight Mel and crew thinking? Were they enamored by Paxton's...I mean Montez's physical gifts?
I was reading about this on Qanon. Mel was playing 3d chess and it was all orchestrated by Nick Saban.

1. Bury your best qb on defensive depth chart so that he enters the transfer portal
2. Get the MSU job and have Noyer transfer in
3. ????
4. Don’t get blown out by Indiana

They didn’t count on CU being able hire a competent coach and ****ing it all up.

I have zero idea what the coaches saw in practice because they sure didn’t see anything in any games. Whatever the former coach and his staff missed, KD and his staff didn’t.

Listen, Montez is super talented and his upside is enthralling. But what we fans see in Noyer are the intangible things that Montez lacked. Maybe intangibles are hard to evaluate when the guy gets zero reps.

He's been a better QB than Montez ever was this year, by a longshot. WTF were Midnight Mel and crew thinking? Were they enamored by Paxton's...I mean Montez's physical gifts?
Certain coaches are convinced they are going to prove themselves smarter than everybody else. They are absolutely sure that they can fix what keeps talented players from reaching their potential.

Sometimes they simply don't know that a guy is better because the differences don't show up in a controlled practice environment. All of the advantages that Noyer has over Montez are things that show up with an opponent on the field.

They would never admit it but sometimes I think coaches are afraid that if they give somebody else the opportunity they will prove the coaches wrong then they will have to explain.

We saw Cody play every meaningful snap, then it was Sefo, then it went to Montez.

Noyer could see how the decision making process was going. The only way that anyone other than Montez was going to see any real time was if he got seriously hurt, and then it was going to be Lytle in the same situation.

CU isn't the only place this kind of thing happens. Don't forget that Reeves was going to turn Elway into Roger Staubach no matter what and when it Elway didn't go along with the plan he drafted another QB in the first round.

y'all, this is some revisionist history. noyer is playing lights out but montez has nfl level physical skills and when he is on, he shows it. noyer has heart and grit and we probably would have won more games with him starting but that's a really hard coaching decision you are advocating for.

the big thing that separates the 2 in my view is leadership and decision-making. noyer wins those intangibles, imho, but montez was a guy who could make plays that required special physical gifts.

it is all good... we are 2-0 against conference opponents. we have already exceeded most of our expectations-- there is a path to the south. love where we are, rather than tough decisions from the past.

y'all, this is some revisionist history. noyer is playing lights out but montez has nfl level physical skills and when he is on, he shows it. noyer has heart and grit and we probably would have won more games with him starting but that's a really hard coaching decision you are advocating for.

the big thing that separates the 2 in my view is leadership and decision-making. noyer wins those intangibles, imho, but montez was a guy who could make plays that required special physical gifts.

it is all good... we are 2-0 against conference opponents. we have already exceeded most of our expectations-- there is a path to the south. love where we are, rather than tough decisions from the past.
Montez had all the physical skills and none of the mental/ non physical skills. At some point, the coaches need to assess that and adjust.

Don't want to speak for Rino' here. To me these couple of games beg the question why he (or anybody else) didn't get a chance, either in the OOC games or when it was obvious that Montez, despite his physical talent wasn't going to win us the game.

Exactly how many games did Montez win after being down by more than two scores? Or even down by one score? How many times did we win games based on his leadership and performance under pressure?

Yes Montez has NFL physical tools what does it then say that in a league begging for QBs he didn't get a sniff in the seven rounds of the draft.

People are forgetting how bad Noyer looked the few times he got in last year. Admittedly it wasn’t much but he didn’t show anything. I’m really happy for him and the team this year. Connection with the staff and the other players, another year of maturity and the lightbulb going on. Who knows but there’s no reason to second guess the past. Enjoy the now while it’s good.

Amazing how quickly the narrative changed. Three weeks ago people were losing their ever-lovin’ minds about HCKD and Noyer.

I have been hopeful about this staff but this start exceed expectations for sure. The team is prepared and playing for each other which demonstrates the culture is right. Chemistry of a team cannot be overlooked and is difficult to predict. Let’s enjoy the ride this season!

People are forgetting how bad Noyer looked the few times he got in last year. Admittedly it wasn’t much but he didn’t show anything. I’m really happy for him and the team this year. Connection with the staff and the other players, another year of maturity and the lightbulb going on. Who knows but there’s no reason to second guess the past. Enjoy the now while it’s good.
He was playing safety last year.

Because what we are seeing on the field is night and day from what we were seeing from the supposed better player.
And we have no idea if we would have seen the same thing under the previous coaching staff with him being a year younger

Back