What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

Finals were the 12th-16th at Okie.

For those of you that can remember or are still in school, does this make it a big party weekend this week?

My hazy recollection was that after finals it wasn't great because people were on different schedules, leaving at different times, and most people tried to cut out and get home as soon as they could.
People peaced either yesterday or today.

From what I remember, finals were dead, and people bolted as soon as their last final was done. The weekend after spring finals was a different story. It was usually a pretty good time.

It was fun when you finished before everyone else and you and a select group of friends could just get completely ****faced while the less fortunate continued to hunker down in the library.

The in-home was last night.
I'm taking this as there is still an opportunity if he had Embree in home last night for an "eye opening" in home the night before he left for Oklahoma. My guess would be that new **** was brought to light to him during that in home visit. I wouldn't count us out yet. We're certainly a longshot dark horse, but we're still in his top 5.
So, is a "longshot darkhorse" a good thing? I mean, a "longshot" would be bad. And a "darkhorse" would be, as well. But a "longshot darkhorse" would imply that us being a darkhorse is a longshot, right? :smile2:

That's what I remember as well. In fact, I remember freshman year when I had a final on the afternoon of 12/22 (the last day of finals that year) and the place was a ghost town.

From what I remember, finals were dead, and people bolted as soon as their last final was done. The weekend after spring finals was a different story. It was usually a pretty good time.

This is my recollection.

So, is a "longshot darkhorse" a good thing? I mean, a "longshot" would be bad. And a "darkhorse" would be, as well. But a "longshot darkhorse" would imply that us being a darkhorse is a longshot, right? :smile2:
Well, look at the wit on father time! Figured you would have forgotten how to be snarky after all these years.
:finger2::lol:

I don't know how much of a longshort, or darkhorse, we are with McNamara. Never said I did, for that certain individual who wanted to put words in my mouth.

For opinion and speculation -- A Head Coach, whose last coaching gig was none other than a TE coach in the NFL, visits a highly talented, high-profile TE recruit, right before the said recruit trips to another university. Based on the coach's credentials, I'd say we're definitely not out of this. And I like the timing of the visit.

For facts -- the boomers are really hurting at the TE position. Dessimated would be a word at the right level, except that would imply influence from outside forces. The boomers have brought this situation on themselves.

-- they currently have 3 TE's on their roster; 2 seniors and 1 underclassman. That's right -- after their bowl game, they'll be down to 1 TE.

-- spoke to a long-time fan, and Rivals account holder. Apparently, the fanbase is not happy right now with the TE coach. Too much attrition, and some feel he got the job because he's friends with stoooopsy. Either way, you have to look no farther than last year's recruiting class at TE -- both are now gone, including the athletic 4* from Southmoore HS.

Final conclusion; I think the boomers are in the drivers seat for McNamara. But don't count out JE.....not yet.

this could be a reach.... i think having our visit so early may of screwed up. hope the in home was really an eye opener like her said. commme on tmaccc be a buff!

I'm pretty sure OU is on the 17th

You're the third on this one.

All kinds of logic points to OU on this one but I think we have a very good shot. McNamara seems like a bright kid. Football is important to him and the OU program is a great program but OU definately doesn't match up to CU in terms of the academics or the campus. Big determining factor is if he wants to play in the NFL OU can't match Embree and EB in terms of getting him ready. CU has a long history of high quality TEs, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Taylor isn't our next one.

You're the third on this one.

All kinds of logic points to OU on this one but I think we have a very good shot. McNamara seems like a bright kid. Football is important to him and the OU program is a great program but OU definately doesn't match up to CU in terms of the academics or the campus. Big determining factor is if he wants to play in the NFL OU can't match Embree and EB in terms of getting him ready. CU has a long history of high quality TEs, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Taylor isn't our next one.

Not sure if your analysis about OU compared to CU is quite on point, but I agree that it will be really nice to land this kid.

Not sure if your analysis about OU compared to CU is quite on point, but I agree that it will be really nice to land this kid.

Seems like a lot of people think it is down to us or OU. OU has won a lot more games recently but my point is that outside of the number of wins in recent years CU has some real advantages for McNamara.

A few months ago we went from being completely out of it to being in it so he is listening to us. I hope that the decision he makes is to be a Buff. In my completely biased opinion we are a much better choice for him.

Seems like a lot of people think it is down to us or OU. OU has won a lot more games recently but my point is that outside of the number of wins in recent years CU has some real advantages for McNamara.
I agree. Playing TE in a pro offense with a head coach who was a TE in college and NFL and was a TE coach with some of the best NFL TEs in history. On top of that we play in the Pac 12 so he'd be able to play near home and on TV in Cali all the time. Besides I bet OU doesn't have 28 pages of discussion on him like we do at AB :lol: Point being he'd be a serious BMOC here and at OU he'd be just another great player on the team. And who the hell would choose Norman over Boulder anyway?

I have no idea what his tweet means but both Cal and OU begin classes on the 17th of January. The official start of the semester is the 10th at Berkeley but instruction starts on the 17th.

My question would be which team used the TE more last year?

There you go being negative again....

CU often used 2 TE's (Bahr or Lewis as blocking TE's) and Deehan. 2 of those three are gone. EB would like to use the TE's as Stanford does. 2-3 at a time, catching passes up the seam, crossing routes, etc.

Cal doesn't use them much at all from what I can tell.

OU uses them. Why have all the OU TE's left?

CU often used 2 TE's (Bahr or Lewis as blocking TE's) and Deehan. 2 of those three are gone. EB would like to use the TE's as Stanford does. 2-3 at a time, catching passes up the seam, crossing routes, etc.

Nothing concrete, but a lot of fans are displeased with the TE coach, Kittle. It appears now that when the 2 seniors grad, the boomers will have 0 (yes, zero) TE's remaining on the roster. They have recruited 1 hs te, and 1 JC who will be on campus at mid-year.

Deehan was a good, servicable recieving TE but could be covered effectively by a LB or a safety, Thornton has some speed and can get open but doesn't seem to get the offense and drops the ball way to often to be featured as a reciever. The rest of our TEs were primarily blockers.

I think we would have seen a lot more out of the TEs last year had we had TEs that could have been effectively used.

There you go, being some super sensitive douche again. I asked a question. There was nothing negative about it.

CU needs him and maybe if you paid as much attention to positive posts as much as you do seeking out the negative, life would be happier for you.

Back