What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

laughing_bear.jpg

Did not know that bears could beat off.....

Last edited by a moderator:
And the doosh says it is a big surprise that the Buffs are in it....

:lol: man talk about back and forth. We were the siletn commit team, then he committed to cal, then it was almost 100% cal lean, then the buffs were out, then OU is in the picture, etc.

Taylor seems to have eliminated Cal (via Twitter):

Down to #cu and #oklahoma. Due to reasons specific to my priorities. Just trying to do what's best for me.

We've had a couple guys recently that were down to CU and ou, running 50%, but we got the wrong one

True....how about you step in and put Taylor's pic on your avatar? On second thought, maybe a bad omen....

We were his first visit and OU his last. I like our chances if this goes into mid January. There's something he likes about CU

If I was Taylor, the big question I'd be trying to find the answer to is, "Why did ever TE on the OU roster decide to get the hell out of there?".

Both CU and OU have positives and negatives. CU plays in the Pac 12 and will get him closer to home more often. It has better academics and has a former NFL TE as the head coach. We have a great campus in a fun and vibrant city. The negatives are that we've sucked pond water for the better part of a decade. OU has a strong tradition and wins a lot of games. School is probably easier at OU for football players than it is at CU. Negatives are that it plays in a dying conference and is located in the middle of tornado alley in a town with about the same character as a garden slug.

It's not an easy decision to make.

Both CU and OU have positives and negatives. CU plays in the Pac 12 and will get him closer to home more often. It has better academics and has a former NFL TE as the head coach. We have a great campus in a fun and vibrant city. The negatives are that we've sucked pond water for the better part of a decade. OU has a strong tradition and wins a lot of games. School is probably easier at OU for football players than it is at CU. Negatives are that it plays in a dying conference and is located in the middle of tornado alley in a town with about the same character as a garden slug.

One other positive for CU that might be the biggest factor if he chooses us. Taylor's best friend is going to be the quarterback in his recruiting class.

ESPN Insider interview is up. Very good stuff. http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/west/post?id=1475

“Colorado is an amazing place to live too and I always says if football was taken away for me, that’s a place I know I would be comfortable at. My parents really like the school as well and its better academically than most people realize. My only concern was always the talent level on the team and the fact that program is really down right now. The coaches are saying in just a couple of years, they’ll be ready to compete with anyone but I’m just not sure. Coach Embree is definitely making me thing though and if anyone can do it, he can.”

I like what he is saying. He understands what is going on.

Did not know that bears could beat off.....

We can.

:lol: man talk about back and forth. We were the siletn commit team, then he committed to cal, then it was almost 100% cal lean, then the buffs were out, then OU is in the picture, etc.

As recently as this morning, I was pretty sure he was all OU with a slim chance for Cal and zero for CU but good to hear this is no longer the case. You guys have to be at least 50-50 now with OU if not having a higher chance?...I hope he picks CU if Cal is completely out of the picture. Good luck to the Buffs- he's a good kid and player.

Who's laughing now?
crying%2Bbear.gif

BTW...Awesome circus bear picture Skidmark.

the most entertaining thing Sacky has written since 2007.......

Back