What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 CA QB Tyler Lytle (Signed to COLORADO)

D3 in that scenario.
tenor.gif

I just saw on the Buffs instagram he was a 2020 graduate, that’s damn impressive.
Not to take anything away from Tyler, but this is the "expectation" now for recruits that are ready for college academically when they show up. They start classes in May of their Senior Year, so three full academic years plus 3 or sometimes 4 summers put them on track to graduate in three years, without taking heavy loads. Given the grad transfer options, I think this has become the new NORMAL for QBs especially.

Not to take anything away from Tyler, but this is the "expectation" now for recruits that are ready for college academically when they show up. They start classes in May of their Senior Year, so three full academic years plus 3 or sometimes 4 summers put them on track to graduate in three years, without taking heavy loads. Given the grad transfer options, I think this has become the new NORMAL for QBs especially.

That’s true, I forgot he was an early enrollee, good point.

So...time to get worried about Lewis being a grad transfer loss in 3 years?

So...time to get worried about Lewis being a grad transfer loss in 3 years?
Nope, time to assume that every QB will graduate in 3 years (remembering that the summer session after graduation still allows them to count as a May graduate).
Very few QBs will NOT meet that standard.

I think guys who've spent 3-4 years on a P5 campus rightfully should go where they're almost assured that they can be developed and start. Umass head coach and OC/QB coach have had explosive offenses. Of he can win the job, he will have every opportunity to showcase his talent. Great choice. Lytle may or may not have had P5 options, and that should not be high on the list of importance.
Hope he accomplishes those goals!

I think guys who've spent 3-4 years on a P5 campus rightfully should go where they're almost assured that they can be developed and start. Umass head coach and OC/QB coach have had explosive offenses. Of he can win the job, he will have every opportunity to showcase his talent. Great choice. Lytle may or may not have had P5 options, and that should not be high on the list of importance.
Hope he accomplishes those goals!
Makes sense to go someplace where he feels like he fits and will have a good chance to win the starting job and have success.

UMass is also a good school. For a kid from California who spent time in Colorado it will be a different and could be a very good experience for him.

Good luck to him.

Makes sense to go someplace where he feels like he fits and will have a good chance to win the starting job and have success.

UMass is also a good school. For a kid from California who spent time in Colorado it will be a different and could be a very good experience for him.

Good luck to him.
He is gonna love the Massholes!

Not sure what his life plan or educational goal is, but, aside from football, spending time on the East Coast will be an awesome experience for him.

Good luck to him.
Meh. Amherst is one of the crunchiest towns in Massachusetts. Not too different from Boulder, personality-wise.
Western Mass is a different vibe than the coast.

Back