What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

It appears more and more likely that the Penn State job will be opening. That job would be a whole lot more attractive minus the Sandusky scandal.

Al Golden would be the obvious target. Schiano could be looking for a way back to college.

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC
UT: Mack Brown resigned
UMass: fires Charley Molnar

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Bringing in Boise Pete
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacemetn Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC

The UT HC coaching cluster continues.....

Oh, and Bill O'Brien reworked his first contract at Perv St. reducing his buyout if he leaves for a NFL team from $19M to $6.5M, now is seeking a further reduction...Adam Shefter, and other posters here seem to think Perv. St. will be open soon.

Justin Wilcox to $C as DC, $C will be letting go their ST coach.

Last edited:
It appears more and more likely that the Penn State job will be opening. That job would be a whole lot more attractive minus the Sandusky scandal.

Al Golden would be the obvious target. Schiano could be looking for a way back to college.
If I were Golden I'd rather stay at Miami.

Oregon DC Nick Aliotti is retiring

Have known this was coming for a while, but it is nice that it's official. He did a lot of good things for this program, but as of late his defenses were being torched. He had a lot of talent and as of recent the defensive performances were lackluster at best. This is the best option for him and the program moving forward. I would love to see them go after Oregron (forgot how to spell his name), but I suspect they will promote John Neal.

If I were Golden I'd rather stay at Miami.

Personally, I would too. But things to keep in mind, Golden is a Penn St. alum and was constantly being mentioned as a possible replacement for Paterno. Miami is often viewed as being a way better program than they actually are. Facilities and fan support are terrible. Sure, they're in a recruiting hotbed, but they're increasingly trying to compete with UF, FSU, and a handful of other programs that have been more successful recently and have all the gadgets to impress the recruits.

If I was him, I'd take the negatives of Miami over the positives of Penn St. It wouldn't surprise me either way though. I would expect him to be on the top of or near the top of their wish list.

Personally, I would too. But things to keep in mind, Golden is a Penn St. alum and was constantly being mentioned as a possible replacement for Paterno. Miami is often viewed as being a way better program than they actually are. Facilities and fan support are terrible. Sure, they're in a recruiting hotbed, but they're increasingly trying to compete with UF, FSU, and a handful of other programs that have been more successful recently and have all the gadgets to impress the recruits.

If I was him, I'd take the negatives of Miami over the positives of Penn St. It wouldn't surprise me either way though. I would expect him to be on the top of or near the top of their wish list.
Yeah I remember hearing that, just wouldn't want to go to PSU. I think he's done a good job at Miami, you can win there.

Oregon should get that Pendergast guy. He put in work for USC this season.
Read somewhere that he hates recruiting and wants to go back to NFL.

I wonder if Wilcox leaves USC for Oregon if they called. I know he just accepted a position at USC, but who knows.

Per ESPN
PSU soon to join the seconday market?

Bill O'Brien has emerged as the overwhelming favorite to become the next coach of the Houston Texans, and the two sides are working to get a deal in place within the next week, league sources told ESPN.
O'Brien met with the Texans this week after Christmas at his home in Cape Cod, resulting in intensified discussions they hope will culminate with a finalized contract, the sources said.

Well, there had been smoke for the last few weeks for O'Brien...looks like Perv St. will be looking for a new head coach...no pun intended.

Franklin to PSU?

Interesting. If he ends up there, it probably reveals some of Texas' intentions. I doubt the horns would lose Franklin if he was at the top of their list, but I get the feeling their search could end up being dumpster fire, given the makeup of their hiring committee.

It's Navin with an "i". Navin R. Johnson. Registered a while back. Lurked ever since. Figure now is a good time to show you my special purpose.

Back