What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

For those saying Peterson will have trouble recruiting at UDub, do you follow our recruiting? If he brings over Boise's "no OVs to other places after a verbal or we drop your offer" to UDub's recruiting then he may recruit as poorly as MM has this past cycle. H2H battles are where Sark was kicking ass right now. Can Peterson continue that?

Talent trumps just about everything in CFB.

For those saying Peterson will have trouble recruiting at UDub, do you follow our recruiting? If he brings over Boise's "no OVs to other places after a verbal or we drop your offer" to UDub's recruiting then he may recruit as poorly as MM has this past cycle. H2H battles are where Sark was kicking ass right now. Can Peterson continue that?

Talent trumps just about everything in CFB.

UW has different expectations right now than the Buffs do. In their minds, they feel that they should be competing to be the top team in the conference every year but I don't see the great recruiters needed to do that like Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, USC, or even ASU. As great of a coach that he was at Boise in the 1 or 2 games a year that he had to prepare for, he has to be able to recruit much better talent than he ever had to before. I would also expect that if I paid almost 4 million a year for a coach, they would bring a better staff than Boise's.

There was talk this morning on ESPN that a big factor in Bill O'Brien leaving was a constant pressure from what they called the Paterno clan being constantly reminded that JoePa would do things differently.

They say you never want to be the guy who replaces a legend, you want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. In this case I don't think that's going to help.

The only way to get past the legend is to win enough to make that irrelevant and with their sanctions that isn't going to happen. Other than that you wait long enough for the supporters to die off.

The other option is to give the supporters of the legend what they want and have it turn out so badly that they don't have much choice but to shut up. Unfortunately that leaves you in the hole that M2 finds himself in at CU.
I think he's primarily leaving because he wants to coach in the pros. It doesn't help they were hit with more sanctions than he expected or the JoePa factor.

String has interviewed with Texas. Briles allegedly says he'd take the job if offered.

String has interviewed with Texas. Briles allegedly says he'd take the job if offered.

Bailer fans must be in full panic. I wonder if this is because he wants the job or because his agent told him it will likely get him a bunch more money from the BU supporters.

Ill say it again, UT should just hire Briles now. It sounds like he wants out of Waco.

Ill say it again, UT should just hire Briles now. It sounds like he wants out of Waco.
As you know, I'm with you on this. The only things I can think of, that would keep Briles at Bailer are: 1) new stadium opening next year; and 2) young team with a lot of returning starters and a better QB.

Get outcoached in a bowl game and beaten by a less talented team. Sounds like a perfect fit for Austin.

Actually UCF has some players but should Baylor have lost that game?

If he wants out of Waco so badly, why did he just sign an extension with an expensive buyout?

What Briles said was some refreshing honesty from a football coach. He said it is a business and that if someone wanted to pay him some extra millions, he'd be interested. Just about every coach is like that, so I don't think the Briles comments make him more likely to leave his current job than any other coach. He's happy where he's at and would look at a new job if it came with a big pay bump. Like everyone in every profession.

What Briles said was some refreshing honesty from a football coach. He said it is a business and that if someone wanted to pay him some extra millions, he'd be interested. Just about every coach is like that, so I don't think the Briles comments make him more likely to leave his current job than any other coach. He's happy where he's at and would look at a new job if it came with a big pay bump. Like everyone in every profession.
Yep I heard it too, maybe he hasn't actually signed the extension yet. But I don't think he signs it to make it harder for UT or an NFL team to get him IF he's content with going back to Baylor.

I liked the quote as it's sort of the anti-FoodCart way of doing things. Refreshing.

Reset...

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Replacement: Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC

UT: Mack Brown resigned Names: Strong ( already interviewed), Franklin, Briles (may interview today), Jimbo Fisher
UMass: fires Charley Molnar Names: who knows

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Replacement: Peterman from Boise
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacement: Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC
Penn St.: O'Brien to Texans (NFL) Names: Schiano, Golden, Franklin

If Briles goes to the Horns, who are the leading candidates for the Baylor job ****Bailer.

If Briles goes to the Horns, who are the leading candidates for the Baylor job ****Bailer.

Like a Phoenix rising from the ashes:

David%20Koresh.jpg

Ethically, I think Tressell is a lock here.

Seriously, if Briles bolts, there will be no shortage of candidates interested in this job. Brand new stadium opening in 2014. A lot of returning starters. A certain, moral flexibility, in support of athletics. Oh, and **** Bailer.

As excited as the "no dancing on Campus" Baylor people are they would never consider Tressell and his show cause penalty. I don't think they have to worry anyway, I think UT wants Jimbo Fisher. If what most are reporting is true his freshly signed extension does nothing to stop him from leaving that was not already in place. I think UT is just flexing to show Baylor they are still just a little B**** by getting Briles to interview. Briles is 58 have to think they are looking longer term then that.

As excited as the "no dancing on Campus" Baylor people are they would never consider Tressell and his show cause penalty. I don't think they have to worry anyway, I think UT wants Jimbo Fisher. If what most are reporting is true his freshly signed extension does nothing to stop him from leaving that was not already in place. I think UT is just flexing to show Baylor they are still just a little B**** by getting Briles to interview. Briles is 58 have to think they are looking longer term then that.

I thought I had heard Jimbo's buyout on his new deal is $0.00. If that is true, all UT has to do is show him the $$$$$$$$.

Back