What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

A lot of the big media has been saying not yet on the Strong hire, SI is the first to confirm it's good to go.
[tweet]419330280294330368[/tweet]

I doubt Texas will hire someone with no head coaching appearance and UT ties. Yes, I know the Texas HS ties, but if they were going to hire a first-time HC, it would be from within OR in the NFL.

Was referring to Morris taking the Baylor vacancy if there was one, looks like there won't be unless Briles thinks the NFL is a good idea though.

Can definitely see Morris being contacted about Louisville now.

Not to be an a hole but it told you so. Anyone who thinks this isn't a good hire is dumb. Granted I'm a gators fan but Florida completely imploded after he left.

Not to be an a hole but it told you so. Anyone who thinks this isn't a good hire is dumb. Granted I'm a gators fan but Florida completely imploded after he left.

All those people arguing with you saying that Strong would never go to Texas, and all those that said he's a crappy coach must feel stupid now!

I think Charlie Strong is a good hire, but I think his value would be higher somewhere that his recruiting prowess would be more valuable. I think at Texas, you are more of a talent evaluator and decide who you will take or not take. At Louisville, you got to go work Florida and that was Strong's strength.

But a solid hire. Will see how he handles the PR side of rubbing elbows with oilmen and all the LHN obligations.

Texas is better with a solid football guy over a PR guy and I think the sooner they recognize that the better for them. Strong is probably that.
Plus it may allow him to pull a few key guys each year from Florida which doesn't hurt. You got to own Texas but also pull a special player or two nationally to win BCS championships.

Reset...

Florida Atlantic: Pelini resigned Replacement: Charlie Partridge
USC: Kiffin Fired Replacement: Steve Sarkisian
UConn: Paul Pasqualoni fired Replacement: Bob Diaco, former ND DC
Miami (oh): Don Treadwell fired Replacement: the ND OC, forget his name (Chuck Martin?)
Wyoming: Dave Christensen fired Replacement: Craig Bohl from NDSU
Wake Forest: Jim Grobe retires, Replacement: Dave Clawson former Bowling Green HC
Army: Rich Ellerson fired Replacement: Jeff Monken, Ga. St. Fmr. HC

UT: Mack Brown resigned Replacement: Charlie Strong
UMass: fires Charley Molnar Names: who knows

Secondary market:

UW: Sark to $C Replacement: Peterman from Boise
BoiseSt.: Petey to UW, Replacement: Bryan Harsin, former Boise OC and Ark. St. HC
Bowling Green: Clawson to Wake Replacement: Dino Babers, fmr. ECU HC
Penn St.: O'Brien to Texans (NFL) Names: Schiano, Golden, Franklin
Louisville: Strong to UT

Vandy's James Franklin has interviewed with the Brownies and 'Skins. Golden has interviewed with Perv. St.

Let the Todd Graham to Louisville rumors commence....:lol:

Al Golden to Penn State

Wow. I knew he was a Penn State guy (played there and then coached there a year). But I didn't think he was ready to jump from Miami. Not sure that this hire is going to excite PSU fans. Golden might have been a hotter candidate after he'd turned Temple around than he is now with holding things together at Miami during a scandal but not looking all that great on the field.

Schiano would by my guess for Miami.

And the Golden hire is great for PSU, even if he is a miserable failure.

Schiano would by my guess for Miami.

And the Golden hire is great for PSU, even if he is a miserable failure.

Schiano would make a ton of sense for the Canes. I'd be worried that we'd see a return to the glory days if they hired him.

I think Charlie Strong is a good hire, but I think his value would be higher somewhere that his recruiting prowess would be more valuable. I think at Texas, you are more of a talent evaluator and decide who you will take or not take. At Louisville, you got to go work Florida and that was Strong's strength.

But a solid hire. Will see how he handles the PR side of rubbing elbows with oilmen and all the LHN obligations.

Texas is better with a solid football guy over a PR guy and I think the sooner they recognize that the better for them. Strong is probably that.
Plus it may allow him to pull a few key guys each year from Florida which doesn't hurt. You got to own Texas but also pull a special player or two nationally to win BCS championships.
At UF, that's still a place like Texas that recruits itself. I do agree that UT is more of a CEO job than UF.

I'm still bitter about Charlie Strong to anywhere since I wanted him at CU badly circa the November 2009 powder blue game. Was still a DC then but of course a month later Louisville got him thanks to the CU administration's prevention of Bohn pulling the trigger on Hawkins.

I'm still bitter about Charlie Strong to anywhere since I wanted him at CU badly circa the November 2009 powder blue game. Was still a DC then but of course a month later Louisville got him thanks to the CU administration's prevention of Bohn pulling the trigger on Hawkins.

Would we be looking for a new coach now, as he jumped to Texas?

Most likely, but if we had a coach that left us better off than what he found I wouldn't be too butthurt about it. If UT came calling then we would have been competing for Pac12 south titles, at a minimum, imo for that to happen. Much easier for us to attract a new coach than the dumpster fire we had when trying to find our guy last year.

Most likely, but if we had a coach that left us better off than what he found I wouldn't be too butthurt about it. If UT came calling then we would have been competing for Pac12 south titles, at a minimum, imo for that to happen. Much easier for us to attract a new coach than the dumpster fire we had when trying to find our guy last year.

Yes, regardless, we would be in a much better position. 2010 Hawkins reminded me of Ricardo Patton's lame duck year. Just no interest from the beginning and it was obvious he wouldn't be the guy to take us back to conference championships yet he was allowed to continue coaching and "recruiting." Strong would've come in and lit a fire under everyone's ass and not set us back like the 2010-12 seasons did.

Yes, regardless, we would be in a much better position. 2010 Hawkins reminded me of Ricardo Patton's lame duck year. Just no interest from the beginning and it was obvious he wouldn't be the guy to take us back to conference championships yet he was allowed to continue coaching and "recruiting." Strong would've come in and lit a fire under everyone's ass and not set us back like the 2010-12 seasons did.
They started 3-1 including beating UGA.

One of the worst decisions Bohn made was basically to throw away my Junior year of basketball at CU. I wanted him to fire Patton, really disliked what Patton did.

Back