What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 Coaching Carousel Thread

"Is Louisville really a better job than CSU? I mean we're a bowl team, we would have had a Heisman winner next year but he had too much integrity to stay in school, our current coach has won 2 national championships, and we're about to have a brand new stadium - it's one of the best jobs in the Big 12! If coach does leave we should get a long look from Cowher, he's ready to get back into coaching and he'd definitely want to coach with Joey Porter. If not him, then probably Gruden."

- Ram Fan

What's sad is that I had to read it twice to be certain it was parody.

It is hilarious reading posts from clueless fan bases.

edit: damn sink got me on that one. classic.

I think in reality it is. Higher density population centers. Better local recruits. A strong commitment to athletics. What does Arizona have?

A better conference affiliation, *probably* a higher athletics budget, fewer schools to recruit against, national TV exposure for every game. I dunno, it just seems odd to me that Louisville would be considered a better football job than Arizona. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him gone. Take Graham with you. The more turnover the better, especially in the P12 South.

It's not odd at all. Zona is not a good football job.

He can win big at Louiseville, not likely to happen at Zona.

It would also put him back into the part of the country that takes it's college football seriously. On the surface Zona looks like a better job but UL would give him a chance to build the kind of program where he could be a king. That's not happening in Tucson.

This.
Plus DickRod and wife are from nearby which could weigh more heavily.
DickRod's wife Rita is known to be money hungry and calls the shots.

It's always the risk when you go hire someone who is essentially a mercenary like Todd Graham or RichRod. No ties to the program. No tradition. No family ties.

We very much could be in this same situation in a year or two. Or not. But it's a risk we took.
Didn't DickRod's wife also not want him take the Bama job which was more money?

There was a Deadspin article about how materialistic and money driven Rita is/was.
Also was strongly rumored that DickRod impregnated a WVU cheerleader. Lots of mud on DickRod out there.

A better conference affiliation, *probably* a higher athletics budget, fewer schools to recruit against, national TV exposure for every game. I dunno, it just seems odd to me that Louisville would be considered a better football job than Arizona. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him gone. Take Graham with you. The more turnover the better, especially in the P12 South.
These are the 2012 numbers, Louisville has a higher budget than UofA.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/schools/finances/

There was a Deadspin article about how materialistic and money driven Rita is/was.
Also was strongly rumored that DickRod impregnated a WVU cheerleader. Lots of mud on DickRod out there.

Well, WVU cheerleaders are known for being earthy, I guess.

I've enjoyed the fact that some of the majors can execute as poorly as CU during this go round. I guess no one has had a former coach call them racists yet, but Texas and Ped U sure took a few swings and misses.

I thought Texas was bigger than Strong. I thought it would be a nemae like Urban Meyer, or Gruden, or Saban. I think Strong could be very good, but he is a step down from what I think they may have hoped before they screwed up and took two weeks extra to fire their coach. Of course we took 3 years too long with Hawk, so we have that record going for us!

I was surprised he couldn't parlay the success at Bama into something bigger than CSU in the first place.

Losing most of his OL, key defensive players, his best RB, etc. this may be the time to jump.

Even if he doesn't get the UL job I could see him using that position to get his name in the bucket for other jobs. There are and will be because of the secondary market some other jobs that may not be UL but are more appealling than staying in Ft. Collins. His sales pitch, "If I can get CSU into a bowl what can I do at a school with a bunch more resources." "I have the track record as a coordinator at Bama, I've proven I can be a HC, hire me, please."

Losing most of his OL, key defensive players, his best RB, etc. this may be the time to jump.

Even if he doesn't get the UL job I could see him using that position to get his name in the bucket for other jobs. There are and will be because of the secondary market some other jobs that may not be UL but are more appealling than staying in Ft. Collins. His sales pitch, "If I can get CSU into a bowl what can I do at a school with a bunch more resources." "I have the track record as a coordinator at Bama, I've proven I can be a HC, hire me, please."
There are a few places he might land. Vandy may be losing Franklin to the NFl, possible, not necessarily likely. Maybe 'Zona will be looking for a coach, or maybe Louisville will come knocking. It is a little late in the game, but I would not be a bit surprised if Sparkles jumped ship ASAP.

If Rich Rod goes to Louisville, I wonder if sparkles is on UA's short list.

Greg_Byrne: Coach Rodriguez is doing a great job w/our FB program. We talk regularly & feel good about him being our long term HC.”

I've enjoyed the fact that some of the majors can execute as poorly as CU during this go round. I guess no one has had a former coach call them racists yet, but Texas and Ped U sure took a few swings and misses.

I thought Texas was bigger than Strong. I thought it would be a nemae like Urban Meyer, or Gruden, or Saban. I think Strong could be very good, but he is a step down from what I think they may have hoped before they screwed up and took two weeks extra to fire their coach. Of course we took 3 years too long with Hawk, so we have that record going for us!
Aside from Briles, I'm not sure any of the other candidates that were mentioned are any better than Strong. I could see an argument for Mora, but I'd take Strong over Mora myself. Of course, Saban is the home run hire, but I couldn't picture him leaving Bama, especially after losing to Auburn.

Back