What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

Wazzu is on the verge of doing us a major favor by beating Washington to drop the Huskies even with us at 4 Pac losses

Wyoming whipped Utah State in Laramie, 74-57. Pokes are staying right on the edge of that Top 100 RPI we need them to have. Good win.

Poor Zoomies. Got boat raced to start the game at Nevada, cut it to 13 by half, had a 3 pt lead with about a minute to go... couldn't hold on, went to OT, and got outscored 15-2 in the extra period. Tough loss for our friends down south.

And Wazzu survives the CVille hex to hold off UDub for the win. Great results so far today in the Pac-12.

Poor Zoomies. Got boat raced to start the game at Nevada, cut it to 13 by half, had a 3 pt lead with about a minute to go... couldn't hold on, went to OT, and got outscored 15-2 in the extra period. Tough loss for our friends down south.

And Wazzu survives the CVille hex to hold off UDub for the win. Great results so far today in the Pac-12.

Just finish it off with a Cal loss. nervous about that one, especially with today going so well

Jackson State blows a double-digit 2nd half lead to fall by 3 at Miss Valley State. They're hopeless.

UCSB crushes UC Davis, 83-65 to move to 14-6. Good bet to win 20+ and I like them to win the Big West to go Dancing.

Oregon beats USC 78-66 in Eugene. Ducks now 15-6 (3-6) with a difficult road swing down in the desert next up. USC falls to 10-12 (1-8).

Arkansas State got a road win at Troy.

Harvard took Penn behind the wood shed, winning by 30.

Wazzu is on the verge of doing us a major favor by beating Washington to drop the Huskies even with us at 4 Pac losses

Probably in the minority but think Washington having a better RPI would have been more advantageous for CU, when they play in a couple games

Probably in the minority but think Washington having a better RPI would have been more advantageous for CU, when they play in a couple games

Washington fell to #84. Need them to stay in the top 100.

Washington State jumped up to #150. I doubt they'll finish top 100, but there was danger of them falling out of the top 200 if they couldn't gag out a couple more home wins.

It wasn't a bad RPI result for us and I'd say that what it did for conference standings trumps it.

Washington fell to #84. Need them to stay in the top 100.

Washington State jumped up to #150. I doubt they'll finish top 100, but there was danger of them falling out of the top 200 if they couldn't gag out a couple more home wins.

It wasn't a bad RPI result for us and I'd say that what it did for conference standings trumps it.

Exactly, didn't want to stay a game behind Washington already having lost our first meeting.

Arizona falls at Cal 60-58. Cats now 21-1 (8-1) Cal 14-7 (6-3). Not a good result as we aren't catching Zona and catching Cal getting more difficult with Cal a game ahead of CU and hosting the Buffs in our only meeting.

Nick Johnson had his worst game tonight (1 of 14 shooting) a week after having his best game versus Utah. I can't believe that Arizona only got 58 points.

Normally I'd agree, but really feel CU needs a win against a tournament caliber team. Probably a long shot to happen with Washington, especially after their loss today. Guess need to take down one of the Arizona schools.

I was really hoping cal would fall spot us a game in that 3rd position.

Just have to hope they do something stupid. This is the team that lost to USC, so certainly capable of a boneheaded loss. Either way, beat Cal and we get seeded ahead of them in the Pac if we have the same record.

Normally I'd agree, but really feel CU needs a win against a tournament caliber team. Probably a long shot to happen with Washington, especially after their loss today. Guess need to take down one of the Arizona schools.

I'm not convinced we need some huge win post-Spencer. Need a few decent wins like ASU, but I don't see Arizona as some "make or break" game for our bid. We're pretty safely in if the season ended today. It's more about avoiding the horrendous losses..like Wazzu and USC.

I'm not convinced we need some huge win post-Spencer. Need a few decent wins like ASU, but I don't see Arizona as some "make or break" game for our bid. We're pretty safely in if the season ended today. It's more about avoiding the horrendous losses..like Wazzu and USC.

I don't think Arizona is a must win game (although I do think it would be a resume punching win, most likely). But do think this team is going to be judged by how they play post Dinwiddie, in large part. So far, we have wins against the #119 and #124 RPI's in the country. Have 3 more good chances to get wins against teams with 100+ rpi's (and Utah won't be easy to say the least). Washington certainly looks very beatable. That could put CU at 9 wins, with none really impressing the committee as far as beating a Tournament Caliber team.

need to get at least 1 win against Cal, Stanford, Zona, ASU, UCLA. This Conference is probably a lot more wide open then it was before the day, with Brandon Ashley likely lost for significant time with a broken foot

I don't think Arizona is a must win game (although I do think it would be a resume punching win, most likely). But do think this team is going to be judged by how they play post Dinwiddie, in large part. So far, we have wins against the #119 and #124 RPI's in the country. Have 3 more good chances to get wins against teams with 100+ rpi's (and Utah won't be easy to say the least). Washington certainly looks very beatable. That could put CU at 9 wins, with none really impressing the committee as far as beating a Tournament Caliber team.

need to get at least 1 win against Cal, Stanford, Zona, ASU, UCLA. This Conference is probably a lot more wide open then it was before the day, with Brandon Ashley likely lost for significant time with a broken foot

We're largely in agreement, although I don't see our body of work before Spencer went down being disregarded quite to the degree some expect...Kansas doesn't now cease to be on our resume. Washington and ASU at home need to be wins, period. And we need to avoid anything stupid against Wazzu and USC. My scenario right there puts us with 20 wins, 9 conference wins, and feeling quite comfortable, IMO. Unfortunately 3 of those 4 make me nervous and are far from a given, but we're going to get our share of wins somehow, someway...just be prepared for it to prove mighty nerve racking at times.

edit: and it's a shame Utah didn't make their OOC even slightly tougher because they are better than the 117 they're currently at. I know why they did it, but I still think they can get into the top 100. Utes are going to continue being pesky and knock some teams off, just hope we aren't one of them as much as I fear we might be

Last edited:
We're largely in agreement, although I don't see our body of work before Spencer went down being disregarded quite to the degree some expect...Kansas doesn't now cease to be on our resume. Washington and ASU at home need to be wins, period. And we need to avoid anything stupid against Wazzu and USC. My scenario right there puts us with 20 wins, 9 conference wins, and feeling quite comfortable, IMO. Unfortunately 3 of those 4 make me nervous and are far from a given, but we're going to get our share of wins somehow, someway...just be prepared for it to prove mighty nerve racking at times.

I don't think CU's OOC and early Conference play will be completely disregarded. They still count. The committee will give CU the benefit of the doubt imo, as long as the Buffs can give them some reason to do so, even if we're only 8-9 post injury.

Far as going 9-9 overall tho, I'd be sh*tting bricks on selection day, especially if Arizona ends up the only Top 25 team in the Conference.

Utah is more talented their their RPI for sure. Just can't finish games.

Back