What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013-14 CU MBB SOS Watch (OOC & Pac-12 Opponents)

On Monday night, Okie Lite got a nice win over KjSU. On the minus side, Jackson State lost at home to AR Pine Bluff.

Tuesday is another slow night:

Baylor is hosting Iowa State. We're in the final 30 seconds on ESPN2 and the Bears are going to the line up 7. Great win for us.

Arkansas State hosts Georgia State at 6:30. Georgia State is the best team in the Sun Belt, so this would be an excellent win.

Arizona State is at Oregon. Either way works for us. An ASU win probably does more for our RPI, but takes 3rd in the P12 off the table. FS1, 9pm.

A bit off topic but why was there a Tuesday night P12 game? I thought we had more Wed games, but I can't recall a P12 conference game on Mon or Tues.

A bit off topic but why was there a Tuesday night P12 game? I thought we had more Wed games, but I can't recall a P12 conference game on Mon or Tues.

Maybe teams are more willing to do this the last week of the season. Only thing I can think of. Miss a lot of class if you're playing Tue-Fri.

Maybe teams are more willing to do this the last week of the season. Only thing I can think of. Miss a lot of class if you're playing Tue-Fri.

Yeah, but it was Arizona State. So it was more like "missing Trashed Tuesday, Wasted Wednesday and Thirsty Thursday if you're playing Tue-Fri".

I read where it was the first Pac-10/12 Tuesday game in 19 years.
I wonder if there was bigger issue here, like a scheduling conflict at the venue on Wed/Thur? I would think the league would try to give each team equal number (or as close to it) of Wed/Thur games as well as Sat/Sun games.

I think we want Cal, because if utah ends up with the same record as us, they'll have the TB based on their win vs UCLA).
but a win would leave utah with a 9-8 record, and cal with a 9-8 record in conf play, and utah holding that tie-breaker.

if cal wins and then we beat them, we will have the TB over them no matter because we only play once, and utah will have 1 more L.

I had hoped this year would be the year where we would be out of the "mess" that always is the middle of the p12

So do we want Utah or Cal to win?

If you think we'll win these last 2, then we control our own destiny and that game does not matter to us for conference standings. We played Utah twice, so them winning does more for our RPI.

Wednesday, 3/5, games we care about:

CU (20-9, 9-7) at Stanford (18-10, 9-7). Our RPI sits at 32. Furd's at 43. Big for RPI. Huge for standings (Buffs can still take 3rd in the Pac-12). 7pm, ESPN2.

Other games that can help us improve our #12 SOS and/or our RPI by being a team ranked near us that loses:

25 Gonzaga 24-6 0.612191 0.5410 Wcc15-3
26 Connecticut 23-6 0.610956 0.5587 Aac11-5
27 Ohio St. 22-8 0.609822 0.5765 Big109-8
up.gif
28 Oregon 21-8 0.604633 0.5704 Pac129-8
29 Louisville 24-5 0.604196 0.5358 Aac13-3
30 Memphis 21-7 0.603364 0.5571 Aac11-5

down.gif
31 Arizona St. 21-9 0.602134 0.5700 Pac1210-7
32 Colorado 20-9 0.601712 0.5819 Pac129-7
down.gif
33 Geo. Washington 21-7 0.601384 0.5460 Atl109-5
down.gif
34 St. Joseph's 21-7 0.600669 0.5545 Atl1011-3
up.gif
35 Brigham Young 20-10 0.599337 0.5696 Wcc13-5
down.gif
36 Kansas St. 20-10 0.596723 0.5754 Big1210-7
up.gif
37 Southern Miss 23-5 0.5956154 0.5017 Cusa12-3
up.gif
38 South. Methodist 23-6 0.5953120 0.5173 Aac12-4
up.gif
39 Baylor 18-10 0.59468 0.5928 Big128-9
down.gif
40 Toledo 24-5 0.5927171 0.4963 Midam13-4

Louisville at SMU. Normally I'd say Louisville since we'd like to jump them. But we don't want SMU to jump us. As long as SMU is outside the Top 25, they probably won't get a tourney seed better than CU's with their RPI 10 or more slots below. CBSSN, L'ville up 32-30 at half.

Rutgers at UConn. Let's see those Huskies take a bad loss, drop like a stone in RPI, and also get out of the Top 25. ESPNU, 2nd half underway, Rutgers down 39-43.

Georgia hosting Mississippi State. Go Dawgs! UGA is up 40-27 early in the 2nd half.

Kansas hosting Texas Tech. TTU has been dangerous lately. Not in Lawrence. Rock Chalk!

Air Force at New Mexico. Do the Zoomies have a chance? 7pm, ESPN3.

CSU hosts San Jose State. Not a game the Rams can or should lose. 7pm, no tv.

St. Joseph's at George Washington. Probably better for us if the home team wins so it's not as big of a bump. 7pm, no tv (travesty).

Wyoming at Utah State. USU is a very tough arena. Pokes are struggling without Nance. Pray. 8pm, ROOT.

Arizona at Oregon State. The more #1 RPI Zona wins, the less bad our blowout losses look. 9pm, FS1.

Utah at Cal. If Cal wins, we still control our destiny if we beat them. Utah losing hurts RPI a bit but gets them out of the race to finish ahead of us in the standings with the tiebreakers. Plus, a Cal win would give us an opportunity to grab a Top 50 RPI road win. I think we should cheer for Cal in this one since a Cal loss does less for us. 9pm, ESPNU.

correct me if I'm wrong, but we are all huge Utah fans right now cause if Utah wins against cal tonight, we are guaranteed a P12 tourney bye. Utah up 18-17 right now.

correct me if I'm wrong, but we are all huge Utah fans right now cause if Utah wins against cal tonight, we are guaranteed a P12 tourney bye. Utah up 18-17 right now.

If Utah beats Cal and then Cal beats us we'll both have 8 losses and they'll get the 4 seed over us, no?

CU needs to win both to be guaranteed a bye I think.

Assuming ASU wins this weekend, Utah wins tonight and both CU and UU lose this weekend, and ****ing Oregon in the mix now, but say they lose to UofA, so non factor.

CU 10-8
Cal 10-8
Stanford 10-8

CU 1-0 vs Stanford
CU 0-1 vs Cal

Cal & Furd split 1-1.

I think given that circumstance it falls to record vs #1 and Cal is the only one of the 3 with a win over the cats.

EDIT: Actually if the above situation plays out Cal most definitely wins the 4 seed, without the 2nd tiebreaker.

Cumulative Record against other 2.

Cal 2-1
CU 1-1
Stanford 1-2

Last edited:
Since the record against teams above you is such a big deal for tiebreakers, CU is in bad position for most of them. Going 0-4 against Arizona and UCLA pretty much ****s us in most scenarios.

If we beat Cal, though, there is only 1 game that matters to us: ASU at OSU. If the Beavs can win on senior day, Buffs would grab 3rd place alone.

Since the record against teams above you is such a big deal for tiebreakers, CU is in bad position for most of them. Going 0-4 against Arizona and UCLA pretty much ****s us in most scenarios.

If we beat Cal, though, there is only 1 game that matters to us: ASU at OSU. If the Beavs can win on senior day, Buffs would grab 3rd place alone.

Beating Cal gives us a bye regardless. As far as tourney seeding and tangible team progress, a top 4 seed is crucial.

I think, we have secured the 5th seed tonight though regardless. Is that right?

No, not yet. If Utah wins their last two games, and we lose to Cal, we'd be 6th.

Also, Washington could pass us if they win their last two games, and Cal beats us. Think we're guaranteed at least 7th, with 5th being the most likely worst case

Latest refresh on Real Time RPI has the Buffs up to the #11 SOS with a #29 RPI. Best rank of any team with 9 or more losses.

Oregon State deserves an nit bid.

I agree. They need to manage a non-losing record, though. They're in if they pull off the win tonight, of course. But this weekend against ASU is the one we really want to see. I'm not sure we want to play them in Vegas. They always force the Buffs into an ugly game.

Back