What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Official Uniform Thread.

This is to support Breast Cancer Awareness Week and the Kay Yow Cancer Fund. Cool idea, I thought.

helmet-main.png

Haha, I'm on board. I think it looks pretty cool. At least they haven't done the Jaguars thing yet. WTF is that all about and how/why are they still doing it?

I assume this Oregon scheme isn't in the pink theme that's happening this month. My assumption is based on the fact my monitor is not showing it as pink, more like a magenta or something.
eheverar.jpg
udysyby3.jpg
e8ymubes.jpg
ave7aqyd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I assume this Oregon scheme isn't in the pink theme that's happening this month. My assumption is based on the fact my monitor is not showing it as pink, more like a magenta or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]

25 of these helmets will be auctioned off over the next month and 100% of those proceeds will be going to charity. While this is taking the pink for breast cancer to a whole new level, I don't mind it as long as this is a once a year deal.

25 of these helmets will be auctioned off over the next month and 100% of those proceeds will be going to charity. While this is taking the pink for breast cancer to a whole new level, I don't mind it as long as this is a once a year deal.[/QUOTE]

The 'pink for a whole month' thing is dumb.

Bah - just donate $25k. Lord knows they have the money. If there's anyone in America who isn't aware of breast cancer by now, they're not going to be suddenly awakened by obnoxious Oregon helmets. It's just another example of a couple of organzations jacking each other off while telling each other that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As for the 'pink for a month' deal, it's nothing but a marketing ploy run amok. The NFL is just glad-hanging themselves while hoping that they're attracting more female fans.

On another note, UNC is wearing all black tonight. It goes very well with the powder blue. :bang:

On another note, UNC is wearing all black tonight. It goes very well with the powder blue. :bang:
those were some pretty sick unis. Sick being good. I think that is totally appropriate also with tar being black. Welcome to the tar pit. Kinda liked the footprint though with tar on the heel, should have incorporated it in the uniform some how.

Bah - just donate $25k. Lord knows they have the money. If there's anyone in America who isn't aware of breast cancer by now, they're not going to be suddenly awakened by obnoxious Oregon helmets. It's just another example of a couple of organzations jacking each other off while telling each other that they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As for the 'pink for a month' deal, it's nothing but a marketing ploy run amok. The NFL is just glad-hanging themselves while hoping that they're attracting more female fans.

I totally agree. It is out of hand and if they just donated all the money that it cost to produce all the pink apparel and equipment they would do a ton more good.

I hate to say it but we are jumping on the bandwagon. According to buffzone...

Saturday night's game has been dubbed the annual blackout game for the Buffs. CU is expected to wear all black uniforms and helmets with pink accents in honor of breast cancer awareness month. ...

black helmets with pink? Ugh!
Anyone have a pic of these monstrosities ?

Guessing (and hoping) the pink "accents" are towels, gloves, shoes, etc. Not pink on the uniform and/or helmet.

I won't lie, I'm vaguely worried that the black helmet will have the logo outline done in pink instead of gold...

The good thing is that we probably don't have the money this year for that kind of ridiculousness.

The fact that we get no uniform updates for years then finally go "big" with pink just makes me sad

My Mom had breast cancer a few years back, it was a mother****er. Glad to see CU doing this, it's a great cause. We have the colors to make some sick unis, it'll happen eventually. Come on Nike, hook us up.

My Mom had breast cancer a few years back, it was a mother****er. Glad to see CU doing this, it's a great cause. We have the colors to make some sick unis, it'll happen eventually. Come on Nike, hook us up.

My mom is a breast cancer survivor, too. I am proud to say that we will all be there on Saturday with my mom attending as a guest of the Buffs. She will be part of the human tunnel formed by breast cancer survivors through which the team will run out onto the field.

The good thing is that we probably don't have the money this year for that kind of ridiculousness.

Wouldn't matter much, CU is a test school for Nike and the two have a great relationship.

Sent from a red light

Lemme ask you this - if CU and Nike have such a great relationship, and they're willing to spot us all this ****, why are we stuck with HS looking black helmets? Why do we have no pro combat setup? I personally hate all that ****, but if the general consensus is that it can raise the school's visibility and help with recruiting, why are we so far behind?

But now we're standing around like Johnny-Come-Latelys with our thumbs up our asses on this pink thing.

Great relationship we have.

Lemme ask you this - if CU and Nike have such a great relationship, and they're willing to spot us all this ****, why are we stuck with HS looking black helmets? Why do we have no pro combat setup? I personally hate all that ****, but if the general consensus is that it can raise the school's visibility and help with recruiting, why are we so far behind?

But now we're standing around like Johnny-Come-Latelys with our thumbs up our asses on this pink thing.

Basketball team just got the Elite uniforms and Pro Combat coming for football next year. I don't know how good our relationship is with Nike now, but it was really good a decade or so ago.

Basketball team just got the Elite uniforms and Pro Combat coming for football next year. I don't know how good our relationship is with Nike now, but it was really good a decade or so ago.

I mentioned this once before, and was scoffed at by a Duck fan, but the Boulder demographic has to be one of Nike's top priorities.

1. I'm pretty certain that the shiny black finish on the helmets was Embree's choice
2. I'm guessing the pro combat has to do with two things. One, many of the schools that have gotten those uniforms are nationally relevant teams, teams like Florida, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, etc..obviously we have not been up to par with the vast majority of the schools who have worn pro combat. Two, the CU fanbase is a pretty traditionalist fanbase for uniforms and that was also probably a factor.
3. We're doing it the last week of October, what the hell is the big deal? We aren't the last school to wear pink this month, and we wore it last year against UCLA...and that game happened on September 29th so yeah, quit bitching because we waited till the end of the month this year.

Look, I'm not sure what to tell you. I have been told many, many times over the years that CU and Nike have a great relationship and that we are a test school for them. We are getting new uniforms next year anyway. It looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

If that's true on the helmets, then there's another reason to say screw Embree. It looks cheap and amateurish.

Sorry, I don't buy the 'traditionalist' argument. Our fanbase is more traditionalist than ND? Come on. And yeah, we've been down, but UNC, Washington State and freaking Army and Navy have pro combat. But we're the test school? Is everyone else a 'test school', too?

I don't care 'when' we do pink. I hate the pink, and it drives me nuts for reasons I've posted elsewhere. But yeah, we do look like Johnny-come-latelys with the pink, just like we will "when" we get our "new jerseys".

Listen - I really hate the new uni thing. I'd like everyone to stay the same. But if it does everything that everyone says it does, we're being left behind. While apparently nationally relevant programs like North Carolina and Washington State are moving forward with them.

Sorry, I don't question your sources, but I wonder if they're being fed a line of bull****.

If that's true on the helmets, then there's another reason to say screw Embree. It looks cheap and amateurish.

Sorry, I don't buy the 'traditionalist' argument. Our fanbase is more traditionalist than ND? Come on. And yeah, we've been down, but UNC, Washington State and freaking Army and Navy have pro combat. But we're the test school? Is everyone else a 'test school', too?

I don't care 'when' we do pink. I hate the pink, and it drives me nuts for reasons I've posted elsewhere. But yeah, we do look like Johnny-come-latelys with the pink, just like we will "when" we get our "new jerseys".

Listen - I really hate the new uni thing. I'd like everyone to stay the same. But if it does everything that everyone says it does, we're being left behind. While apparently nationally relevant programs like North Carolina and Washington State are moving forward with them.

Sorry, I don't question your sources, but I wonder if they're being fed a line of bull****.

Making the program not appear small-time is just too much work.... see uniforms, black and white paper media guide etc etc

Back