What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Official Uniform Thread.

If that's true on the helmets, then there's another reason to say screw Embree. It looks cheap and amateurish.

Sorry, I don't buy the 'traditionalist' argument. Our fanbase is more traditionalist than ND? Come on. And yeah, we've been down, but UNC, Washington State and freaking Army and Navy have pro combat. But we're the test school? Is everyone else a 'test school', too?

I don't care 'when' we do pink. I hate the pink, and it drives me nuts for reasons I've posted elsewhere. But yeah, we do look like Johnny-come-latelys with the pink, just like we will "when" we get our "new jerseys".

Listen - I really hate the new uni thing. I'd like everyone to stay the same. But if it does everything that everyone says it does, we're being left behind. While apparently nationally relevant programs like North Carolina and Washington State are moving forward with them.

Sorry, I don't question your sources, but I wonder if they're being fed a line of bull****.
ND has Adidas, not Nike...same with Michigan. Army and Navy is a big OOC game because of the history between those two. I don't care how bad one of the teams may be, I always watch that game. North Carolina has won at least 7 games every year since 2008, with four of those being 8 win years (before the vacating of wins obviously). Can you link WSU's pro combat uniforms? They got a uniform make over a few years ago but a Google search reveals nothing in terms of pro combat jerseys.

As for the pink, again, you do know that sponsorship events like a BCA Day are made months in advance, right? In the month of October we have been home twice, one for Oregon and the other last week against Charleston Southern which was a 'We Are Colorado' sponsored day and had to do with the flooding around the state. So way back when they scheduled the sponsors for a certain game, they were only looking at two dates to do it. Last year it was early in October, this year BCA Day is late in the month. GET OVER IT. It's not a big deal.

Also, you do remember these uniforms, right?
cu_thansen2.jpg

20110115__16dcsroa_500.jpg

And then in 2011 we went to these?
cu_prichardson.jpg

It's not like CU hasn't done anything with uniforms in 20+ years which you're acting like is what has happened...

In 2007 when we got our "modern" jerseys, they were top of the line Nike. The only other school to have the uniform that we had was... Oregon.

Remember those throwback uniforms against Wyoming? That uniform was first generation Pro-Combat. The only thing that differed from that throwback jersey and todays Pro-Combats are that we never had the "flywire"... Because that wasn't invented until 2010.

During the 2007 year, one of Hawkins biggest pitches was the new jerseys. (I.e what Oregon, Arizona St. and others do today)

In 2009 when the Uniforms starting getting trashed by Colorado faithful, Nike wanted to start doing more crazy uniforms for CU, but Hawkins didn't want to upset the fan base more so he decided to do the commemoration 1990 jersey for home games instead. Hopefully satisfying alumni.

Then Embree came in and wanted to restore old traditions (Bricks, Cold outside practices, uniforms). Which brings us to the uniforms of today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I used to be a staunch uniform traditionalist but at this point I no longer care. I say, do whatever will entice the best players to come to Boulder so we can enjoy good, winning football again.

When we added black helmets to the mix in 2011, Embree was offered the choice to have them be matte black. But, we would have been the first school to go this route and as being a traditionalist and not willing to take a chance on what was at the time new and different, he elected to go with the paint finish we have seen the past 2 plus seasons.

Mac is a traditionalist also, as evident by his comments earlier this season about helmet stickers - saying that he was against them because of the history CU has of a clean helmet (I'm paraphrasing). We are getting new uniforms next season (told to me in-person by Mac when I asked him at a Chicago alumni event over the summer) and (my guess) likely a 3rd or 4th helmet color and maybe even a different design for one of the helmet options. The current charging Ralphie logo will remain in all of our sports. Mac understands the role that a uniform re-haul has in recruiting, merchandise sales, attention, etc.

Back in 2007, it was considered pretty wild what we went with as you could even consider the shoulder pattern a precursor to what Oregon has used the past few seasons. I'm sure that if we did not go back to the permanent throwbacks, we would be on a new look by now. ASU, Cal, Oregon State, Washington State and Washington are just playing catch up to what we did 7 years ago.

Nike loves us and we have a long history with them in a variety of sports. I wouldn't be surprised to see silver as a color back in the mix, but other than that, who really knows...

Last edited:
Want matte black helmets badly. You have a bunch of cool buffalo options. Shiny black, silver, gold outline etc.

My Mom had breast cancer a few years back, it was a mother****er. Glad to see CU doing this, it's a great cause. We have the colors to make some sick unis, it'll happen eventually. Come on Nike, hook us up.
My birth Mom had breast cancer twice..died the second go around. Would like to see that the promotion for the month may focus on breast cancer for marketing, but funds go to all kinds. The Moms that have it sucks for sure, but the kids who get it, who have not got to live a life very much, that is who really bum me out. I am not sure there is one cancer to focus on with the kids though. Certainly does not get the play that breast cancer does.

Is it my imagination, or is the Buff logo smaller in black than it was in powder blue?

Why are we going gold in a black out game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have gotten bored of our uniform. none of the old ones look interesting either. I'm ready to see some new ideas.

Black on black on gold looks sick

Sent from a red light
Agreed. A couple years ago I turned Colorado into a football powerhouse in dynasty. Picked Colorado specifically because of the black on black on gold look.
Believe it or not I grew tired of winning Title after Title with UofA :rofl:

Last edited:
Texas Tech has some potentially sweet looking helmets (hard to tell from a couple of still shots - they could end up a disaster, who knows?) for the K State game. They're metallic (super shiny mirror effect red), and part of their "Lone Survivor" uniform.

That being said, I hate how Texas Tech and some other schools have adopted grey as another main color that they use. Grey on this uni is overused like black on most of their others. You're the Red Raiders for Pete's sake. Red should be your main color. Plus it would be even more satisfying to hate them.

Ftlbl-Uniform_TexasTech_Survivor_HeadToToe_Back_Full_960x720_110913_crop_exact.pngFtlbl-Uniform_TexasTech_Survivor_HeadToToe_Front_Full_960x720_110913_crop_exact.pngFtlbl-Uniform_TTLoneSurvivor_Facebook_HelmetSide2_960x720_110913_crop_north.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone remember that SNL sketch from the nineties with Rom Morrow and Mike Myers where the guys says a bunch of jokes after the conversation is already over so it's unfunny, but then he finds a time machine in the bathroom and gets to go back and have great timing? Classic

Back