What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Mack Brown really likes being around the kids. The personal relationships always meant more to him than winning. That was his biggest weakness as a coach. If he does coach again, it will be to be in the environment, not to have a great record.

This may be at least in part to what you're referring to, but he ended his conference last night less then a minute in.

I love watching him get pissy after a loss. It's wonderful. He certainly dishes it out. That said, I still like him. He's a classic and an authentic character, not some robot.

Mack Brown really likes being around the kids. The personal relationships always meant more to him than winning. That was his biggest weakness as a coach. If he does coach again, it will be to be in the environment, not to have a great record.

That's possible. No doubt he loves being loved, more so than most, I believe.

He's a good dude and a good sportsman. Several years ago the Texas Tech kicker missed a fairly easy potentially game winning FG against Texas as time expired. Brown, instead of jumping up and down and celebrating, made a beeline to the Tech kicker and put an arm around him and offered support, encouragement and consolation. I'll never forget that. To me, that's what sports is all about, giving everything you have on the field but showing genuine respect and consideration for your opponent. The competition serves to make each side stronger, not to tear one another down. Fans can talk smack, but it's different on the field.

If the Pac12 South loses Rich Rod and Todd Graham, and UA and ASU slide back into middle-of-the-road teams, would that be a good thing? I have to think CU would benefit by not having to play or recruit against top-25 teams, but having those teams be relevant top-25 players helps the strength of the conference.

If the Pac12 South loses Rich Rod and Todd Graham, and UA and ASU slide back into middle-of-the-road teams, would that be a good thing? I have to think CU would benefit by not having to play or recruit against top-25 teams, but having those teams be relevant top-25 players helps the strength of the conference.

This is quite possibly the best thing to happen. Need mora to choke up too at UCLA.

A strong conference helps our case no matter what, but it helps us a lot more once we're good. I wouldn't mind seeing some every-year opponents falter now to help us get more players. Plenty of 5.5-5.7rr Inland Empire guys the Arizona schools get after who I'd like more consideration from.

This is quite possibly the best thing to happen. Need mora to choke up too at UCLA.

This would be a MAJOR break for CU. The disruption alone coming from changing coaches is usually a major setback, even if you get a good one. I agree that this could be the best thing that could happen to CU.

Where exactly do you think a 7-1 Todd Graham is going to go?

The Arizona Board of Regents is expected to approve next week a contract extension for Arizona State football coach Todd Graham. The decision will extend Graham's contract through June 30, 2018. It will increase Graham's salary from $2.05 million to $2.3 million, effective July 1 [2013].

The decision will extend Graham's contract through June 30, 2018. It will increase Graham's salary from $2.05 million to $2.3 million, effective July 1. Thereafter, Graham's salary will increase to $2.4 million on Jan. 1, 2014, and $2.5 million on Jan. 1, 2015, and $2.6 million on Jan. 1, 2016.

On each Jan. 1 thereafter, Graham's annual salary will increase by $50,000.

Among Graham's performance incentives: He will receive 50% of his salary if the Sun Devils win the national championship and 25% if they win any major bowl game (Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Peach or Fiesta). Graham will receive $25,000 if ASU wins any "non-major" bowl game. He will receive 20% of his salary if ASU wins the Pac-12 championship.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ees-contract-extension-arizona-state/2834009/

The buyout is kind of cheap though.

Last edited:
If a school like Florida is looking at coaches, and there's Todd Graham who they would have to spend $5MM to get, or Mcelwain, who would cost $7MM, they'll gladly go after Graham.

I hear Florida is his dream school, after all.

As for RichRod, I always got the idea that the UA job was just his way of getting back into the game after the UM debacle. I would expect him to make a move someday, too. Although that may be farther off than Graham.

The open jobs (SMU, Buffalo, Troy and KU) nobody really cares too much about.

When Michigan pulls the trigger things will get interesting.

There is some chatter about RichRod to UF, though that seems like a long shot, but then again, RR recruited FL pretty hard when he was at WVU.

Dan Mullen at MSU will probably be a candidate at UF and UM, assuming Muschamp gets the boot, which may not be a certainty given the win at GA this past weekend...it is possible he can save his job.

Some are suggesting UM may hire Jeff Long, the Arky AD as Michigan's new AD and he may bring Bret Bielema with him, Bielema has not made many Arky fans happy. Then again, Butch Jones could be in play too, which puts UT in shopping mode. As always, Stoops name comes up when UF is mentioned, but I don't see that one happening. Too much money and comfort at OU for Bob to leave now.

I have a hard time believing Todd Graham will sit still very long...just a hunch.

I actually think a change would do Stoops and OU a lot of good.

Not buying Graham leaving at all.

You really think if Florida came after graham he would say no and stay at asu? I don't think a coach of his caliber could pass up an opportunity like that

Maybe, but I think people are underestimating the current situation at ASU. He can win a lot there the next couple seasons.

I think you are right that a change would be good for Stoops but that doesn't mean that Stoops thinks a change would be good.

He is a comfort zone in Norman. He also has a situation where he has to think he isn't far from contending for a NC.

Somebody would have to offer him a lot of money to get him out of OU and even then I don't think he goes, especially since OU is likely to pony up money to keep him.

It's the top job in the sec east and one of the top jobs in the nation. I feel like ASU will always play second fiddle to USC and probably UCLA.

Not disputing it is a great job, but I think Florida is going to look elsewhere anyway.

Obviously Graham's history is what everyone looks at (for good reason), but let's not just ignore the fact this is the best job he had by far. It will take a pretty special job to lure him away.

Wasn't Stoops an assistant at Florida once upon a time? I agree with Duff, I think OU should make a change. He had a great run but change needs to happen from time to time. Stoops would be a good fit at Florida I think. Maybe at even Michigan?

Wasn't Stoops an assistant at Florida once upon a time? I agree with Duff, I think OU should make a change. He had a great run but change needs to happen from time to time. Stoops would be a good fit at Florida I think. Maybe at even Michigan?

DC under spurrier.

Stoops to FL is a lateral move. He already makes $5M i think. He's probably been the most successful coach over the last 15+ years. Rock solid results every year, even with the ebb and flow of players. Dude won a B12 championship playing a wide receiver as QB a few years ago. He's got a good thing going in OK...including kids in school, i think. I don't see why he would want to change.

There's only 2 ways Graham leaves ASU: a pink slip or an NFL team. Obviously for the pink slip option he'd need at least 3 seasons of underwhelming performance below expectations and for the NFL to offer he'd still need at least 2-3 more solid seasons developing and winning with his own players.

Stoops would be crazy to leave OU. Dude is institutionalized ala Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc.

My figurative money is on Mullen to UF. MissSt isn't a sustainable fixture, and Mullen would be a no brainer returning to Gainesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's only 2 ways Graham leaves ASU: a pink slip or an NFL team. Obviously for the pink slip option he'd need at least 3 seasons of underwhelming performance below expectations and for the NFL to offer he'd still need at least 2-3 more solid seasons developing and winning with his own players.
I would bet all my rep Graham leaves in less than 30 months for a traditional power P5 team.

PS - that might have meant more before I lost it all betting for the Buffs in games this year...

Stoops would be crazy to leave OU. Dude is institutionalized ala Bobby Bowden, Joe Paterno, etc.

My figurative money is on Mullen to UF. MissSt isn't a sustainable fixture, and Mullen would be a no brainer returning to Gainesville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Sparkles taking over at MSU?

I don't know how Michigan's new AD will handle Brady Hoke and his eventual successor, but after reading this very interesting article about Greg Schiano's life in between head coaching jobs I wonder if he'd be someone Michigan players would respond to and get the program rolling at a better clip than the last two hires did.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/04/nfl-greg-schiano-year-off

Also, this quote :lol:

At Rutgers, he recalls getting his team fired up for a game with Navy by saying they didn’t respect Rutgers’ mantra of chopping wood. But Schiano realizes that repeatedly decreeing “Nobody mocks the chop!” isn’t the most sustainable model.

McElwain isn't going anywhere. I'm tired of hoping other schools suck so we can be good again
Sent from my Windows Phone

Back