What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Do we add Nebraska to the list of high profile jobs that will be open at the end of this year.

If they fire Pelini they have the $$$$ to go after a big name which means that they may go after another P5 coach.

This is going to be an interesting off-season.

They may do something like that, the problem is their current standard of 8-9 wins may still be enough to get him another year, especially if he keeps from opening his mouth and saying the wrong things. Would the get a P5 coach or would they cave to the pressure to offer Scott Frost?

:lol: Trying to remember the last HC recommendation CN got right....Stoops? I guess he's due.....

Some of the hires Neinas was involved in:

Mack Brown, Texas
Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
Les Miles, Oklahoma State
Les Miles, Louisiana State
Mark Richt, Georgia
Mark Dantonio, Michigan State
Urban Meyer, Utah
Urban Meyer, Florida

Neinas was the former commissioner of the Big 8, and he was the interim commissioner of the Big 12 a few years ago when the conference was on the verge of collapse - so he is probably a good choice for Kansas.

Some of the hires Neinas was involved in:

Mack Brown, Texas
Bob Stoops, Oklahoma
Les Miles, Oklahoma State
Les Miles, Louisiana State
Mark Richt, Georgia
Mark Dantonio, Michigan State
Urban Meyer, Utah
Urban Meyer, Florida

Neinas was the former commissioner of the Big 8, and he was the interim commissioner of the Big 12 a few years ago when the conference was on the verge of collapse - so he is probably a good choice for Kansas.

So, his last successful recommendation was 9, almost 10 years ago? Meyer 2005. Times change and some people don't. Kansas should use someone else for their Headhunter.

So, his last successful recommendation was 9, almost 10 years ago? Meyer 2005. Times change and some people don't. Kansas should use someone else for their Headhunter.

The only article I could find discussing his hires was from 2008 or so, so I don't know if there have been other hires since those listed above. I would assume there have been, but I couldn't find a definitive link.

I'll believe Sparkles staying at CSU when I see him stay. His stock won't be any higher than it is right now. The CFP committee would prefer CSU (if they can take them) over Marshall I bet (CSU has wins over two P5 teams-Yes, I know we're one of them......Marshall hasn't played anyone). They aren't senior laden, but they are losing talent. Garrett Grayson is good enough to get drafted, and Ty Sambrailo will get drafted early, among others. They'll take a step back. His stock won't be higher than it is now. I doubt he gets much of a look at Michigan (similar profile to Brady Hoke), but he could get a look at Florida or an opening triggered by either of those two jobs. As far as that $7m buyout, I'll say this. It means nothing. Heard somebody mention Dan Mullen as a possibility at Florida, so let's use MSU as an example. They are getting $35m in revenue from the SEC network ALONE. Do you really think they'll bat an eye about forking over $7m for Sparkles if they want him?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/dr-sa...ion-for-each-conference-school-152409523.html

Muschamp will be allowed to coach the remaining 2 games before stepping down.

Feldman has mentioned Rich Rod as a possible replacement.

Not surprising...trouncing Georgia a couple of weeks ago staved off the inevitable temporarily, but at that point UF would have had to win out the season to have a chance for Muschamp to be back next year...

Michigan is the one that's most interesting to me.

They went the successful HC route with a non-Michigan man (Rich Rod) and never warmed to him.

Then they went with a lower-level HC having some success who was a Michigan man (Brady Hoke) and had a major failure.

Usually teams try something different with a hire. I think Michigan is going to look for an NFL coach or a current P5 coach. Other option would be a coordinator, but I think they're too proud to take a risk on a coordinator even though that's what has worked for them int he past (Lloyd Carr).

With Florida, I'm almost positive that they'll poach a HC from someone since they just went through the hot coordinator thing.

It seems Michigan will have a pretty small candidate pool. Might have to overpay significantly.

It seems Michigan will have a pretty small candidate pool. Might have to overpay significantly.

I don't know... At the end of the year, a whole bunch of nfl coaches will get popped as always. There may be some candidates in there. Plus I could see them poaching someone good from another school. I use him only for an example because he's not michigan's style, but take a Todd graham. A guy having a lot of success at a lower tier p5 school and who isn't afraid to jump at a big opportunity. There are probably a half dozen of those type coaches out there. Michigan is a big job.

I don't know... At the end of the year, a whole bunch of nfl coaches will get popped as always. There may be some candidates in there. Plus I could see them poaching someone good from another school. I use him only for an example because he's not michigan's style, but take a Todd graham. A guy having a lot of success at a lower tier p5 school and who isn't afraid to jump at a big opportunity. There are probably a half dozen of those type coaches out there. Michigan is a big job.
I think Michigan will unnecessarily limit the pool. I think plenty of coaches would kill for that job, but Michigan will shut them out due to Hoke being a miss.

FWIW, NFL people still think this is Harbaugh´s swan song in San Francisco, but ... his wife doesn´t want to leave the Bay Area.

Harbaugh would be a great hire obviously. Look at Stanford now that his recruits and coaching are gone.

I think they should hire sparkles. Lol.

Harbaugh would be a great hire obviously. Look at Stanford now that his recruits and coaching are gone.

I think they should hire sparkles. Lol.

The guy on NFLN made it sound like people should watch the Raiders.

Open jobs:

SMU
Buffalo
Troy
Kansas
Florida....

here we go.

I didn't think Hoke would last this long. But he is a certain goner.

The Rich Rod to UF rumors abound. He actually might be a decent fit there. He recruited FL pretty well at WVU. If I were a betting man, I would say there is a dark horse for the UF job and his name is Bobby Petrino.

Look who made it big time
b84f2966056b5025add35883a34ce356.jpg

Back