What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

That's my feeling - for going after someone with a huge buyout... after paying a huge buyout to fire your coach..... I would think you would want some established in the P5.

They owe Muschamp $6.3mil. I have no idea how much they will owe Muschamp's staff. They have to pay Sparkles apparently $4mm per (on top of Muschamp). Someone will have to pay CSU something (If I were CSU Id settle for $5mm or some stadium financing). Then you have to pay whomever Sparkles hires. So, $14-15 mil is a reasonable number. With all that, there HAS got to be an assistant under their noses in SEC or ACC land that could be equal to him.

[tweet]539895463583834112[/tweet]

I assume that retaining all assistants was a cost-saving measure that was a requirement McElwain had to agree to if he wanted the job.

Those 2 for sure. I over-stated with "all", but I would bet that it will be most.

Boom! Handicapped right out of the gate. Now he has an out in two years or three if they are still as bad when he says "Hey: You made me keep these guys I didn't want". :lol:

I think Florida is reaching here a little bit.

Hard to stomach these two idiots:
[video=youtube;A1wPW05gTLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wPW05gTLo[/video]
However, the idea about CSU getting a payday with a neutral-site scheduling arrangement is interesting would make the buyout more palatable to UF. Skip to the 2:30 mark.

I wouldn't kick her out of the bedroom.

Someone help me with the genesis of 'Sparkles'. I keep telling my Florida alum boss that she is getting Coach Sparkles, but not sure where it came from.

They will have some money to look around....

Wouldn't mind Lubick here at CU if we had a spot for him on offense. I could see him going back to CSU however, he was the GA there in the late 90s.

Anyone on Sparkles staff that we should be looking at?

Yeah, Dee Hart.

Has UF called a press conference to introduce their new HC yet?

This certainly has the look of a done deal but the Florida papers are not saying that thats the case. Yet.

I'm guessing this is the best thing to ever happen to CSU.

Hard not to be disappointed by McElwain's departure, but you can't do anything but congratulate him. If someone offers you a top-10 job like Florida - you take it. At the end of the day Jim did exactly what he was paid to do and is leaving behind a great situation. Throw in a $5-7 million buyout and the publicity that will come from his move to Florida and you just simply thank the man and focus on finding the right hire to keep the momentum going.

Last edited:
Reactions: aik
Hard not to be disappointed by McElwain's departure, but you can't do anything by congratulate him. If someone offers you a Top-10 job like Florida - you take it. At the end of the day Jim did exactly what he was paid to do and is leaving behind a great situation. Throw in a $5-7 million buyout and the publicity that will come from his move to Florida and you just simply thank the man and focus on finding the right hire to keep the momentum going.
like I said. remember what happened to the last MW school that lost their coach to UF? P5 bound, baby!

JUCO TE that was supposed to visit The Ewe this weekend was told by recruiter that the staff would be in contact with him at a later date, the HC is accepting the job at UF.

Sorry CSU, we don't want to pay that full buyout for Sparkles, so instead we'll invite you down to Gainesville a couple times to get your brains beat in by your former coach, do we have a deal?

This is exactly what my reaction was.

GoatNation turning bitter...

I'm excited to see what comes out... Sparkles is a scumbag. Eustachy is a scumbag. Graham was a scumbag. All had nice success, but should make for some interesting stories coming out of the Fort.

[tweet]539895463583834112[/tweet]

I assume that retaining all assistants was a cost-saving measure that was a requirement McElwain had to agree to if he wanted the job.

They going to keep the OL coach?

He has them drilled to the point that they even block the exact same guys in the game as they do in practice.

block.jpg

Back