What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

CSU isn't getting a home game vs Florida. Florida hasn't left the state for a non-conf game in like 25 years

CSU isn't getting a home game vs Florida. Florida hasn't left the state for a non-conf game in like 25 years

I would reasonably expect that CSU could make a lot more money traveling to Florida than selling out a home game in Ft. Collins against them.

[tweet]539892058488864769[/tweet] And then they lost to AFA...

Then Sparkles is gonzo...Foley is coming to collect his new prize pig. Expect a csu player meeting this p.m. and presser tomorrow at UF. Good luck to McElwain.

Then Sparkles is gonzo...Foley is coming to collect his new prize pig. Expect a csu player meeting this p.m. and presser tomorrow at UF. Good luck to McElwain.

Is this really the best they can do? Im not saying he's not a good hire. Im just not convinced that he IS a good hire.

Is this really the best they can do? Im not saying he's not a good hire. Im just not convinced that he IS a good hire.

That's my feeling - for going after someone with a huge buyout... after paying a huge buyout to fire your coach..... I would think you would want some established in the P5.

Real concerns with recruiting, iyam. He finds talent, and gets a lot out of that talent, but he's not recruited against any big boys.

Well, Foley has bad blood with Mullen supposedly, won't talk to Rich Rod, why I don't know, crapped out on Hugh Freeze, who would be better? My guess is they were able to work out a deal on the buyout and saw Sparkles as the best candidate left on the board. Who else could UF nab?

That's my feeling - for going after someone with a huge buyout... after paying a huge buyout to fire your coach..... I would think you would want some established in the P5.

And if that's where UF has to look for a new HC (stocked talent, great recruiting grounds, a down SEC East, recent national titles)... where are Michigan and Nebraska going to need to look?

I mean, if Nebraska hires Scott Frost we're talking about a resume that is much less than McElwain's was when he got hired to CSU.

I'm pretty sure there's a Freudian Emission. I get those coming out both ends whenever someone mentions Nebraska.

Which raises the question of how it got into both ends. Nevermind--I don't really want to know.

I think it's a good hire for Florida (if true). His experience at Alabama is huge

I'm not sold that mackelweenie will have issues recruiting. Has was a coordinator at bammer, after all, and if this plays out, he's in one of the top hot-beds for talent. Add that to being in the "anything goes" $ec and it's a given he'll get players into uf.

Only question mark would be who he hires as assistants, and what their capabilities and strengths are.

[tweet]539895463583834112[/tweet]

I assume that retaining all assistants was a cost-saving measure that was a requirement McElwain had to agree to if he wanted the job.

[tweet]539895463583834112[/tweet]

I assume that retaining all assistants was a cost-saving measure that was a requirement McElwain had to agree to if he wanted the job.

I thought he was only retaining the DC and DB coach?

CSU going to hire a HC with no AD. Tony Frank really screwed that one up. How about Matt Lubick for CSU?

CSU going to hire a HC with no AD. Tony Frank really screwed that one up. How about Matt Lubick for CSU?

They will have some money to look around....

Wouldn't mind Lubick here at CU if we had a spot for him on offense. I could see him going back to CSU however, he was the GA there in the late 90s.

Anyone on Sparkles staff that we should be looking at?

[MENTION=1070]dio[/MENTION]

Do they have a ST coach who can recruit?

Wait, let me make this easier. Do they have a ST coach with a pulse?

Hard to stomach these two idiots:
[video=youtube;A1wPW05gTLo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1wPW05gTLo[/video]
However, the idea about CSU getting a payday with a neutral-site scheduling arrangement is interesting would make the buyout more palatable to UF. Skip to the 2:30 mark.

Back