What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

I'm excited to see what comes out... Sparkles is a scumbag. Eustachy is a scumbag. Graham was a scumbag. All had nice success, but should make for some interesting stories coming out of the Fort.
"HC Joey Porter" floated by one monumental idiot.

Being the King of the Goats hath its privileges:

B34vq1kCcAEpE9P.jpg:large

We should just FOIA Sparkles contract to see how real the buyout is.

I'm sure what is on paper is very real.

That doesn't mean they stick to it. If somehow he doesn't get the job, or even if he get's delayed in taking the job because CSU tries to wring every $$ out of it they can they will have a fun time trying to find coaches willing to come there in the future.

They are a stepping stone job, they know it and so does everyone else. Florida will pay a nice chunk of change for the buyout and as mentioned earlier CSU will also probably get a couple of road FB games out of it at a fat price, may even get some home and home basketball and other sports scheduled.

We should just FOIA Sparkles contract to see how real the buyout is.

Or read the DP blog on this from 2 days ago :wink2:...

d. Termination by McElwain. At all times during the Term, McElwain shall have the right to terminate this Agreement, without cause, at any time upon prior written notice to the University, except that McElwain shall not, without good cause (such as would be cause for termination for breach by the University), give his notice of termination that is to take effect between July 1 and the last regular season game of the then-current CSU football season. If such notice is given during the foregoing time frame, the termination effective date shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Director, but not event later than the final game (to include any post-season bowl game) of that season.

In the event that McElwain so terminates this Agreement during the Term, because the Parties agree that the harm to the University cannot otherwise be reasonably calculated, McElwain shall pay to the University as liquidated damages, the following amounts (referred to as “Liquidated Damages”)

(i)
If such termination occurs on or before December 31, 2018, the Liquidated Damages shall be the greater of: (1) $7,500,000; or (2) an amount equal to McElwain’s total remaining Base Salary (as set forth in Section 4.a. herein and as of the date of termination) for all years and months remaining from the termination date until the Contract Ending Date (as defined in Section 1 herein); or

(ii)
If such termination occurs after December 31, 2018, the Liquidated Damages shall be an amount equal to McElwain’s total remaining Base Salary (as set forth in Section 4.a. herein and as of the date of termination) for all years and months remaining from the termination date until the Contract Ending Date (as defined in Section 1 herein);

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...m-mcelwains-initial-7-5-million-buyout/32688/

If he's smart after the season he had and his injury issues in the past he goes pro.

Absolutely. If that window is open right now, get paid. I'd say the same thing if Hart was at CU, considering what he's been through.

Also don't know what it will take for Ferentz to get fired, it's not that he's doing bad, but things have gotten stagnant there and having a career record of 7-9 against ISU just isn't very good.

They going to keep the OL coach?

He has them drilled to the point that they even block the exact same guys in the game as they do in practice.

block.jpg

I will always love this picture. Not because of the two UF OLmen blocking eachother, which is great on it's own. But because of that GSU player who seems to have been shot dead at the one yard line.

What could have possibly happened to him? There is no one near him. That is the funniest thing about the picture to me. Classic! :lol:

From this Youtube video, he tripped, and fell down momentarily, and then got right back up. But it is a classic moment in time.

[video=youtube_share;CYdd35cb6H8]http://youtu.be/CYdd35cb6H8[/video]

You don't let Florida peeps stay the night at your house if you aren't taking the job
Sent from my Windows Phone

Or read the DP blog on this from 2 days ago :wink2:...

d. Termination by McElwain. At all times during the Term, McElwain shall have the right to terminate this Agreement, without cause, at any time upon prior written notice to the University, except that McElwain shall not, without good cause (such as would be cause for termination for breach by the University), give his notice of termination that is to take effect between July 1 and the last regular season game of the then-current CSU football season. If such notice is given during the foregoing time frame, the termination effective date shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Director, but not event later than the final game (to include any post-season bowl game) of that season.

In the event that McElwain so terminates this Agreement during the Term, because the Parties agree that the harm to the University cannot otherwise be reasonably calculated, McElwain shall pay to the University as liquidated damages, the following amounts (referred to as “Liquidated Damages”)

(i)
If such termination occurs on or before December 31, 2018, the Liquidated Damages shall be the greater of: (1) $7,500,000; or (2) an amount equal to McElwain’s total remaining Base Salary (as set forth in Section 4.a. herein and as of the date of termination) for all years and months remaining from the termination date until the Contract Ending Date (as defined in Section 1 herein); or

(ii)
If such termination occurs after December 31, 2018, the Liquidated Damages shall be an amount equal to McElwain’s total remaining Base Salary (as set forth in Section 4.a. herein and as of the date of termination) for all years and months remaining from the termination date until the Contract Ending Date (as defined in Section 1 herein);

http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...m-mcelwains-initial-7-5-million-buyout/32688/

Yes you also must keep reading and see a negotiated settlement can be reached. A lawyer gets ahold of that and CSU is taking half in mediation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back