What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ach-never-punts-always-onside-kicks/17213961/

Kelley inherited a struggling program in 2003, and after studying the statistics of every college football game over three seasons — those kinds of stats weren’t available for high school games — he concluded that his team should adopt an aggressive philosophy in which the offense almost always goes for it on fourth down, no matter what the field position.

In the past 11 years, Kelley is 124-22 and has won three state titles at a school that had reached the state semifinals just twice in the previous 40 seasons.

Kelley concluded that if you punt deep in your own territory (and the belief that most high school teams only pick up 30 yards or so of field position after punting), the other team is very likely to score anyway. So why not go for it on fourth down, no matter the field position?

Kelley said his team recovers about 20 percent of its onside kicks, and there is other value in that play. “Teams spend a lot more practice time working to defend the onside kick when they play us, and that means they spend less time working on our offense and defense,” he said.

footballscoop.com:

Hawaii:
The Honolulu Star Advertiser is reporting that athletic director Ben Jay will resign later today and also that Norm Chow will return for a fourth season.

footballscoop.com:

Hawaii:
The Honolulu Star Advertiser is reporting that athletic director Ben Jay will resign later today and also that Norm Chow will return for a fourth season.

That would be a tough job. I don't think I would touch it. Of course my resume isn't really what they would be looking for anyways. :lol:

footballscoop.com:

Hawaii:

Strictly for Colorado's benefit, I would have like to see Norm Chow gone next season. He isn't tearing it up by any means, but Hawaii wasn't a complete mess this year.

Strictly for Colorado's benefit, I would have like to see Norm Chow gone next season. He isn't tearing it up by any means, but Hawaii wasn't a complete mess this year.
That's what I thought. I would rather them have a new coaching staff then AD at this point for game one next year.

Chow will have USC QB transfer Max Wittek to work with as well. It'll be interesting to see who the starting QB is day one for the Rainbow Warriors.

Chow will have USC QB transfer Max Wittek to work with as well. It'll be interesting to see who the starting QB is day one for the Rainbow Warriors.

From what I remember Wittek wasn't all that good. When Barkley went down, Wittek was flat awful at SC.

From what I remember Wittek wasn't all that good. When Barkley went down, Wittek was flat awful at SC.

"flat awful at USC" is still very likely to be a significant upgrade over the QB play Hawaii got in 2014.

[tweet]542431289702236160[/tweet]

He may not be interested enough to take the job, but Michigan should pull out all the stops to get Cutcliffe. He's such a good coach and he fits the Michigan profile of running a clean program.

He may not be interested enough to take the job, but Michigan should pull out all the stops to get Cutcliffe. He's such a good coach and he fits the Michigan profile of running a clean program.
Cutcliffe would be a home run hire for Michigan in my eyes. If he could bring in some dynamic recruiters, the ceiling is the limit with that guy.

Cutcliffe is a great coach, but it is a little hard for me to imagine he was at the top of UM's list. Sounds like they are having to look at options "D" and "E" at this point.

What if the ceiling in my 95 miata has a moonroof? I can open that sucker and chuck my beer cans out of it

Then your ceiling is a 1 foot slab of reinforced concrete (probably a waffle slab) at the local county clink.

Looking like there are serious legs to the Pelini-to-Youngstown-State chatter.

Back