What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Coaching Carousel

Butch Jones is in a good place. UM is tempting, but UT is just as big of a stadium, and UT is a lot closer to a return to the top 20 than UM. While this probably wasn't true 10 years ago, I would say UT and UM are basically on the same level. He has been recruiting well, and now his roster is heavy with "his" players. If he can leverage that into a raise to boot, good move for him.

Per footballscoop.com

Tennessee: Jimmy Hyams’ reports that Butch Jones, despite Michigan’s overtures, will sign an extension in the coming days with Tennessee. Per our sources, Michigan requested approval to have formal discussions with Butch. Sources tell us Butch thanked them for their interest but is very happy at Tennessee. We understand that in addition to a raise and extension for Butch that his assistants will be receiving additional compensation as well.

Other compensation, as in, they get their own food carts.

That actually surprises me a little. I figured he'd jump at the chance to get into the B1G.

His old boss is having some issues of his own in South Bend. Maybe Jones figured he has it pretty good in Knoxville.

Brewster comparison seems about right for Beaty. Known as a great recruiter in Texas.

My concern is where Kevin Sumlin will look to replace his WR coach. Can we give Baer's multi-year contract to Walters? Yesterday?

I like this hire for KU, and I thought Beaty would be their guy. He's a heck of a Texas recruiter, and he's got ties to KU's glory years under the fat man. Not only that, but they were gonna get anybody of note-KU is one of the five worst P5 jobs right now.

Reset.

SMU-Jones out, Morris in.
KU- Fat Charlie out, A&M WR coach David Beaty in, keeps Bowen as DC
NU- Pelini out, NU dials up the Mike Riley surprise, may bring in Frost as OC and Kevin Steele too. The band is getting back together, sort of....
Buffalo- hired a DIII guy
Tulsa- Blankenship out, apparently a lot of interest
UNLV- Hauck out, Bishop Gorman HC Sanchez appears to be the man...but, Houston Nutt,Jim Fassel, Ed Orgeron and June Jones have all interviewed as well.
UF- Muschamp out and reportedly headed to Auburn as DC, Sparkles is the new head gator.
Michigan- Hoke out, Butch Jones says no thanks, talks continue with Harbaugh who won't talk seriously until NFL season is over, and other NFL'ers are being contacted, Steve Addazio BC HC, Greg Schiano and Kyle Whittingham from Da Yoots are on the list too. It looks like Miles may still be in the mix but not likely. Gary Pinkel is a dark horse, again, not likely.

Secondary market-

CSU- first program to be poached, Orgeron, Matt Lubick, some guy from Ault or another willing to sign monstrous buyout laden contract are interested.
Oregon State- Mike Riley off to greener cornfields, Pitt HC Paul Chryst, BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall, Utah State's Matt Wells are early names

Last edited:
How many schools are looking for an ad?

Oregon st maybe

Michigan

KU?

Csu

This seems to be a bigger deal for some of these programs. Michigan won't return to the top until their ad gets their **** together.

He looks so excited. Nice job, Florida photoshop people. You really captured his WTF face perfectly.

[tweet]541429819691380736[/tweet]

He looks so excited. Nice job, Florida photoshop people. You really captured his WTF face perfectly.

[tweet]541429819691380736[/tweet]

Have they figured out that he looks exactly like that dude with 20 kids yet?

Riley brought Cavanaugh with him to Nebraska. That's another blow to the Beavs. Cav is a hell of an OL coach. I wonder what this means for Barney Cotton. I thought the guy was a fixture in Lincoln.

Tony Levine fired as HC at Houston. http://footballscoop.com/news/tony-levine-will-return-houston-2/

[tweet]541664238062686208[/tweet]

Houston has some assistants on staff that CU should look at. Levine himself would be a very good ST Coordinator who also coaches TEs.

Wow! That means Tony Levine, Travis Bush, Jamie Christian, and David Gibbs could all be available. I hope they're at the AFCA convention with resume in hand.

Kind of a shocker since they just completed a 7-5 year but following Sumlin and Briles the expectation was likely higher plus I am guessing with the recent playoff snub of Big 12 teams that the conference may consider expansion and Cougar High wants to get their program to the level TCU was as a midmajor to boost their profile for an invite.

Levine would be great. Texas recruiting ties, especially Houston.

I thought Jeffcoat had TX on lock down?

Levine would be a great hire. I agree with a lot of posters, I am starting to think we don't see any movement on the staff this off-season.

I thought Jeffcoat had TX on lock down?

Levine would be a great hire. I agree with a lot of posters, I am starting to think we don't see any movement on the staff this off-season.

If we don't, then the pressure for seven wins is that much higher.

Tony Levine getting canned is something of a surprise to me. He stumbled out of the gate in his first year (5-7) but had two winning seasons with bowl appearances. Hell, we'd name a street after him here if somebody could just show us a winning season.

Tony Levine getting canned is something of a surprise to me. He stumbled out of the gate in his first year (5-7) but had two winning seasons with bowl appearances. Hell, we'd name a street after him here if somebody could just show us a winning season.
Also a bit odd since they extended his contract about 9 months ago. He's gone through 4 offensive coordinators in 3 years. Ouch. I think the biggest issue is that UH rolled out their new $120M stadium this year, and they were hoping for more on the field. I'm assuming that means that their AD has someone lined up. It will be interesting to see who that is.

Also a bit odd since they extended his contract about 9 months ago. He's gone through 4 offensive coordinators in 3 years. Ouch. I think the biggest issue is that UH rolled out their new $120M stadium this year, and they were hoping for more on the field. I'm assuming that means that their AD has someone lined up. It will be interesting to see who that is.
Mike Leach

Bo Pelini is in a situation where Nebraska is paying him $3 million a year for the next 2 years. He's required to look for a job and whatever job he takes will have the salary offset the Nub money. Basically, if he doesn't find a job that pays over $3 million then he's working for free.

Speculation has surfaced that he might take the open Youngstown State job. Bo is from there, so it might be a good stop if he's not really making any money from whatever job he takes.

Footballscoop speculated a bit on this (they sound like they think it's somewhat unlikely, but wouldn't rule it out): http://footballscoop.com/news/update-youngstown-state-bo-pelini/

Reset.

SMU-Jones out, Morris in.
KU- Fat Charlie out, A&M WR coach David Beaty in, keeps Bowen as DC
NU- Pelini out, NU dials up the Mike Riley surprise, may bring in Frost as OC and Kevin Steele too. The band is getting back together, sort of....
Buffalo- hired a DIII guy
Tulsa- Blankenship out, apparently a lot of interest
UNLV- Hauck out, Bishop Gorman HC Sanchez appears to be the man...but, Houston Nutt,Jim Fassel, Ed Orgeron and June Jones have all interviewed as well.
UF- Muschamp out and reportedly headed to Auburn as DC, Sparkles is the new head gator.
Michigan- Hoke out, Butch Jones says no thanks, talks continue with Harbaugh who won't talk seriously until NFL season is over, and other NFL'ers are being contacted, Steve Addazio BC HC, Greg Schiano and Kyle Whittingham from Da Yoots are on the list too. It looks like Miles may still be in the mix but not likely. Gary Pinkel is a dark horse, again, not likely.

Secondary market-

CSU- first program to be poached, Orgeron, Matt Lubick, some guy from Ault or another willing to sign monstrous buyout laden contract are interested.
Oregon State- Mike Riley off to greener cornfields, Pitt HC Paul Chryst, BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall, Utah State's Matt Wells are early names

Not that many of us knew who Lance Leipold was before the hire, but he went 106-6 at UW Whitewater before being hired at Buffalo. That's insane.

Bo Pelini is in a situation where Nebraska is paying him $3 million a year for the next 2 years. He's required to look for a job and whatever job he takes will have the salary offset the Nub money. Basically, if he doesn't find a job that pays over $3 million then he's working for free.

Speculation has surfaced that he might take the open Youngstown State job. Bo is from there, so it might be a good stop if he's not really making any money from whatever job he takes.

Footballscoop speculated a bit on this (they sound like they think it's somewhat unlikely, but wouldn't rule it out): http://footballscoop.com/news/update-youngstown-state-bo-pelini/

Would like to see Bo sign a 3 year deal there for whatever they are willing to pay him, structured as $1 in year 1 and $1 in year 2....

UB is his dream job too.
UB gets to roll the dice like this. Heck, if I was the AD at a FCS/DII/III school with nothing to lose I would hire that high school coach who never punts and always does onside kickoffs. Apparently he was up 28-0 on some team before they ever even had the ball...

Need to find that article again; it was about the fact that innovation in football doesn't occur at the higher levels, but at the lower levels. Good read.

UB gets to roll the dice like this. Heck, if I was the AD at a FCS/DII/III school with nothing to lose I would hire that high school coach who never punts and always does onside kickoffs. Apparently he was up 28-0 on some team before they ever even had the ball...

Need to find that article again; it was about the fact that innovation in football doesn't occur at the higher levels, but at the lower levels. Good read.

That works great when there are at most 1 or 2 future FBS caliber players on the field. Once you face a squad of them your chance of recovering the onsides kick falls to about 1 in 5. Still, should be fun to watch. At the least he'll f'up his oppositions normal practice and preparation routine. Which might help him somewhere else.

Back