What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2016 CU News & Notes (Buff Stuff)

Jim Leavitt ‏@CoachJimLeavitt 54m54 minutes ago
Happy with the scrimmage. Played a lot of young guys on defense. I think this team has a chance this year. Kicking must be great. Go Buffs!

Interesting. Kicking must be great? Interesting.

Glad the D is on track. Lotta of fan observer concern about the O, but if JL thinks it then that puts a cork in the debate for me. I hope Kinney will help us win the battle of field position this year. He was looking promising toward end of last year. Anyone know how he is doing?

The team I saw today is terrible, with the exception of 12-15 players who are legitimate PAC 12 players. The offense is going to be poor. No way does this team win more than 2 PAC games, meaning 4-8 is the upside. Even worse, without Tupou, Kafovalu, Carrell, Thompson, Awuzie in 2017, this team will be god awful on defense in 2017.

The sooner CU gets MacIntyre out as head coach, the better.

The team I saw today is terrible, with the exception of 12-15 players who are legitimate PAC 12 players. The offense is going to be poor. No way does this team win more than 2 PAC games, meaning 4-8 is the upside. Even worse, without Tupou, Kafovalu, Carrell, Thompson, Awuzie in 2017, this team will be god awful on defense in 2017.

Can we earmark this? It will either the smartest or worst post of the preseason.

Hope you're wrong. Devil's advocate: I wouldn't take too much from the scrimmage. This team is returning a ton of starters who almost won quite a few games last year and we have as favorable a PAC 12 home schedule as you could hope for. Can't wait for this season to start!

Anyone think there's any real chance that Sefo doesn't start against CSU?

Today's performance notwithstanding, I think there's about a 0.5% chance anyone but Sefo starts game 1, but curious if folks who have been to practices feel differently.

Anyone think there's any real chance that Sefo doesn't start against CSU?

Today's performance notwithstanding, I think there's about a 0.5% chance anyone but Sefo starts game 1, but curious if folks who have been to practices feel differently.

The only way he doesn't start is if he misses the bus.

The team I read about today is better than good, we have 12-15 players who will be legitimate PAC 12 game changers. The offense is going to be solid. This team wins minimum 4 PAC games, meaning 8-4 is not out of the question for an upside. Even more exciting, in 2017 we will get a chance to see some young talent hit the field to fill the shoes of the NFL drafted seniors on the defensive side.

The sooner CU gets MacIntyre locked in with an extension, the better.

Balance restored (you furrow-browed gloomy-doomed pessimism-fueled ba$tards).

Now I too make comments that do not hold Mac2 (especially Lindgrening) in a positive spotlight. We all do.

But you? Holy Motorola

Interesting.
Being new here, I went back and looked at your posts over time.
Interesting.
Either a bridge dweller hiding from reality
Or
Your meds are not working and you need to upgrade
Or
your anti-depressants are weak as compared to your downer negativity mindset and are influencing you in reverse
Or
It is just you and your life outlook
Or
It doesn't matter as the bell curve says it all equals out.

Okay then have a great day and be fearful of the lamp cord

Last edited:
Update on Winfree?
I guess he caught a ball wrong the day before and he was hurting a little bit, so he didn't scrimmage. Nothing to worry about at all and will be back out there ready to go tomorrow. The offense was super vanilla and from what I heard didn't even cater to our strengths. We've been moving the ball well in practice going full speed and opening up the routes a lot more. I would take from this as much as I would take from the opening depth chart which is very little.

Now I too make comments that do not hold Mac2 (especially Lindgrening) in a positive spotlight. We all do.

But you? Holy Motorola

Interesting.
Being new here, I went back and looked at your posts over time.
Interesting.
Either a bridge dweller hiding from reality
Or
Your meds are not working and you need to upgrade
Or
your anti-depressants are weak as compared to your downer negativity mindset and are influencing you in reverse
Or
It is just you and your life outlook
Or
It doesn't matter as the bell curve says it all equals out.

Okay then have a great day and be fearful of the lamp cord
Be might just be a dick.

I guess he caught a ball wrong the day before and he was hurting a little bit, so he didn't scrimmage. Nothing to worry about at all and will be back out there ready to go tomorrow. The offense was super vanilla and from what I heard didn't even cater to our strengths. We've been moving the ball well in practice going full speed and opening up the routes a lot more. I would take from this as much as I would take from the opening depth chart which is very little.
Figured as much. MacIntyre wasn't going to show anything in an open scrimmage.

Hope your friends are right. I trust their opinions.

I remember previous years scrimmages when we had many of the same comments. The one about keeping it super vanilla as to not give anything away has always been one of my favorites.

I didn't go, so I'm not going to comment. Just go beat the Hell out of CSU.

I remember previous years scrimmages when we had many of the same comments. The one about keeping it super vanilla as to not give anything away has always been one of my favorites.

Mac has been paranoid about doing anything in scrimmages ever since Graham sent spies up here. It is pretty much just what he does now during open practices.

Agree with the second part. Beat the hell out of state.

My favorite is when we claim to hold back on offense during the first couple REGULAR SEASON games so we have tricks up our sleeves when we hit the conference schedule. We are an enigma.

My favorite is when we claim to hold back on offense during the first couple REGULAR SEASON games so we have tricks up our sleeves when we hit the conference schedule. We are an enigma.
An enigma wrapped in a paradox.

Lot of assumptions being made off one scrimmage with several players out.

Also can clearly tell who the negative posters are because they're giving far worse reports than I've seen elsewhere.
Too True! Lotsa Debbie Downer comments. I've been going to practice and scrimmages for years and even during Mac's tenure scrimmages were boring and told little about the team.

Summary

D

Good D line. Worry about depth to chase P12 QBs.
Absence of edge rushers could hurt.
LBs active. 31 good. 32 will be exposed like last year.
DBs play too loose for me. I thought they would play more press coverage.
Ss can run. Played good run support.
Leavitt big voice, active coach.

O

Looked like last year, overall.
Played faster though. 2 signals from sideline. 12 sec per play
Chiv on sideline. Lindgren in box.
No motion. 4 WR sets. Trips mostly.
No missed snaps on first unit
RBs are just OK. Not much speed. Lindsey can't get to corner.
OL line is better, not great. Will struggle against good D lines. Pass blocking pretty good. Drive blocking not so good, but they played against three stout DLs on D 1s
WRs are better as a unit. Nobody stood out. It's a possession receiver O even at X and Y.
A few long balls as verticles. Nothing really down the middle or in the seams. Mostly 7 yard outs and inside hooks to TE.
Montez threw three good long balls as QB2
Sefo is good kid, but same. Mechanics are still flawed. Numerous, numerous mistakes on throws Underthrow to wrong shoulder on INT. 3/5 from 10 slant, low and inside, receiver had to go to ground to catch it. Proper lead is a score. Ball to wide open Lindsey led him OOB. Ball down the middle thrown behind receiver for PD. . At best, rusty. He's MM's guy but he is not he answer.
Gerkhe ran 2s and3s when Montez went down.
Got sloppy at end especially with 2s and 3s.

ST

No punts.
Good FGs.

Other

Not many penalties.
Not much energy.
Nobody flying around.

4-5 wins. 6 if P12 down.
Oh boy! Look who jumped over from the "Land of the Living Dead"! Mr. SEC hizzelf!
He always manages to over value his own opinion, particularly about situational scrimmages and their intended purposes. Anybody who takes his report without a huge grain of salt, isn't paying attention.

Thanks for the reports from everyone. Always good to get different takes, even though its probably tough to get much out of this scrimmage.

Some will always find the negative and some will always find the positive. Seems to be a few consistent names we are getting from practice reports and the scrimmage. Ultimately, we need the oline and QB position to be at least average for this team to get bowl eligible. Still like the makings of this D, from the sound of it. If they can find a pass rush, got to think this can be a top half defense in the Pac 12 this year.

Figured as much. MacIntyre wasn't going to show anything in an open scrimmage.

Hope your friends are right. I trust their opinions.
Thanks. Yea just what they've told me. Excited for the year and think it's the best team we've had as of late and it's not even close. But that was said last year. Just looking forward to seeing everything full throttle.

Clearly, this isn't a finished product. But, maybe we will be better this year... maybe even a lot better... Sure, it is easy to predict 4-8. That's what folks do when you've been down as long as we have been down. But, teams do rise. This team could rise. It could happen now. Stranger things have happened.

Oh boy! Look who jumped over from the "Land of the Living Dead"! Mr. SEC hizzelf!
He always manages to over value his own opinion, particularly about situational scrimmages and their intended purposes. Anybody who takes his report without a huge grain of salt, isn't paying attention.

Lost me at "Lindgren in the box" HCMM specifically said in his practice report on Friday that wouldn't be the case. Said for now he wanted both guys on the field so they could talk to their respective position groups.

Back