What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Buffs Football hype thread

I think JL is a good football coach and a top notch DC. You have to wonder if he stayed at CU, leveraging the Oregon offer for a raise, could he have been retained by Mel Tucker? Finishing out your career as a DC in a town you like isn’t a bad thing. Nick Aliotta did it at Oregon. Fun to speculate, and maybe he regrets the choices. Or maybe he’d rather be retired than only an assistant. Hard to know. I think it’s really unlikely he ever gets a P5 gig at this point.
That was probably his path. If his coaching would have been enough of a difference that it resulted in 1 additional win the past 2 seasons, we'd have been in bowl games, it's likely that FHCMM would have left for a new job, and JL would have been the frontrunner to be named the new HC.

Hard to fault him, though, when someone offers to double your salary to the top of your profession and put you on a longer-term deal. Very few people would turn that down, particularly if they didn't have an ideal relationship with their current boss.

15. Colorado Buffaloes
Although Colorado lost its top three receivers heading into 2018, the coaching staff was extremely high on Laviska Shenault Jr., who lit the Pac-12 on fire early on and finished the season with 1,011 yards. This season, the top three return, with K.D. Nixon (636 yards in 2018) also on the verge of a breakout. With a senior quarterback under center and less talent at running back, there should be a further improvement from this group in 2019.
Edit: Just noticed the date on the rankings shows 7/9/18 but refers to 2019 in the body, so assuming it's for this season.

I didn’t see the pan on top of the pan on the upper shelf of the kitchen cupboard.

It got me straight between the eyes. I dropped to the kitchen floor— the sun and the stars were so bright.

And then the vision came.

I saw a pale buffalo riding across an angry sky. It turned to me and spoke. Not in words but in fragmented images and sounds.

The Mighty Buffalo showed me the future. I saw Montez playing his way into the first round with Viska. I saw a frosh rb go over a 1000 yards. I saw an angry defense anchored up front by some big big men.

And I saw 10 wins. The Buffalo receded into the darkness. I woke up on the floor. My cocktail was beside me upright and unspilled.

And then I knew. I have foreseen the glories of the coming days.

So it is written and so it shall be done.

I didn’t see the pan on top of the pan on the upper shelf of the kitchen cupboard.

It got me straight between the eyes. I dropped to the kitchen floor— the sun and the stars were so bright.

I saw a pale buffalo riding across an angry sky. It turned to me and spoke. Not in words but in fragmented images and sounds.

The Mighty Buffalo showed me the future. I saw Montez playing his way into the first round with Viska. I saw a frosh rb go over a 1000 yards. I saw an angry defense anchored up front by some big big men.

And I saw 10 wins. The Buffalo receded into the darkness. I woke up on the floor. My cocktail was beside me upright and unspilled.

The fresh prince agrees.

Well, that’s some first class bull**** but, I suppose I’ll.... yer full of bull****.

Keep dreaming, grasshopper!

Catch first flight to Vegas.

They have Utah in the Playoff

That's actually not that far-fetched to me. Utah's schedule is a joke. They miss Stanford and Oregon, and they go to Washington and USC. I don't ever see a conference championship game loser into the Playoff.....but Alabama loses to LSU or Auburn or UGA loses to Florida..........its another conversation.

Utah is a 9-3 type team.
In any other conference where their d-line isn't miles better than everyone else's? Absolutely but in the PAC where their d-line is going to just push people around, I can see them getting to the PAC Championship with one loss. And considering all the non-cons that the PAC has with other P5's, if they win a couple of those Utah's bid gets stronger if they make it through with one loss. Their d-line is just so dominant I can't ignore it.

The thing I don't like about Utah is how their schedule sets up for its key games. Opener at BYU is a tough game to start with. They catch USC on the road on a short week. The last game before the first bye is Washington State at the end of a 5-game stretch - a week after USC so Leach gets to see how they defended the Air Raid the previous week. The last game before the second bye is going on the road to Washington at the end of a 4-week stretch. Those games have been made about as difficult as they could be based on where they fall.

In any other conference where their d-line isn't miles better than everyone else's? Absolutely but in the PAC where their d-line is going to just push people around, I can see them getting to the PAC Championship with one loss. And considering all the non-cons that the PAC has with other P5's, if they win a couple of those Utah's bid gets stronger if they make it through with one loss. Their d-line is just so dominant I can't ignore it.

But Utah does not have overwhelming talent across the roster so their margin for error is small.

They also are actually getting hyped way more than years past. Being the favorite can be a strange role to embrace.

But Utah does not have overwhelming talent across the roster so their margin for error is small.

They also are actually getting hyped way more than years past. Being the favorite can be a strange role to embrace.
Agreed with that point about talent. I just see Zack Moss wearing people down while their defense is stingy enough to win them a ton of close games.

Back