What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020-21 MBB Season

This was already noted in a women's game thread by @BeBe , but since some may have missed it there, an NCAA Council has passed a rule today that basketball transfers who arrived before this academic year are now, with a few qualifiers***, automatically eligible to play immediately this season. (**The main qualifiers to this I could see is that they must be full-time students this semester and it must be their 1st transfer.)

This doesn't help the CU men's team this season, but assume it will come into play with some of their opponents. For example, I found an article (https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/20...eroa-aaron-estrada-still-await-clearance.html) that short-handed Oregon is ready to play at least one of their transfers in their game tomorrow.

Article on the new rule - https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...tball-transfers-in-2020-21-season-per-report/

7 of the next 9 at home.

Going 1-2 to open conference play was "massive"

Should going 8-1 or at least 7-2 be the expectation?

7 of the next 9 at home.

Going 1-2 to open conference play was "massive"

Should going 8-1 or at least 7-2 be the expectation?
I'll be disappointed with anything less than 9-0.

7-2 would still make me happy. Strangely, 6-3 has a very disappointing ring to it.

I'll be disappointed with anything less than 9-0.

7-2 would still make me happy. Strangely, 6-3 has a very disappointing ring to it.
6-3 puts us on pace for a .500 finish in conference play, we'd be 7-5, but have as many home losses as road wins.

8-1 would be big maybe a shot at the league title, +2 road wins to home losses; 9-0 would be a very real chance at a regular season title.

8-1 is the classic hold serve at home, split on the road formula

6-3 puts us on pace for a .500 finish in conference play, we'd be 7-5, but have as many home losses as road wins.

8-1 would be big maybe a shot at the league title, +2 road wins to home losses; 9-0 would be a very real chance at a regular season title.

8-1 is the classic hold serve at home, split on the road formula

All true, but my guess is home court won't be as decisive this season.

Heads up for the when the douchers come out of the woodwork the next 10 days.

Someone said it would be massive?

Ziskin used massive, Darth and nik had it as a success.

1 win on this roadie is a successful trip. Let's get it tonight and play loose with house money in LA.

fwiw, kenpom has us as 1 or 2 point dogs in all three games. should win 1, but anything more than that is big time gravy.

For my money, on the road, decent opponents, all about coinflips by the computer rankings, 0-3 = bummer, disaster if not competitive; 1-2 = acceptable if not getting blown out in the 2; 2-1 = big plus; 3-0 = massive.

Compared to nik and Darth's takes I think it's just a matter of semantics separating me from them.

The Ziskin take that 1 win and 2 losses is a massive success is just depressing.

Ziskin used massive, Darth and nik had it as a success.

For my money, on the road, decent opponents, all about coinflips by the computer rankings, 0-3 = bummer, disaster if not competitive; 1-2 = acceptable if not getting blown out in the 2; 2-1 = big plus; 3-0 = massive.

Compared to nik and Darth's takes I think it's just a matter of semantics separating me from them.

The Ziskin take that 1 win and 2 losses is a massive success is just depressing.
Fair... but in the larger context of CU's place in the bball world (remember, picked 7th, not a blue blood, etc etc), it's not an untenable position. In other contexts, he is likely right. For example it is a massive success for our tourney hopes.

Fair... but in the larger context of CU's place in the bball world (remember, picked 7th, not a blue blood, etc etc), it's not an untenable position. In other contexts, he is likely right. For example it is a massive success for our tourney hopes.

One win was a successful trip, two would have been massive, 3/3 would be top 10, IMO

I feel so so so good about this team really coming together by Pac-12 tourney time. Walton will return and continue to provide 10ppg, Kee will keep progressing, Jabari stays the on the floor longer, Eli picks more moments to take his shots, Kin, Battey, and Horne continue to provide consistent offense, the whole team keeps playing excellent D, so on and so forth

Semi-related, has anyone seen stats on how home-court advantaged has statistically differed this season?

One win was a successful trip, two would have been massive, 3/3 would be top 10, IMO

I feel so so so good about this team really coming together by Pac-12 tourney time. Walton will return and continue to provide 10ppg, Kee will keep progressing, Jabari stays the on the floor longer, Eli picks more moments to take his shots, Kin, Battey, and Horne continue to provide consistent offense, the whole team keeps playing excellent D, so on and so forth

Semi-related, has anyone seen stats on how home-court advantaged has statistically differed this season?
TEam is already coming together! As for the home court stuff, not yet. A lot of people are interested in that.FYI, Kenpom has CU's historical home court as 4.9 points, #1 in the nation.

That UCLA game, if that ended up being a win, puts CU way ahead of schedule. Unfortunate that they lost, but it's not going to hurt CU. Kenpom has only two more projected losses, but 5 more aggregate losses.

Oregon tomorrow is huge.

CU has won just over 75% of conference home games since joining the PAC-12 (61 wins out of 81)
2020 7-2
2019 7-2
2018 7-2
2017 6-3
2016 8-1
2015 5-4
2014 7-2
2013 6-3
2012 8-1

A 7-2 record is just slightly over our historical average, and we’ve managed 8-1 twice. Looking for 7-2 or 8-1 is reasonable, and yes, going undefeated at home would be outstanding and unprecedented, but certainly not an impossible dream.

Back