What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I don't think this example has to do with anything to do with fans in the stands being a good or bad thing. This was one of those things that I for one worried about going into this hurricane season-I read (correct me if I'm wrong anybody who lives in Lake Charles or has family down there) that something like 90% of Calcasieu and Cameron parishes don't have power two weeks after the storm still-which means Lake Charles isn't livable RN basically. You get 200,000+ evacuees (most of which likely headed for Northern Louisiana) this unfortunately isn't a surprise.

I am sure it will be rough for awhile. My parents had no power for a little over three weeks after Michael.

30,000 COVID positive college students so far and exactly 0 hospitalizations. Better chance of getting seriously ill from the flu or getting injured driving on the way to class than from COVID for these youngsters. I maintain that it’s still better from a public health perspective to let these kids live normal lives on campus away from their older family members and largely only around other low-risk peers. Playing football in a mostly empty stadium poses the same minimal risk, and the older vendors Etc can at least choose to wear a mask to retain some of their livelihood. The gaslighting about some of the data is actually unreal and purely political. Perseveration on the “nUmBeR oF cAsEs” doesn’t matter one iota if it doesn’t translate to hospitalizations or deaths, which is what is happening with the second wave nationwide. Pretending like all these kids are somehow going to be going to the hospital and die en masse is just ridiculous. Oh, you’ll hear about the one or two that do end up tragically succumbing to this while ignoring that 300+ died from the flu this year. It’s better to get them out living a normal life, parties and all, at college than to keep them close to home near to their old, fat parents. Then at least they can get it and develop antibodies for winter break. The strategy of “never let anything get back to normal until we have a vaccine” is insane and counter-productive.

30,000 COVID positive college students so far and exactly 0 hospitalizations. Better chance of getting seriously ill from the flu or getting injured driving on the way to class than from COVID for these youngsters. I maintain that it’s still better from a public health perspective to let these kids live normal lives on campus away from their older family members and largely only around other low-risk peers. Playing football in a mostly empty stadium poses the same minimal risk, and the older vendors Etc can at least choose to wear a mask to retain some of their livelihood. The gaslighting about some of the data is actually unreal and purely political. Perseveration on the “nUmBeR oF cAsEs” doesn’t matter one iota if it doesn’t translate to hospitalizations or deaths, which is what is happening with the second wave nationwide. Pretending like all these kids are somehow going to be going to the hospital and die en masse is just ridiculous. Oh, you’ll hear about the one or two that do end up tragically succumbing to this while ignoring that 300+ died from the flu this year. It’s better to get them out living a normal life, parties and all, at college than to keep them close to home near to their old, fat parents. Then at least they can get it and develop antibodies for winter break. The strategy of “never let anything get back to normal until we have a vaccine” is insane and counter-productive.
Didn't some college football player die? Was he not hospitalized?

Rule #1 of internet forums: never read something by someone who doesn’t know where the enter key is located on their keyboard.

Conservatism is a valild viewpoint. This is about morons believing and then spreading outright lies, led by their liar in chief.

This. Huge difference between what conservatism was in 2012 and what it is now with orange man

Good post, but you won’t get far with this crowd. There are not a lot of deep thinkers here. This place is like the message board version of The View. But dumber.

SDSU had a student hospitalized....

I would also warn that we've heard this exact message multiple times the past 6 months. 'See, more cases hasn't equaled hospitalizations'. Every time after we hear some moron say that, we have spikes in hospitalizations. It just takes about 4 weeks.

And once again, a highly contagious disease isn't a personal choice. Putting thousands of butts in seats requires event staff, security staff, administration, training personnel, EMTs, production crews. So you invite them all into a little space and hope nothing bad happens. And for what? So you can get a some tiny fraction of your revenue?

It seems like every couple of months that people forget this is a highly contagious and deadly disease. We know of these super-spreader events, like the wedding in Maine that has led to 3 deaths. Hell, even Trump is on tape admitting the severity of this virus - back in February!

Oh, the hell it is. Particularly if the games are in outdoors venues. Across the country, cases are down, hospitalizations are down, deaths are down. The first wave of COVID peaked in April. The second wave peaked at a much lower level in early August. This thing is over, and people need to get back to living. Even when COVID was raging, the survival rate was very high, except for the elderly. For example, a recent UCLA/Stanford study found the risk of hospitalization for a 50 to 64 year old is 1 in 790,000 and of death is only 1 in 6,670,000.

I don't know how some of you people get through the day.

What? I’m just going off what I saw. If that’s not correct, provide a link or something.
It's just that you are so far off that it shows you have no idea what is going on in terms of the virus. It's not just you. There are lots of people that seem to think everything is ok and that we have this thing under control. The daily cases now are way higher than they were in March when everyone was freaking out.

NYC posted a link above.

It's just that you are so far off that it shows you have no idea what is going on in terms of the virus. It's not just you. There are lots of people that seem to think everything is ok and that we have this thing under control. The daily cases now are way higher than they were in March when everyone was freaking out.

NYC posted a link above.
Not downplaying, but it was nearly impossible to get a test back then. We have no idea how many folks had it in March.

Again, case numbers alone are one very small fraction of the entire story.

I will admit that I pay a lot more attention to what’s happening here in Colorado than I do elsewhere. Here, cases are down, percentage positivity is down, hospitalizations are at their lowest level since this began, and the death rate hasn’t budged in about six weeks.

SDSU had a student hospitalized....

I would also warn that we've heard this exact message multiple times the past 6 months. 'See, more cases hasn't equaled hospitalizations'. Every time after we hear some moron say that, we have spikes in hospitalizations. It just takes about 4 weeks.

And once again, a highly contagious disease isn't a personal choice. Putting thousands of butts in seats requires event staff, security staff, administration, training personnel, EMTs, production crews. So you invite them all into a little space and hope nothing bad happens. And for what? So you can get a some tiny fraction of your revenue?

It seems like every couple of months that people forget this is a highly contagious and deadly disease. We know of these super-spreader events, like the wedding in Maine that has led to 3 deaths. Hell, even Trump is on tape admitting the severity of this virus - back in February!

Well the other variable here is we have a much better idea for how to treat this than we did back in March and April too.

Again, case numbers alone are one very small fraction of the entire story.

I will admit that I pay a lot more attention to what’s happening here in Colorado than I do elsewhere. Here, cases are down, percentage positivity is down, hospitalizations are at their lowest level since this began, and the death rate hasn’t budged in about six weeks.

It's weird that you responded to my initial post of a tweet listing the number of deaths in several countries by implicitly stating that the tweet wasn't accurate when you really just pay attention to what's happening in Colorado. What motivated you to try to push back against the tweet's (accurate) numbers with your (inaccurate) numbers? It's also weird that you found the one COVID number site where it's difficult to find yesterday's numbers. I mean a google search will bring you the numbers right up front, without even having to click a link.
1599754600021.png

Back