What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Can you site this? I don't remember the BIG ever having a cut off date. Maybe a media member was hypothesizing because of the playoff?

It was Dan Patrick. Carolina posted a tweet in another thread about the CFP possibly considering the conference winner. Strange wording.

This jumbled mess of fall football is silly. Pac12 playing in spring makes much more sense, and increases the likelihood of a steady, complete season

Nothing makes much sense these days so you can't sit around and wait for what they hope would be a steady uninterrupted season. Conferences are doing what they can by starting a little late and adjusting schedules. And there's gonna be cancellations and games rescheduled along the way, we've already seen some of that.

Accommodate for the conference champion or all Big 10 schools?

What? The conference champion will be determined at the conclusion of the Big Ten season. If it so happens that the Big Ten can't have their championship game until 12/26 then I'm sure the CFP would work with them and adjust accordingly.

Even if the Big Ten only ends up playing an 8 or 9 game regular season then that's what happens. Chances are all ACC teams won't end up playing their games, same with the Big 12 and SEC.

What? The conference champion will be determined at the conclusion of the Big Ten season. If it so happens that the Big Ten can't have their championship game until 12/26 then I'm sure the CFP would work with them and adjust accordingly.

Even if the Big Ten only ends up playing an 8 or 9 game regular season then that's what happens. Chances are all ACC teams won't end up playing their games, same with the Big 12 and SEC.

Talking about the NY6 bowls. Pretty big distinction between the Big 10 champion and all Big 10 schools.

Talking about the NY6 bowls. Pretty big distinction between the Big 10 champion and all Big 10 schools.

Even if the Big Ten regular season were to end as late as Dec 19th then the rest of the conference could still play in the NY6 games. What am I missing?

This jumbled mess of fall football is silly. Pac12 playing in spring makes much more sense, and increases the likelihood of a steady, complete season

No it doesn't increase the likelihood of a "steady, complete season". A spring season would probably start in......February or March right? That's only slightly past the peak of the cold and flu season per the CDC. COVID cancellations like what we saw with UVA-VA Tech or Houston-Memphis would still undoubtedly occur in the spring. If you want to avoid COVID altogether, the only way to do it is to say no sports period during 2020-21. We know that won't happen (given the NCAA basically HAS to hold something resembling a mens basketball tournament next spring).

The only way this whole spring idea works is if the B1G doesn't move up their calendar. That allows something resembling a normal season-as well as some bowl games or the round robin type deal that was rumored a few weeks back. If the Pac 12 tries to go it alone, we've basically turned ourselves into the Mountain West. It would be an AAF/XFL type product with those types of ratings. If the B1G does go next month, I expect the Pac 12 to get it together in a hurry-especially given Newsom and California public health officials are allowing NFL games/practices to basically go off as planned from tomorrow on.

Even if the Big Ten regular season were to end as late as Dec 19th then the rest of the conference could still play in the NY6 games. What am I missing?

The CFP would work with the Big 10 to give their champion an opportunity to get in this year if they played in the fall-even if that means pushing back their dates by a week or two. Think of it this way-

A: Alabama (SEC Champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ), Clemson (ACC Champ), Georgia (SEC runner-up........MEH)
B: Alabama (SEC Champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ), Clemson (ACC Champ), Notre Dame (ACC runner-up and two years removed from being absolutely punked in the Cotton Bowl)
C: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, UCF/BYU (LOL)
D: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State

Last edited:
No it doesn't increase the likelihood of a "steady, complete season". A spring season would probably start in......February or March right? That's only slightly past the peak of the cold and flu season per the CDC. COVID cancellations like what we saw with UVA-VA Tech or Houston-Memphis would still undoubtedly occur in the spring. If you want to avoid COVID altogether, the only way to do it is to say no sports period during 2020-21. We know that won't happen (given the NCAA basically HAS to hold something resembling a mens basketball tournament next spring).

The only way this whole spring idea works is if the B1G doesn't move up their calendar. That allows something resembling a normal season-as well as some bowl games or the round robin type deal that was rumored a few weeks back. If the Pac 12 tries to go it alone, we've basically turned ourselves into the Mountain West. It would be an AAF/XFL type product with those types of ratings. If the B1G does go next month, I expect the Pac 12 to get it together in a hurry-especially given Newsom and California public health officials are allowing NFL games/practices to basically go off as planned from tomorrow on.

The CFP would work with the Big 10 to give their champion an opportunity to get in this year if they played in the fall-even if that means pushing back their dates by a week or two. Think of it this way-

A: Alabama (SEC Champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ), Clemson (ACC Champ), Georgia (SEC runner-up........MEH)
B: Alabama (SEC Champ), Oklahoma (Big 12 Champ), Clemson (ACC Champ), Notre Dame (ACC runner-up and two years removed from being absolutely punked in the Cotton Bowl)
C: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, UCF (LOL)
D: Alabama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State

Things may look quite a bit different in 4 months.... People keep telling me this virus is OVER, so imagine how OVER it will be in another 4 months!

I realize that A LOT has changed in seven years, especially in the last nine months, but when I joined this board, the overall sentiment was joy at being in the Pac and out of the XII.

I realize that A LOT has changed in seven years, especially in the last nine months, but when I joined this board, the overall sentiment was joy at being in the Pac and out of the XII.

The California alumni love it. I enjoyed the big 8 and a lot of the big 12 games because I don’t go to away games to check out the city just the games.

plus Larry Scott has screwed up so much it’s frustrating.

I’m still good with the PAC. The recent sentiment is short term jealousy of tv contracts and playing this fall.

Back