What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I’m still good with the PAC. The recent sentiment is short term jealousy of tv contracts and playing this fall.
Yeah, no one would be trashing the Pac if USC had a decent coach and they got to the playoff regularly, which they are obviously more than capable of.

Lol why would best case mean the Pac 12 starts 2 weeks later?

Wilner is continuing to use Gavin Newsom as an excuse for Larry Scott's incompetence. The only way he'll get in the way is if the Cali schools do something like push too hard for fans at their games.

The California alumni love it. I enjoyed the big 8 and a lot of the big 12 games because I don’t go to away games to check out the city just the games.

plus Larry Scott has screwed up so much it’s frustrating.

He cannot be the one negotiating this conference's new TV deals. As far as CU in this league, there's no reason why we can't be making Sun or Redbox Bowl appearances consistently here.

This is just a oneoff comment about a few BIG teams opting out and one fan suggesting to pick up CU and Utah to replace them for the season. It will obviously never happen, but if offered, would you be in favor of that, assuming the daily testing was available?

Sounds great in theory. The reality is a lot more complicated. What would be the legal ramifications with the PAC 12 if we did that? We would have to obtain a temporary release from our own conference. I don’t think anything like that has ever been done before, and to try to pull that off in a month would be impossible.

But in theory, yeah - sounds great. Who wouldn’t want to beat Nebraska again? At least we would get one guaranteed easy win.

This is just a oneoff comment about a few BIG teams opting out and one fan suggesting to pick up CU and Utah to replace them for the season. It will obviously never happen, but if offered, would you be in favor of that, assuming the daily testing was available?

Right, it won't happen and probably can't, but hell yeah I'd be in favor of that!

Absolutely. Why not have the teams who can legally practice go play with the B1G for a year if they need teams?

Sounds great in theory. The reality is a lot more complicated. What would be the legal ramifications with the PAC 12 if we did that? We would have to obtain a temporary release from our own conference. I don’t think anything like that has ever been done before, and to try to pull that off in a month would be impossible.

But in theory, yeah - sounds great. Who wouldn’t want to beat ****braska again? At least we would get one guaranteed easy win.

The one thing that could give an idea like this a ton of life would be the mutual TV partner we both have-FOX.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Why not have the teams who can legally practice go play with the B1G for a year if they need teams?

The one thing that could give an idea like this a ton of life would be the mutual TV partner we both have-FOX.
Just like Ohio State, Nebraska and Iowa crowing about joining the SEC or Big 12 for the season, it's all fantasy and will never happen.

Yes, please.

In what might be a tangentially related subject, I just heard that the National Weatern Stock Show has been cancelled.

On one hand, it seems way too early to make that determination. On the other hand, social distancing and sanitation will be completely impossible and without the crowds of people, the NWSS can’t make money.

In what might be a tangentially related subject, I just heard that the National Weatern Stock Show has been cancelled.

On one hand, it seems way too early to make that determination. On the other hand, social distancing and sanitation will be completely impossible and without the crowds of people, the NWSS can’t make money.

Thanks California!

Interesting because while I agree that it seems impossible to make it a safe event, the NWSS is like a convention of rural, conservative Colorado. If one group were going to say “no f**king way you’re taking away our event”, it would be the stock show crowd.

Interesting because while I agree that it seems impossible to make it a safe event, the NWSS is like a convention of rural, conservative Colorado. If one group were going to say “no f**king way you’re taking away our event”, it would be the stock show crowd.
It's more likely the capacity restrictions put on the facilities by the powers that be at the state level.

Not just rural Colorado. There are exhibitors from all across the US and Canada. I suspect the problem they’re dealing with right now has to do with lining up visas and such and those things typically start happening now. The process is so muddled at the moment that they had little choice but to cancel the whole thing.

Real shame. The NWSS is one of my favorite events. I don’t get to it every year, but on average I probably get there every 2-3 years.

And I have no idea what this has to do with California. @dio ?

It's more likely the capacity restrictions put on the facilities by the powers that be at the state level.
This, too. Although the stock show doesn’t go for another 4.5 months, it’s unlikely that the virus will completely run its course in that time, and the economics of the stock show dictate large crowds.

Yes to another win over Scott Frost.

University Presidents from the schools outside of California need to find a way to out leverage Scott and start alongside the B1G.

This. Get creative amongst ourselves if needbe-maybe playing people twice or adding some non-California MWC schools (think Boise, Wyoming, Utah State, and AFA-not little brother) for this year if needbe.

Playing alone in early 2021 is not an option-for two reasons. We're starting during the peak of the cold/flu season, and it would make this league look really bad.

This. Get creative amongst ourselves if needbe-maybe playing people twice or adding some non-California MWC schools (think Boise, Wyoming, Utah State, and AFA-not little brother) for this year if needbe.

Playing alone in early 2021 is not an option-for two reasons. We're starting during the peak of the cold/flu season, and it would make this league look really bad.
CU, UU AZ and All Strippers should just schedule games against each other and try to rope a few other schools in and let the rest of the P12 stay home.

CU, UU AZ and All Strippers should just schedule games against each other and try to rope a few other schools in and let the rest of the P12 stay home.

If WSU/UW can practice (I honestly have no idea what the WA public health people have said), invite them too

Back