What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I think this is a good, objective opinion supporting Pac-12. Doing what's best for health, safety and wellness should take precedence over money. (Though money and sport takes precedence for many over (others') HSW).

Edit: added (others)
I was told that University Presidents don’t lie.

Sec and ACC fans complaining that other conferences didn’t play enough conference games to get into the playoff would be so awesome. I hope it happens.

Amazing to hear that from the conferences who turn the week before Thanksgiving into a ****ing cupcake-a-palooza every normal season lol

imagine going into a game with 4 defensive lineman. That USC team that traveled to play Boston college a couple years back and lost didn’t even have 55 players available

Wilner agrees with this as well, FWIW. These are the sentiments and questions many of us were talking about yesterday.

Agree with this-but if we start on 10/24 or Halloween I think our champ would get a crack at the playoff if they played well enough. Holding a CFP is better than nothing, but I don't think you want to include 8-0 Ohio State or 7-0 Oregon in favor of the Big 12, ACC, or SEC runner up (all of which could have 2 losses) simply because they started too late.

Agree with this-but if we start on 10/24 or Halloween I think our champ would get a crack at the playoff if they played well enough. Holding a CFP is better than nothing, but I don't think you want to include 8-0 Ohio State or 7-0 Oregon in favor of the Big 12, ACC, or SEC runner up (all of which could have 2 losses) simply because they started too late.
There will probably be cancellations all over the place so I don’t think it will really matter in the end.

Well the headline is wrong lol, they don’t have the rapid testing yet that’s sort of the whole point.
But they still could have had a pending plan in place. They chose not to. They are being completely reactionary.

Also, not sure why you're such a staunch defender of the PAC in this case. It's hilarious to watch you call out Wilner, who is easily the most dialed in guy to the conference.

The other part that Thamel brought up this morning was that multiple Pac 12 teams haven't even been lifting or working out at all (as a team), so there is a bare minimum amount of time to get the players back in shape before they can safely play and some people have said 8 weeks, which definitely won't happen. 10/24 gives them 5 weeks if they start stuff this weekend or on Monday, so Wilner speculated that 11/7 might end up being the target date so they have a full 7 weeks.

If they started on 11/7, they could go 6+1 w Pac 12 CG on 12/19, which is the day before the CFP Selection. Halloween would be ideal to get to 8 games played.

But they still could have had a pending plan in place. They chose not to. They are being completely reactionary.

Also, not sure why you're such a staunch defender of the PAC in this case. It's hilarious to watch you call out Wilner, who is easily the most dialed in guy to the conference.
When did I ever call out Wilner? This is the Oregon writer who is just butt hurt because Oregon has a good team this year. He is also a huge Larry Scott critic, which is warranted because he has written some pretty awesome pieces over the last couple of years, but he also has an agenda with what he writes about him. This is also an opinion piece that doesn’t really present a lot of facts about what happened despite multiple sources saying they actually have been working on this since the testing deal was announced.

They needed daily rapid testing results to get the exemption from the two states. Wilner said last night they still need approval to practice without those tests and that is unlikely, which is why he thinks the odds of a late October start time are low and Halloween or the week after is the likely start time. Then Thamel comes out today and says there are teams that haven’t even been working out? Wtf, what was the point of the conference fighting for the 12 hour week and on field activities (CU for example has been doing walkthroughs as a team for a couple of weeks now).

The other part that Thamel brought up this morning was that multiple Pac 12 teams haven't even been lifting or working out at all (as a team), so there is a bare minimum amount of time to get the players back in shape before they can safely play and some people have said 8 weeks, which definitely won't happen. 10/24 gives them 5 weeks if they start stuff this weekend or on Monday, so Wilner speculated that 11/7 might end up being the target date so they have a full 7 weeks.

If they started on 11/7, they could go 6+1 w Pac 12 CG on 12/19, which is the day before the CFP Selection. Halloween would be ideal to get to 8 games played.
Yeah as I posted below what the **** is that about? The conference petitioned for more time than that, CU has been doing on field walkthroughs for a couple of weeks now along with workouts, and there are teams that aren’t even working out? I know USC got shut down for a couple weeks due to a covid outbreak but they resumed activities so which teams are just sitting around doing nothing? Even if the season was supposed to start in January this would still be time for them to be lifting and going through their 8 hours of off season practice time.

When did I ever call out Wilner? This is the Oregon writer who is just butt hurt because Oregon has a good team this year. He is also a huge Larry Scott critic, which is warranted because he has written some pretty awesome pieces over the last couple of years, but he also has an agenda with what he writes about him. This is also an opinion piece that doesn’t really present a lot of facts about what happened despite multiple sources saying they actually have been working on this since the testing deal was announced.
Because Wilner agrees with the Conzano story

Yeah as I posted below what the **** is that about? The conference petitioned for more time than that, CU has been doing on field walkthroughs for a couple of weeks now along with workouts, and there are teams that aren’t even working out? I know USC got shut down for a couple weeks due to a covid outbreak but they resumed activities so which teams are just sitting around doing nothing? Even if the season was supposed to start in January this would still be time for them to be lifting and going through their 8 hours of off season practice time.
Agreed, and this is another example to me of why CFB is such a cluster**** with no central governing body. Even if you want to say each conference can and should govern themselves, we are seeing that doesn't really happen anyways. I get that each state has had unique regulations come down, but how is the Pac 12 as a conference not doing everything it can to plan and prepare for every possible scenario? Football is the only reason the athletic departments can operate and is the only reason Larry Scott and his office are employed, and not ensuring that each football program was ready to go at a moment's notice is a complete failure.

Because Wilner agrees with the Conzano story

Wilner never said he agreed with him, come on. If Wilner agreed with him he would write something like that. Conzano wrote a hit piece, hence the chin music reference. Either way information will come out of the next couple weeks as I am sure Wilner is all over it already.

Agreed, and this is another example to me of why CFB is such a cluster**** with no central governing body. Even if you want to say each conference can and should govern themselves, we are seeing that doesn't really happen anyways. I get that each state has had unique regulations come down, but how is the Pac 12 as a conference not doing everything it can to plan and prepare for every possible scenario? Football is the only reason the athletic departments can operate and is the only reason Larry Scott and his office are employed, and not ensuring that each football program was ready to go at a moment's notice is a complete failure.
Yeah I have a hard time believing teams weren’t working out but we will see. These players work out year round so why would coaches just let them stop just because the season was postponed. Wasn’t usc the only one that has an outbreak and had to shut down for a couple weeks?

One thing I didn’t think of, maybe it takes more than 4 weeks of camp because the students are in class and don’t have the time for two a days and all day meeting like they do in fall camp before class starts.

There will probably be cancellations all over the place so I don’t think it will really matter in the end.

Oh we all know this is going to be like baseball-****, Houston at Baylor was agreed to last Saturday. I would think it would probably depend on the game-UVA/VT (using it as an example because it was supposed to be Saturday) will be played 12/12 imo.

What makes you think they won't have 8 full weeks of practice? Just in order to get it started ASAP? Schwartz thinks 11/14 but I think he was just going by the 8-week timeline.

I gotta think that the CA/OR schools have been getting in what they can despite the guidelines in those states. Example: You can easily lift in groups of 12 or less.

What makes you think they won't have 8 full weeks of practice? Just in order to get it started ASAP? Schwartz thinks 11/14 but I think he was just going by the 8-week timeline.
An 11/14 start would provide a full 8 week build up if they start on Monday, but only allow for a 5+1 schedule, unless they say **** it to the CFP and just do a Pac 12 only schedule that extends into January.

An 11/14 start would provide a full 8 week build up if they start on Monday, but only allow for a 5+1 schedule, unless they say **** it to the CFP and just do a Pac 12 only schedule that extends into January.
You keep saying Monday, but isn't the issue they don't have the rapid testing until early October? Or are you talking about the Schools who haven't been able to do the 12 hours a week?

You keep saying Monday, but isn't the issue they don't have the rapid testing until early October? Or are you talking about the Schools who haven't been able to do the 12 hours a week?
I have no idea if they'll start Monday, but the Presidents meet on Friday, State and local restrictions have been lifted, in theory they are free to start the season. I guess they have to get approval to start activities without the rapid testing, so maybe they won't be able to start on Monday. If they can't start until say 10/1, and are going to require 6-8 weeks of training before a game is played, that puts them at Thanksgiving and out of any CFP conversation, which maybe that's the direction they're going.

On a side note: How are these Quidel machines not distributed and on campuses yet? Why is it taking an entire month?

Back