What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

These schedule changeups wreak havoc on players' cycles. SEC playing Pro-level when it comes to protecting the optimization of cycle-timing here.

I have no idea if they'll start Monday, but the Presidents meet on Friday, State and local restrictions have been lifted, in theory they are free to start the season. I guess they have to get approval to start activities without the rapid testing, so maybe they won't be able to start on Monday. If they can't start until say 10/1, and are going to require 6-8 weeks of training before a game is played, that puts them at Thanksgiving and out of any CFP conversation, which maybe that's the direction they're going.

On a side note: How are these Quidel machines not distributed and on campuses yet? Why is it taking an entire month?
Supply chain. Electronics Supply chains are seriously impacted by availability of components. I'm on the phone all day with angry customers.

I have no idea if they'll start Monday, but the Presidents meet on Friday, State and local restrictions have been lifted, in theory they are free to start the season. I guess they have to get approval to start activities without the rapid testing, so maybe they won't be able to start on Monday. If they can't start until say 10/1, and are going to require 6-8 weeks of training before a game is played, that puts them at Thanksgiving and out of any CFP conversation, which maybe that's the direction they're going.

On a side note: How are these Quidel machines not distributed and on campuses yet? Why is it taking an entire month?
From what I remember they are having to ramp up production a ton because they signed so many deals.

imagine going into a game with 4 defensive lineman. That USC team that traveled to play Boston college a couple years back and lost didn’t even have 55 players available

What's the rationale behind making the scholarship distinction?

You keep saying Monday, but isn't the issue they don't have the rapid testing until early October? Or are you talking about the Schools who haven't been able to do the 12 hours a week?

Scheduling food for thought that might allow for a late October vs. early November start:

Split the schools into pods for the first three games (ie CU/UT/ASU/UA, USC/UCLA/Cal/Stanford, WA/WSU/OR/OSU), and all rivalry games get played on opening weekend. That negates any competitive advantage that the teams who have looser covid restrictions might have. Divisions would have to go for this year probably, but I don't think that would be a big deal.

What's the rationale behind making the scholarship distinction?
Because they probably know that throwing walk ons in there to start probably isn’t good for the health and safety of those players. Can you imagine if CU had to start two walk ons up front because of quarantine? That quarterback would be toast

6 weeks would be Halloween, "or less" would be 10/24 with the B1G

So much contradicting info based off of previous info that some Schools haven't even been able to lift. I am guessing if this is the aggressive approach they go with, then everyone has at least been able to lift and run.

Insanity.

It should be noted- the "should we have a CFB season "argument is completely separate from the "should we have fans in attendance" conversation.

An argument can be made either way for a season, but the idea of bringing in fans just seems ridiculous and unjustifiable.
There is a right way of doing all of this and this is not it. Unbelievable, but not surprising at all

So much contradicting info based off of previous info that some Schools haven't even been able to lift. I am guessing if this is the aggressive approach they go with, then everyone has at least been able to lift and run.

Can't everybody at minimum get weight room work in even with the restrictions? I mean you can do that in "cohorts" with ease.

Wilner agrees with this as well, FWIW. These are the sentiments and questions many of us were talking about yesterday.

Wait. They have rapid testing. Machines are in? Training completed? Validation done? Reporting agreed? That’s news to me.

There will probably be cancellations all over the place so I don’t think it will really matter in the end.
One, with daily testing they should not have cancellations unless there is a rapid, super spreader event, no?

One, with daily testing they should not have cancellations unless there is a rapid, super spreader event, no?
I’m not talking about the pac 12. The ACC and sec are only doing rapid testing once a week before the game and three times total

But they still could have had a pending plan in place. They chose not to. They are being completely reactionary.

Also, not sure why you're such a staunch defender of the PAC in this case. It's hilarious to watch you call out Wilner, who is easily the most dialed in guy to the conference.
Why are some people still pissy with a clear path to Buff football in a few weeks?

Did covid discontent create an addiction to negativism in some people.

Not directed at you IN. Just a real question and issue for us all to consider.

Last edited:
Back