What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Sounds like CU Boulder is in the midst of a major Covid spike. They've run out of isolation rooms and as such have sick kids living with healthy kids. Also moving kids out of Darley North to add more isolation rooms.

Doesn't seem great

I'm not reading about CU taking disciplinary action against students who are violating PHOs like I am at VT and other universities. Does anyone know if the University is suspending students who are fûcking this up?

I'm not reading about CU taking disciplinary action against students who are violating PHOs like I am at VT and other universities. Does anyone know if the University is suspending students who are fûcking this up?
They have threatened to. Some fraternities have been fined, but I don’t know of punishment directed at individuals.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

LS was just on the DP show and these are some of the highlights:

- he doesn't expect there to be a vote today and he's not gonna push for one
- said teams will need a 6 week ramp up time
- Regarding getting into the CFP, all he said is he doesn't know how many games they'll play
- he expects an official decision next week on when they will start and he has no target date for a return but somewhere in the neighborhood of Halloween. It sounded more like 11/7 was more realistic
- Daily testing kits will be shipped Monday
- the expectation is that all schools will play
- he was non-committal on whether they'd still play if all schools didn't want to play. However he is expecting a consensus

How many games do you see Tech playing this year?

Seems to me that the weekends would allow for each team to run two-a-days, and if they had a light practice on Monday, shells on Tuesday, full pads on Thursday, then they could have well over 20 practices in by mid October. This would also allow the kids to have more free time during the week for school work. Start this schedule up next weekend, and taper off the last two weeks of October, and we have everyone ready to play by Halloween.

Do you know extent of issue on FB team? I have not been keeping up with their situation.
20 cases is what I read on Sunday after getting back into civilization and finding the game this week was cancelled.

One player booted for not following protocol.

UVA coach tweeting that Tech is an embarrassment to the conference (I don't disagree, but **** him for posting that).

Last edited:
Seems to me that the weekends would allow for each team to run two-a-days, and if they had a light practice on Monday, shells on Tuesday, full pads on Thursday, then they could have well over 20 practices in by mid October. This would also allow the kids to have more free time during the week for school work. Start this schedule up next weekend, and taper off the last two weeks of October, and we have everyone ready to play by Halloween.
I’m not sure all teams are in physical condition to do this. That’s the point of several P12 HCs.

20 cases is what I read on Sunday after getting back into civilization and finding the game this week was cancelled.

One player booted for not following protocol.

UVA coach tweeting that Tech is an embarrassment to the conference (I don't disagree, but **** him for posting that).

Are you talking about Devon Hunter? He was suspended for attacking a woman

I’m not sure all teams are in physical condition to do this. That’s the point of several P12 HCs.
I don't think that holds water. How is it any different than the start of fall camp? Presumably, these guys are lifting weights and running, just like they do in the summer before they jump right into two-a-days. Now, typically, they do an NCAA mandated number of practices before they do full pads in the fall, but I don't see how they can't emulate that in some form or fashion in this model.

I don't think that holds water. How is it any different than the start of fall camp? Presumably, these guys are lifting weights and running, just like they do in the summer before they jump right into two-a-days. Now, typically, they do an NCAA mandated number of practices before they do full pads in the fall, but I don't see how they can't emulate that in some form or fashion in this model.
You realize that many teams in the P12 didn’t even have spring practice, right? These guys haven’t had contact or practices since last November.

You realize that many teams in the P12 didn’t even have spring practice, right? These guys haven’t had contact or practices since last November.
Yup. It's also not uncommon for athletes to sit out spring ball due to a surgery in January, and come back ready to go in the fall. I don't see how this is any different. I am not suggesting that they go full go from day one, I am just suggesting a schedule by which they can get a good number of practices in quickly like they would in the fall before school starts.

Cal can't lift weights. Gyms are still closed in Alameda county.

I'm sure you know this but UVA-VT has been rescheduled for December 12th
yeah.

wierdly enough though, I have, for years, added all the sports teams I follow to my google calendar. for all three college teams (VT, CU, WIsconsin) none have been updated since the original schedule. google still says Tech is playing Michigan this Saturday, CU is playing A&M and Wisconsin has Nebraska

yeah.

wierdly enough though, I have, for years, added all the sports teams I follow to my google calendar. for all three college teams (VT, CU, WIsconsin) none have been updated since the original schedule. google still says Tech is playing Michigan this Saturday, CU is playing A&M and Wisconsin has ****braska

Sounds like you need something better for tracking team schedules lol

Just happened to see this and had to wonder if you were there

Yup. It's also not uncommon for athletes to sit out spring ball due to a surgery in January, and come back ready to go in the fall. I don't see how this is any different. I am not suggesting that they go full go from day one, I am just suggesting a schedule by which they can get a good number of practices in quickly like they would in the fall before school starts.
It’s far different. When you’re out from surgery, 1) the vast majority of the team is still practicing AND 2) you’re undergoing significant physical therapy to get your injury rehabilitated enough to play. Eight weeks of camp will be necessary.

It’s far different. When you’re out from surgery, 1) the vast majority of the team is still practicing AND 2) you’re undergoing significant physical therapy to get your injury rehabilitated enough to play. Eight weeks of camp will be necessary.
That puts them at 11/14 if they start on Monday, which doesn't seem likely, and you consider game week part of "camp". Sounds like they are going to get 6-7 weeks. Not ideal, but neither is anything about 2020, especially making early decisions as a conference based on erroneous information.

Back