What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Refresh my memory, did the NCAA say players could opt out of this season, and not lose a year of eligibility?
If so, but not opting out, and choosing to play, would the colleges have protection from lawsuits since they they gave the players the option to not play?
They could not have them sign a waver, however, giving them the option to sit out without penalty, the players chose to accept the risk?
And no loss of eligibility for anyone this year with fall sports even if they play.

Refresh my memory, did the NCAA say players could opt out of this season, and not lose a year of eligibility?
If so, but not opting out, and choosing to play, would the colleges have protection from lawsuits since they they gave the players the option to not play?
They could not have them sign a waver, however, giving them the option to sit out without penalty, the players chose to accept the risk?

There is no such thing as a waiver that will disclaim negligence.

There is no such thing as a waiver that will disclaim negligence.
Agreed, my question is does the university have an out (ILO of the waiver) due to the fact the player has the full opportunity to sit out without penalty?
Therefore, it was the players choice to play, they knew the risk.

Given that we now know the vote was 11-3 to postpone the season in the Big Ten, you should treat a lot of rumors from that conference with a lot of skepticism.
It’s probably safe to assume that one of those in dissent was Nebraska. Nobody cares what they think. But if the other two are any combination of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, I’d expect a lot of back room negotiations to get a season going ASAP.

It’s probably safe to assume that one of those in dissent was ****braska. Nobody cares what they think. But if the other two are any combination of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, I’d expect a lot of back room negotiations to get a season going ASAP.

Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio State.

It makes me wonder which PAC 12 schools swing a big enough dick that they could effectively push for a season? USC? Stanford? Oregon? Washington? We sure as hell don’t carry any weight, but if three or four of those schools came out in support of a season, would the narrative change?

It makes me wonder which PAC 12 schools swing a big enough dick that they could effectively push for a season? USC? Stanford? Oregon? Washington? We sure as hell don’t carry any weight, but if three or four of those schools came out in support of a season, would the narrative change?
It might, but it sounds like USC has no interest in forcing a season.

Agreed, my question is does the university have an out (ILO of the waiver) due to the fact the player has the full opportunity to sit out without penalty?
Therefore, it was the players choice to play, they knew the risk.

It doesn't matter if someone participates in an activity willingly, signs a waiver, etc. If a pattern of negligence can be established the waiver does not provide protection.

I own and operate a business that requires people to sign both a general liability waiver and we have a supplemental Covid19 waiver that we make all our customers sign, none of that would matter if we operated in a negligent manner that could predictably put people in danger.

It doesn't matter if someone participates in an activity willingly, signs a waiver, etc. If a pattern of negligence can be established the waiver does not provide protection.

I own and operate a business that requires people to sign both a general liability waiver and we have a supplemental Covid19 waiver that we make all our customers sign, none of that would matter if we operated in a negligent manner that could predictably put people in danger.
Awesome. Thank you, thats kind what I was looking for.

Given the unknowns associated with COVID at the time, the shutdowns that occurred in March and April arguably made sense. But if you follow the data, all shutdowns throughout society should have been lifted by the end of April. The fact that they haven't been lifted in some places even today is really sad.

Personally, I don't care if the Big Ten and Pac 12 play football, but the players should have the ability to play if they want to. The level of risk associated with COVID for a young, otherwise healthy person is minimal. The fact that some people still think shutting down is a good idea is an indictment on the educational system in this country--critical thinking, logic, probability, and mathematical skills are in short supply.

Given the unknowns associated with COVID at the time, the shutdowns that occurred in March and April arguably made sense. But if you follow the data, all shutdowns throughout society should have been lifted by the end of April. The fact that they haven't been lifted in some places even today is really sad.

Personally, I don't care if the Big Ten and Pac 12 play football, but the players should have the ability to play if they want to. The level of risk associated with COVID for a young, otherwise healthy person is minimal. The fact that some people still think shutting down is a good idea is an indictment on the educational system in this country--critical thinking, logic, probability, and mathematical skills are in short supply.

You proclaim many things without any supporting facts. Shocking

The technology used is similar to at-home pregnancy tests, according to Abbott divisional vice president of Applied Research and Technology, Dr. John Hackett — except that it still requires a clinician to administer the test.

I can see it now, 50K fans waiting in line while DRs hold the stick while you pee on it and you both wait nervously to see the results
“So, you don’t have COVID, but you are pregnant.”

That is good news.

Given your stances in this thread, I wondering what would constitute "bad" news in your mind.

New bad news would be a serious outbreak from a game or scrimmage from the teams that are playing.

Previous bad news is not even making an effort to see if the challenges can be overcome to play - hello Big 10 and PAC 12. I am told coaches and players at CU desperately want to play, and there is a lot of frustration from the players seeing other programs play while they sit and watch games on TV.

New bad news would be a serious outbreak from a game or scrimmage from the teams that are playing.

Previous bad news is not even making an effort to see if the challenges can be overcome to play - hello Big 10 and PAC 12. I am told coaches and players at CU desperately want to play, and there is a lot of frustration from the players seeing other programs play while they sit and watch games on TV.

A fair answer.

Minimal for you as a fan.

It is easy to play with other peoples lives when it is for our own benefit.

The short supply of logic comes with making pronouncements about what others should do for your entertainment when neither you nor anyone else knows exactly what the risk, present and long term, really are.

What we do know and you ignore is that in addition to death there are some very serious complications from C-19 involving the heart and lungs, and yes these do impact young healthy individuals.

We are well on the way towards having medical controls for the disease. Advancements in treatment are being developed rapidly. We are also only a matter of months from rolling out the first generation vaccines. Doesn't it make just a little sense to delay our personal enjoyment for less than a year to be able to allow those participating some degree of safety.

But it's all okay. You probably are also a believer in the herd immunity fantasy. Let do it starting with infecting you, your family and friends, and everyone you personally care about. If a few die and a bunch others have lasting damage no big deal, it's all minimal.

Clay Travis has been destroying the BIG for postponing, calling it a partisan political move, but then praises Trump and the White House for getting involved. No mention of that being a partisan political move. Shocker.

giphy.gif

Minimal for you as a fan.

It is easy to play with other peoples lives when it is for our own benefit.

The short supply of logic comes with making pronouncements about what others should do for your entertainment when neither you nor anyone else knows exactly what the risk, present and long term, really are.

What we do know and you ignore is that in addition to death there are some very serious complications from C-19 involving the heart and lungs, and yes these do impact young healthy individuals.

We are well on the way towards having medical controls for the disease. Advancements in treatment are being developed rapidly. We are also only a matter of months from rolling out the first generation vaccines. Doesn't it make just a little sense to delay our personal enjoyment for less than a year to be able to allow those participating some degree of safety.

But it's all okay. You probably are also a believer in the herd immunity fantasy. Let do it starting with infecting you, your family and friends, and everyone you personally care about. If a few die and a bunch others have lasting damage no big deal, it's all minimal.

Hey Dum Dum, in my original post I clearly stated that I don't care if they play football or not. But they should have the ability to choose whether to play or not. Good lord you are dense.

Stolen from Twitter: Swing states in the Big Ten: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa. (70 electoral votes)

Swing states in the Pac-12: Arizona (11 electoral votes)

I know it's funny to joke about the Pac-12 and all that, but if you want to know why the President is meeting with the Big Ten presidents and not the Pac-12 presidents, there's your answer.

Back