What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

The argument of delaying had everything to do with player safety. Which I think is a very valid concern.
However, I have not seen one player come out in support of the delay. Instead, I have seen many attack the delay and ask why they can not play.
At some point, seeing all the players go after the delay, my opinion changed to let them play. Its their health, and it should be there choice.

It is all pretty coincidental this is all of the sudden happening the day the BIG announces it’s playing.

Truly feels like the Pac 12 was following BIG brother and BIG brother left them behind, so Pac 12 had to really scramble not to get left behind.

Whatever, great news that this is all finally happening. Can this get fast tracked to get figured out and voted on by Presidents by mid-late next week? Would give them almost exactly a month to go through a training camp and prep for a 10/24 start to stay on pace w the BIG.

It is all pretty coincidental this is all of the sudden happening the day the BIG announces it’s playing.

Truly feels like the Pac 12 was following BIG brother and BIG brother left them behind, so Pac 12 had to really scramble not to get left behind.

Whatever, great news that this is all finally happening. Can this get fast tracked to get figured out and voted on by Presidents by mid-late next week? Would give them almost exactly a month to go through a training camp and prep for a 10/24 start to stay on pace w the BIG.

I do think this is what happened.
What I do not understand is how the PAC12 leadership did not foresee this happening.

Klatt brought up the other variable with the B1G's restart-what's the minimum number of games a team would have to play to be CFP eligible this year?

giphy.gif

Yes, exactly. The tweet states that Newsome reached out to USC, not the other way around. What am I missing?
Jesus Christ, between you and a hole. The pac 12 got testing approved, then Usc started working with government officials (local and state) to try and get an exemption to be able to practice. Larry Scott reached out to newsome today. Newsome called usc and told them it would be fast tracked so they could get the local approval as well, which is apparently a lot easier to get. Oregon schools had An in person meeting today with their officials and now have to submit their written protocols finalize everything. Obviously not all of this happened on one day.

No, but you are rooting for COVID to shut down college sports due to number of cases, which is a meaningless statistic, particularly for college-aged kids.

According to the CDC:
43,000,000 kids between the ages of 15 and 24
21,000 positive tests
333 died of COVID 19
687 died of influenza/Pneumonia and/or COVID

The number of hospitalizations for COVID due to these "major outbreaks" at colleges is practically zero.

Dude. No one here is rooting for COVID to shut down college sports. I, for one, was absolutely crestfallen on Saturday that there was no Buffs football, just like I was on 9/5 when there was no RMS, but I do not think it's responsible for football to return.

Firstly, I do not agree with your framing that deaths are the only negative outcome. There is a non-insignificant number of people that experience lingering consequences even if they don't die. Check out this article detailing the daily challenges that some college athletes have to face when they get this disease. It's not a picnic, even if they don't die.

Secondly, even if we completely discount the impact to the athlete populations, you have to consider the people with whom they come in contact. For example, consider the "super spreader" event in Maine where a wedding in August has (so far) resulted in over 175 cases with 7 deaths- none of the 7 people who died attended the wedding.

This is even further supported by this article, which says that a majority of campus deaths due to COVID are deaths of faculty and staff, not of the actual students themselves. The people that this is putting at danger of dying isn't so much the football players, but the people connected to them.

Please please adjust the schedule to get colorado some late games in Arizona and California which early ones at home. I’m begging you pac 12

If that statement is true in the tweet, Larry Scott should be gone by the end of the day. They have not received any details on the rapid testing program nor any detailed plans from the Pac 12. Are you ****ing kidding me? The so called leadership of the Pac has not engaged with the states they have said are blocking the return of football and other sports. The statement in the tweet basically says they have not interacted with the state level officials in OR. Unreal if true and I do not know why it would be false. This follows a pattern of ineptness by Larry Scott and the leadership int he PAC
C'mon, DiStefano! Get rid of Larry!
Oh wait, you just retained Dan Hawkins.
...exit stage right...

The argument of delaying had everything to do with player safety. Which I think is a very valid concern.
However, I have not seen one player come out in support of the delay. Instead, I have seen many attack the delay and ask why they can not play.
At some point, seeing all the players go after the delay, my opinion changed to let them play. Its their health, and it should be there choice.
If they lived in a bubble, I'd agree with you.

Jesus Christ, between you and a hole. The pac 12 got testing approved, then Usc started working with government officials (local and state) to try and get an exemption to be able to practice. Larry Scott reached out to newsome today. Newsome called usc and told them it would be fast tracked so they could get the local approval as well, which is apparently a lot easier to get. Oregon schools had An in person meeting today with their officials and now have to submit their written protocols finalize everything. Obviously not all of this happened on one day.
All I’m asking for is a link, dude! You get all huffy after posting a tweet that doesn’t state any of the **** you just posted.

All I’m asking for is a link, dude! You get all huffy after posting a tweet that doesn’t state any of the **** you just posted.
I posted a ton, Feldman and another one saying usc has been heavily involved with state and local officials since the testing deal was announced. Then another one saying after the conversation with Larry Scott today newsomes office reached out to usc and said it would be fastracked. Then another one from Feldman saying this was the first but largest hurdle to get through and now usc can focus on the local officials which is a lot easier. Really don’t know what else to tell you.

people just want to bitch on here today. Scott told schools to take the lead with local officials and apparently they Did that while he provided support where they needed it. Cali and Oregon governors were clearly pre occupied by what was going on. It wouldn’t surprise me if the players letter, which hit the media today and caused they press to inquire about the pac 12 playing was strategic in order to get their attention because it wasn’t progressing as fast as they wanted. Then the politicians got all pissy and said “it’s not our fault” which is somewhat true with what is going on out there but newsome completely backtracks from saying his restrictions were not preventing them from playing (which they were) to calling usc and saying their exemption would be fast tracked.

the pac 12 announced a New testing program and said it could allow for a quicker return than the January plan. They went to work on how to make that happen and then people come here and criticize everything just because LarryScott is a terrible commissioner despite him doing a solid job with everything the last few months. Then we have all the Trump puppets acting like they are gods gift to the earth on here and 247. It all just rubbed me the wrong way.

I posted a ton, Feldman and another one saying usc has been heavily involved with state and local officials since the testing deal was announced. Then another one saying after the conversation with Larry Scott today newsomes office reached out to usc and said it would be fastracked. Then another one from Feldman saying this was the first but largest hurdle to get through and now usc can focus on the local officials which is a lot easier. Really don’t know what else to tell you.

people just want to bitch on here today. Scott told schools to take the lead with local officials and apparently they Did that while he provided support where they needed it. Cali and Oregon governors were clearly pre occupied by what was going on. It wouldn’t surprise me if the players letter, which hit the media today and caused they press to inquire about the pac 12 playing was strategic in order to get their attention because it wasn’t progressing as fast as they wanted. Then the politicians got all pissy and said “it’s not our fault” which is somewhat true with what is going on out there but newsome completely backtracks from saying his restrictions were not preventing them from playing (which they were) to calling usc and saying their exemption would be fast tracked.

the pac 12 announced a New testing program and said it could allow for a quicker return than the January plan. They went to work on how to make that happen and then people come here and criticize everything just because LarryScott is a terrible commissioner despite him doing a solid job with everything the last few months. Then we have all the Trump puppets acting like they are gods gift to the earth on here and 247. It all just rubbed me the wrong way.
Man, you’ve been steady today. Well done.

Oregon officials said that neither Pac-12 or UO/OSU officials had contacted them with any type of plan to return to play. Unacceptable.

Gov. Newsom indicated that this was the first time that he had been contacted by Larry Scott with any type of question about the Public Health guidelines. Unacceptable.

As soon as the deal was signed with the testing lab, the Pac-12 should have contacted state officials and received clearance or exemptions. The Pac-12 could have been able to tell fans and stake holders, testing arrives on this date, we have clearance to resume practice on this date, play can resume on this date. Here is the revised schedule and how we plan to incorporate it into the CFB Playoff.

The Pac12 is REACTING to the news that the Big10 is going to play football.

The lack of initiative could end up costing the conference two or three very valuable weeks. Weeks that could push them out of any chance to be in the CFP discussion.

This whole post is spot on but especially the bolded part. All of a sudden LS and the schools decide to get clarification from state and local politicians. Nothing to see here.

The Pac12 has followed the B1G around like a little puppy dog over the past 5 weeks and it's nothing short of comical if not pathetic.

All that aside it would be great if CU football ends up coming back much sooner than expected.

Back