What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

Holy ****, the combination of Addazio’s racist bull****, their ridiculous debt load, and Covid-19 on top of it all might just be the perfect storm that craters that entire athletic department. We are looking square in the face of a taxpayer bailout for a bankrupt AD.

The schadenfreude is delicious, but don’t for a second think this stench won’t find a way to attach itself to CU. This is ammunition for those who would dismantle all college athletic departments.

That is some ****ed up ****.

Adazzio has a $5MM buyout right now. Certainly CSU would try to fire him for cause and that would likely get negotiated down.

They need to hire a new AD, they are brutally in debt, have had poor ticket sales since the stadium was built, and now are shanked with Coronavirus...

I'm not sure what the future holds. They won't shutter the AD with that new stadium in place.... But they may go with some austerity measures for awhile.

The above didn’t post correctly (I pulled it from 247), but the right side is debt and CSU is in the top ten debt side, without the revenue sources of the other schools on that list.
4 B1G teams?!?!?! I thought they were making the most $$$$ of any conference.

The turn in this thread makes me thankful for Rick George and Karl Dorrell. I mean, what kind of dumbass CFB coach decides that he can limit players' support of BLM?
DCC-L-CUblackLivesMatterProtest_JP_JP11934.jpg

Last edited:
Based off what has come out, Addazio doesn’t lose his job. Parker falls on the sword and takes all the blame.

I did chuckle when it said Addazio bosses around Parker

Based off what has come out, Addazio doesn’t lose his job. Parker falls on the sword and takes all the blame.

I did chuckle when it said Addazio bosses around Parker
Probably ... But the Covid stuff is pretty serious. I don't think CSU can afford to fire him.

Probably ... But the Covid stuff is pretty serious. I don't think CSU can afford to fire him.
Fire him for cause and take your chances with court. **** him; he's discounting COVID while playing with the athlete's lives; I'd put that in front of a jury ~1 year from now 10 times out of 10.

I like to make fun of little brother as much as anyone, but this muthaka is a bad person who deserves nothing. No settlement.

That is some ****ed up ****.

Adazzio has a $5MM buyout right now. Certainly CSU would try to fire him for cause and that would likely get negotiated down.

They need to hire a new AD, they are brutally in debt, have had poor ticket sales since the stadium was built, and now are shanked with Coronavirus...

I'm not sure what the future holds. They won't shutter the AD with that new stadium in place.... But they may go with some austerity measures for awhile.

I gotta think they could get somebody with connections to Sonny Lubick to take over for Parker. Is there an NFL or P5 assistant (probably would need to have ties to CSU or Fort Collins) who would take that gig other than Tony Alford?

I am not sure if Alford would take the gig with all of the problems in FoCo right now. No revenue, huge debt, bad national press. Seems like this will Be one of the worst jobs in college athletics right now. Can’t spend your way out. No sugar daddy. No real tradition. This is exactly the perfect storm that the Ewes did not need

SIAP but this account defending Addazio in a lot of replies is either him or someone close to him. Handle says it’s the HC, bio says it’s a fan, but the tweets show its pretty clearly him or someone speaking on his behalf.

Fire him for cause and take your chances with court. **** him; he's discounting COVID while playing with the athlete's lives; I'd put that in front of a jury ~1 year from now 10 times out of 10.

I like to make fun of little brother as much as anyone, but this muthaka is a bad person who deserves nothing. No settlement.
Yup, if violating a state mandated order and by doing so putting the health of 100 young men plus coaches and staff members isn't cause I don't know what would be.

Having multiple coraborating statements that show that he knew he was in violation and that either threatened or implied consequences for players who didn't go along would be hard to overcome.

Considering that they will have a huge loss in revenue it would be much cheaper to fire for cause and replace him with a lower cost interim coach.

Charlie Strong would be as close to a home run as CSU could imagine. Urban Meyer coaching tree and hiring an African American coach after what has gone on up there would probably be a smart move. Worst case he’s a mediocre coach who doesn’t embarrass the university. He’s Karl Dorrell with a slightly better record and without the decade hiatus from college football.

As much as we make fun of them, I feel bad for CSU. This is a ****storm of epic proportions, when they least could afford it. We may be witnessing the end of their football program.

SIAP but this account defending Addazio in a lot of replies is either him or someone close to him. Handle says it’s the HC, bio says it’s a fan, but the tweets show its pretty clearly him or someone speaking on his behalf.

Addazio's a Northeasterner through and through-don't they know the difference between "Which" and "Witch"?

Charlie Strong would be as close to a home run as CSU could imagine. Urban Meyer coaching tree and hiring an African American coach after what has gone on up there would probably be a smart move. Worst case he’s a mediocre coach who doesn’t embarrass the university. He’s Karl Dorrell with a slightly better record and without the decade hiatus from college football.
I think duff pointed it out but be needs a reset, that stretch at USF was pretty embarrassing.

Given that the MWC has canceled fall sports and the Pac-12 is set to do the same thing tomorrow, perhaps this game gets played next spring?

**** no. You get a dislike for even bringing that idea up. Assuming Spring football becomes reality, we're playing the schedule the conference gave us a couple weeks ago in all likelihood.

Back