What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 Rocky Mountain Showdown (CANCELED) at Canvas Stadium

Even both major local stations have been going off on this and suggesting Addazio probably shouldn’t ever coach a game for CSU, if true.
I don't care where you coach and for how long; this is the kind of thing that gets you (should get you) fired for cause, immediately. This is horrendous and I genuinely feel bad & pissed off for the players.

No real new information in this article , but they end it with a real burn.

Ouch.

TANGENT
The Colorado State Rams are far from a college football powerhouse. The team historically has a losing record and plays in a relatively minor conference, the Mountain West, where it has not been champions since 2002.

csu isn’t in the spotlight often. It seems strange that anyone would want to go out of their way to make up a story about them.
They had the author on the radio this afternoon and he said he spoke to 10 different people and just asked what happened and they all essentially corroborated the same story. He also said he heard this isn’t the only stuff and there is likely a lot more to come.

csu isn’t in the spotlight often. It seems strange that anyone would want to go out of their way to make up a story about them.
If this is true, the truth will come out and they will be f'd. However, there is a lot of craziness in this world right now and I don't put it past a few players who are disgruntled to completely make-up a story to get back at a coach/coaches/School.

If this is true, the truth will come out and they will be f'd. However, there is a lot of craziness in this world right now and I don't put it past a few players who are disgruntled to completely make-up a story to get back at a coach/coaches/School.
In reading more about how C-19 is being handled, many schools do not have good protocols in place. csu strikes me as the kind of place to cut corners or not so subtly hint to players that they should fudge the rules.

In reading more about how C-19 is being handled, many schools do not have good protocols in place. csu strikes me as the kind of place to cut corners or not so subtly hint to players that they should fudge the rules.
CSU athletic program is already bleeding red ink. Losing the CU game was a huge hit to their financial situation.

For years they have been a program willing to cut corners to try to grab some success. They have accepted transfers who had questionable academics, brought in and kept some guys who had some conduct issues.

Some of their coaches in football and basketball have been on the edge of what some fans would find acceptable.

Addazio worked at Florida for multiple years under Urban Meyer who we all know would never stretch the rules or push for an advantage.

His contract is for $1.5 million per year (rising slightly each year.)

Considering the loss of revenues and the negative publicity from this incident it wouldn't be a shock if CSU fired him for cause (endangering the health of student-athletes, violating the governor's mask and distancing orders, conspiring to falsify or withhold evidence from a health department investigation) and either went out and found a much cheaper replacement or even just went with an interim coach until the actual playing of a real scheduled game is solidified. The likelyhood of the season getting cancelled or moved to spring is getting higher every day.

A few players, maybe, but also staffers? Seems unlikely, but the Pres is investigating. The truth may come out.

To seriously think that CSU has the same resources as these power five schools is hilarious.

To seriously think that CSU has the same resources as these power five schools is hilarious.
CSU has created their own tests that they are using on animals... Ha!

CSU needs this game to happen for $$$. Frankly, so does Rick George.

It's getting harder to believe that this is just a couple disgruntled kids:

Multiple sources among players, sports medicine staff and coaches -- who spoke to ESPN on the condition of anonymity because they said they feared retribution -- said disregarding COVID-19 protocols was part of an unsettling and toxic pattern at CSU, and some examples extended beyond the football program. They also shared emails and text messages to back up their claims.

The staffer also said Addazio's football team has not faced the same standards as other athletes on campus. When football players attended a July party with a female athlete who later tested positive for COVID-19, the other female athletes who attended the party were asked to quarantine, but the male athletes on the football team were not.

"He's not a welcoming guy," said a source who works closely with Addazio. "If a player voiced a concern, he wouldn't be listened to, he wouldn't be considered. The poor players are in a powerless position. Nobody is putting the interest of the players first. This is completely reckless."

One staffer within the athletic department said he believed the actions by leaders at Colorado State go beyond negligence. There are concerns among some staffers that there is, at a minimum, miscommunication between CSU's athletic department and local and state public health officials, and perhaps misinformation. Multiple sources interviewed by ESPN said they're concerned that CSU's mismanagement of COVID-19 protocols could lead to a tragic situation.

Yikes. That ESPN article makes them look even worse. Kinda have to laugh at the CSU fans saying “well some players refuted it so it must not be true.”

Local media coddles CSU so much. I listened to Hastings and Dover for about 20 minutes this morning. They have the Coloradoan reporter on who says he had 10 separate individuals, both players and staff, report this to him... And they were each able to independently corroborate the other accounts.

After he leaves, Hasting and Dover go on and on about how it could just be one disgruntled player or even a professor trying to eliminate football!!

These are media and journalists! They don't think the Coloradoan validated each and every source? Obviously Addazio has some **** going in up there... And no professor or administrative person is going to make up an elaborate hoax to eliminate football. Professors don't sit around all day in pandemic thinking about athletics.

Pisses me off because they never take that kids glove approach to CU stories. Everything is always worst case scenario at CU.

/End rant from CU snowflake

I just don’t see how CSU President doesn’t clean house, including Joe Parker, and start over. Cancel their season, MWC teams get an auto Win, and they can start over next year. Or, just kill the program. Sad.

WE now take you back to fort collins...

Somebody is in deep "manure" now. Piling high enough that someone is going to suffocate.

Only question is do they try to blame it on one person or does the department get cleaned out.

This may be what happens when they try to be a big time program on a small time budget.

Well. 100% chance Parker is fired. Maybe a coin flip whether Addazio is fired. Probably with cause which might be a good thing. Save CSU much needed money

Well. 100% chance Parker is fired. Maybe a coin flip whether Addazio is fired. Probably with cause which might be a good thing. Save CSU much needed money
I would reverse those two.

Addazio is the one pushing kids to practice and violate Covid protocol and threatening to punish them for reporting or quarantining.

At this point this has become a national story. Hard to see either one staying.

I would reverse those two.

Addazio is the one pushing kids to practice and violate Covid protocol and threatening to punish them for reporting or quarantining.

At this point this has become a national story. Hard to see either one staying.
Parker has had multiple “scandals” now under his watch. No way he makes it through this

Parker has had multiple “scandals” now under his watch. No way he makes it through this
You are probably correct.

His only hope would be if he can convince people that this is a coaching issue and he is the one to clean it up. Very unlikely.

Addazio has no hope.

Back