What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Hoops coaching carousel

Now Pitino at Minnesota is out as expected. Hope Marcus Carr enters the transfer market. We can dream can't we?

Gophers should be able to attract a pretty strong coach. B1G money and really good in-state talent that just didn’t respond to Pitino.

Has to be Brian Dutcher, no?

Larry K out at Utah

Pretty shocked about Larry K, he totally rebuilt that program after it was in ashes. However he does get paid loads of money. Wondering if they go for Craig Smith down at Utah State and see the competition from Minnesota. A lot of good mid major coaches this year, probably trying to get their guy while they can.

Has to be Brian Dutcher, no?

Larry K out at Utah

I thought it might be coming. Utah is a proud program with a ton of historical wins & that Majeras era in their modern times. K had them as a NIT level program. Not good enough - especially when BYU is currently better than that. I think he's a good coach, though, and he was gracious when I briefly met him so I have always wished him well.

I don’t know about that. Utah is a pretty good job and they haven’t made the tourney in a while. Due for a jump no matter how they played against tad’s teams.

I thought it might be coming. Utah is a proud program with a ton of historical wins & that Majeras era in their modern times. K had them as a NIT level program. Not good enough - especially when BYU is currently better than that. I think he's a good coach, though, and he was gracious when I briefly met him so I have always wished him well.

I'll miss the ketchup colored blazer he'd break out from time to time. If I'm DU, I'd look into him. If there are any Big Sky openings this year, he's a great fit for them given his record at Montana.

I wish I loved anything as much as Colorado residents love retread coaching ideas like Mike Dunlap and Dave Logan.
Dunlap was the guy I wanted when we hired Tad. Wasn’t there another serious candidate? I feel like there were 3. Alvin Gentry?

I wish I loved anything as much as Colorado residents love retread coaching ideas like Mike Dunlap and Dave Logan.
the high school coach bit makes me alternatively smile and shake my head whenever it comes up.

He'd be a guy I'd love on staff if we had an opening.
Why? Because you've heard of him? What has he accomplished that says, I need that guy? Coach K's coaching tree does not really have a lot of success stories.

Back