What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Hoops coaching carousel

that's an easy claim to post on a message board without supporting evidence.

as someone who actively roots for three schools that never sign a 5* recruits, I'd like to believe it's true, but I have no justification to make such a claim.

you probably have insider knowledge that I lack -- if so, I suspect that I'm not the only member here who would appreciate you sharing what gives you such confidence to declare that as fact.

No direct evidence. Given the overall college recruiting climate, coupled with the NCAA and/or FBI smoke around Duke, UNC, Kansas, Arizona and even midlevel schools like LSU, Creighton, USC, Louisville, having been proven to pay upwards of 6 figures for a recruit , I think we can say beyond a reasonable doubt that Coach K is, and always has been completely dirty. A little hyperbolic, but with a high high confidence interval.

If you have signed a 5* in the last decade, you're cheating.

I completely agree. Tad did sign ***** Josh Scott. However that family must be so squeeky clean that I couldn't believe any money exchanged hands. Josh's recruitment is an interesting data point.

Chris Beard is going to be a rich man

Texas is going after him and if he says no its probably Paul Mills. Russell Springmann (former Texas assistant who recruited some guy named Kevin Durant to Austin) is now at ORU.

Last edited:
iirc, the FBI story mentioned even Creighton (maybe before even joining the Big East) offering $100k for a guy who was not even a Top 50 recruit. And they didn't land him.

OT: Elgin Baylor, the BB great died this week. When he was born, his dad was at the hospital, and checked his watch to note the birth time. Elgin would often joke, he was glad his dad wasn't wearing a Timex.

OT: Elgin Baylor, the BB great died this week. When he was born, his dad was at the hospital, and checked his watch to note the birth time. Elgin would often joke, he was glad his dad wasn't wearing a Timex.
Dude was one of the greats, before my time, but he had a lot of game.

Every IU article about this hire also plays up that they hired Thad Matta as Assoc AD for basketball to build the staff.

I wonder when the folks at UT will realize that they have a serious culture problem that’s making it hard to win big even with high demand rising coaches.

The culture issues are real in Austin, but they're not the reason why Shaka did what he did. He ditched the "havoc" style of play that got him to the Final Four at VCU 10 years ago, and played a half-court style of basketball for most of his time at UT.

Aurema is a clown
Great coach, but clown
His mask has never been over his mouth, but he already had the Vid so all good Geno

Very few coaches I've seen obey mask protocols. If the NCAA actually cared, there would be bench warnings followed by technicals.
Auriema never even tried, and he is lucky he is allowed to coach at all! Never liked the guy, not a fan of a man being the all-time greatest Women's Basketball coach.

Auriema never even tried, and he is lucky he is allowed to coach at all! Never liked the guy, not a fan of a man being the all-time greatest Women's Basketball coach.
I know it's different due to how much of women's basketball has been a story of the fight for equality in sports. But I look forward to the day that gender of coaches and refs doesn't matter.

For instance, I hope that Hammon takes over for Pop, becomes the top coach in the NBA, and her gender becomes a non-story.

I know it's different due to how much of women's basketball has been a story of the fight for equality in sports. But I look forward to the day that gender of coaches and refs doesn't matter.

For instance, I hope that Hammon takes over for Pop, becomes the top coach in the NBA, and her gender becomes a non-story.
I just do not like GA, and having him forever in the record books instead of Summit or the other women is just too bad. The old white guy in the Women's game seems silly though.

Very few coaches I've seen obey mask protocols. If the NCAA actually cared, there would be bench warnings followed by technicals.

Here's what I can tell you from a high school perspective on that topic (our rules almost always start at the college level and make their way down)-We were told to give a fair amount of latitude to coaches on the masks. If they need to lower the masks or gaiters to communicate with their kids, let them. Biggest thing with this season from the college levels on down is just to finish it.

Everybody who knows anything about the NBA knows Becky Hammon's a hell of a coach. In my view, she should have been a head coach 3-4 years ago.

Back