What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Hoops coaching carousel

My daughter isn't 3 yet and is more than capable of carrying a bag of cash clothes for a while.
Did you know it was gonna be a girl or were you like me and didn't wanna know till birth? My ex and mom messed with me the whole process with that. I just told them this, "y'all ****ing tell me, I'll kneecap the both of you." :ROFLMAO: Then they'd laugh their ass off about it.

Did you know it was gonna be a girl or were you like me and didn't wanna know till birth? My ex and mom messed with me the whole process with that. I just told them this, "y'all ****ing tell me, I'll kneecap the both of you." :ROFLMAO: Then they'd laugh their ass off about it.
Yea I wanted to know.

I think Shaka Smart is back on the hot seat.

Seemed like he'd silenced things by winning the B12T, but that performance against ACU was epically bad.
certainly pissed off the texas tshirt fans that tuned in for the first time in a while. My buddy blamed the refs and said basketball sucks :LOL:

I wonder if Shaka’s people are quietly calling Marquette and investigating their interest levels.

They really want Jensen. I know he went there-but he hasn't coached in college in a decade. That's an odd move-but we are talking about Utah.....
I wonder if Shaka’s people are quietly calling Marquette and investigating their interest levels.
Got a fair amount of friends who went to UT. They're surprised Shaka's still employed and wonder if Del Conte will "part ways" with Shaka if he doesn't get the Marquette job.

They really want Jensen. I know he went there-but he hasn't coached in college in a decade. That's an odd move-but we are talking about Utah.....

Got a fair amount of friends who went to UT. They're surprised Shaka's still employed and wonder if Del Conte will "part ways" with Shaka if he doesn't get the Marquette gig.
Their recruiting seems to be all Utah and Mountain West states with some international kids. He's an assistant with the German National team too. Seems to have all the right connections/history (also Mormon) to make sense with their recruiting foot print.

That's a good job. Don't have insane pressure because all of the focus in on football, but the resources are there.

Yep. They care enough to buy you some talent, but don't have crazy high annual expectations. Be good enough to maintain a level of fan interest and go on a run once or twice a decade.

That's a good job. Don't have insane pressure because all of the focus in on football, but the resources are there.

Agree. Paul Mills already getting run there.

Utah news-Alex Jensen pulled out (Do they know how to do that in Utah?) of the search? Was offered the job is what I'm seeing on their boards.

Last edited:
Yep. They care enough to buy you some talent, but don't have crazy high annual expectations. Be good enough to maintain a level of fan interest and go on a run once or twice a decade.
OK is also a decent state for in-state talent. Combine that with solid recruiting in the surrounding states, you can win there.

The last two seasons have proven that Kryzschewzyrchesvhkchi is pretty dirty.
could you expand on this? I follow the ACC and definitely havenb't seen "proof". giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were being hyperbolic (i.e "proven" should be read as "increased confidence", I'll state that within the ACC (and excepting Chapel Hill), its generally felt that in recruiting, Krzyzewski doesn't have to cheat because Duke has a such a strong reputation for winning, getting players into the NBA and graduating players.

could you expand on this? I follow the ACC and definitely havenb't seen "proof". giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were being hyperbolic (i.e "proven" should be read as "increased confidence", I'll state that within the ACC (and excepting Chapel Hill), its generally felt that in recruiting, Krzyzewski doesn't have to cheat because Duke has a such a strong reputation for winning, getting players into the NBA and graduating players.
I would expand your ‘excepting Chapel Hill’ to the entirety of North Carolina.

Anyone who thinks Calipari is operating in the gray zone should think the same of K.

It goes a ways back too... family members getting jobs type stuff. I think there was some jewelry as well with someone. Zion’s family allegedly lived in a 5k a month house in Durham.

Reactions: '99

If you have signed a 5* in the last decade, you're cheating.

If you have signed a 5* in the last decade, you're cheating.

that's an easy claim to post on a message board without supporting evidence.

as someone who actively roots for three schools that never sign a 5* recruits, I'd like to believe it's true, but I have no justification to make such a claim.

you probably have insider knowledge that I lack -- if so, I suspect that I'm not the only member here who would appreciate you sharing what gives you such confidence to declare that as fact.

that's an easy claim to post on a message board without supporting evidence.

as someone who actively roots for three schools that never sign a 5* recruits, I'd like to believe it's true, but I have no justification to make such a claim.

you probably have insider knowledge that I lack -- if so, I suspect that I'm not the only member here who would appreciate you sharing what gives you such confidence to declare that as fact.

Not sure if serious....

Think that’s also true for the mighty Howard Bison with Makur Maker last year?

I agree with you.

****, good call. So one 5* was probably a clean signing (although I'm hoping Maker bilked some of the other schools he didn't sign with for some cash). Good news is we can replace Maker with probably 90% of 4*'s who got paid.

Back