What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

From what I've heard from some second-hand friends is that Wells and Landman were excited about the change, whereas the secondary guys were disappointed. Not sure why that is or if it is 100% true, but this won't affect Nate's plan of returning.
Makes sense. Summers came in as Safeties coach and LBs really struggled in 2019, including Wells and Landman, due to the scheme. Wells and Landman obviously thrived in 2020, but maybe they weren't a fan of it.

I’m really impressed by KD and his decision to make changes. I can totally understand he wants his own guy as DC. I remember watching games the last two years and seeing how easy it was for teams to score against us. I noticed when we played CSU a year ago that our D seemed to be vulnerable. For those who have followed more closely, was this a problem with scheme? Or is it talent? We seem to have some great players like Landman. I’m thinking the scheme just didn’t work?

Not often you see transfers from the service academies
There are more than you would think but the majority of the guys they recruit are G5/FCS type athletes so you don't hear about them.

Even though they have relaxed the rules some in recent years if a player thinks he has a shot at the NFL it is in his best interest to transfer out of the academy. Other schools allow more time for practice and training as well as individual work to develop as a potential pro player. Even as an athlete the academic and military preparation load at the academies is huge.
Yeah, how does that work? Is he still committed to serve after graduating? Does he have to pay back the cost of his education?

If you transfer out before a certain cutoff date. there are no penalties and/or service obligations.
It may have changed but when my brother was at the AFA a cadet had up to the first day of the junior (Cadet Second Class) year to request a drop and leave with no financial obligation. If their leaving was voluntary they were subject to being on inactive reserves for ten years. I don't know if any one has ever been called up from this but the legal obligation was/is there.

Depending on the reason for leaving after that cut-off date a cadet leaving in the last two years is more often than not subject to either repaying the US government a a substantial amount of the cost of their education up to that point or to serving at least 5 years in the military as an active duty enlisted.

These obligations can be waived if leaving due to something beyond the cadets control such as health reasons.

There are more than you would think but the majority of the guys they recruit are G5/FCS type athletes so you don't hear about them.

Even though they have relaxed the rules some in recent years if a player thinks he has a shot at the NFL it is in his best interest to transfer out of the academy. Other schools allow more time for practice and training as well as individual work to develop as a potential pro player. Even as an athlete the academic and military preparation load at the academies is huge.

It may have changed but when my brother was at the AFA a cadet had up to the first day of the junior (Cadet Second Class) year to request a drop and leave with no financial obligation. If their leaving was voluntary they were subject to being on inactive reserves for ten years. I don't know if any one has ever been called up from this but the legal obligation was/is there.

Depending on the reason for leaving after that cut-off date a cadet leaving in the last two years is more often than not subject to either repaying the US government a a substantial amount of the cost of their education up to that point or to serving at least 5 years in the military as an active duty enlisted.

These obligations can be waived if leaving due to something beyond the cadets control such as health reasons.
When I was at USMA (in the early 2000's) this was the case with the exception of the 10 year inactive reserve portion. If you leave prior to the first day of class your junior year you left the service on a general discharge (not honorable or dishonorable). Might be different at the AFA with their flight training options.

Still waiting for an announcement our recruiting coordinator has "moved on". That should have been move #1. Easily the most important action of this offseason.

At his age the only move that excites him would be a BM.

Maybe with Shrout can do some recruiting for CU on this one.

General chatter down here is that the land thieves are targeting this guy. No insight as to where he might end up, tho.

Back