What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

Well one article says he is moving upstairs to become Deputy Athletic Director, so pretty sure he'll be picking his own replacement

Big loss for Pueblo, he has been a very good coach.

Would expect somebody on the current staff to get the job unless their is somebody in the administration trying to clean house. Not close enough to the program to know that.
There are some skeletons there. They tried to get him out a few years ago. The program will definitely be better now that they can move on.

There are some skeletons there. They tried to get him out a few years ago. The program will definitely be better now that they can move on.
I have some connections in the athletic department down there. I've heard rumors that the DeRose family has been holding cash back from the school due to disagreements with the University President. Might hamper the cash they have available for a new hire + staff. I guess we'll see.

There’s a history of hiring former CU staffers at CSU Pueblo. The answer is obvious, right? Karl ****ing Durel.

I have some connections in the athletic department down there. I've heard rumors that the DeRose family has been holding cash back from the school due to disagreements with the University President. Might hamper the cash they have available for a new hire + staff. I guess we'll see.
DeRose family you say? Be careful what you post, the FBI is always watching and listening...

There’s a history of hiring former CU staffers at CSU Pueblo. The answer is obvious, right? Karl ****ing Durel.
They have hired a number of people who worked at CU.

While Dorrell was employed it is hard to find any evidence that he actually worked so not likely to happen.

Also when people are thinking of places to retire in Colorado Pueblo is rarely on that list unless you are looking for cheap houses.

You would think that Navy will target a triple option replacement like Brian Bohannon, current head coach for FBS Kennesaw State. Beyond him, who knows? Not many triple option coaches left. Maybe they switch offenses. I did hear Mendenhall’s name come up, but hard for me to believe he would quit Virginia, move to Montana, and then take a job 95 miles northeast of Charlottesville in Annapolis.

You would think that Navy will target a triple option replacement like Brian Bohannon, current head coach for FBS Kennesaw State. Beyond him, who knows? Not many triple option coaches left. Maybe they switch offenses. I did hear Mendenhall’s name come up, but hard for me to believe he would quit Virginia, move to Montana, and then take a job 95 miles northeast of Charlottesville in Annapolis.
Mendenhall's one of the first names that came to mind just because of his history of running programs with particular admissions/retention restraints and some comments he'd made about having great affinity for service academies. The lack of experience with the option is probably a non-starter though.

It is kind of telling that so many were pumping Bronco and he is still circling on the carousel...sort of like a three wheeled cart on the island of misfit toys. We dodged a bullet IMO.
There were so few openings west of the Mississippi. Terrible year for him to be looking for a job.

I’m over the moon on the hire CU made, but you don’t have the W/L record like Mendenhall’s without being a very good football coach.

So all that talk around here about Grimes and the dude seems to have gone underground for some reason. Were we the only program that even considered him? Seems like he’s a guy who should be getting his shot before other guys who have been hired this cycle.

Woof. Rough Season. I suppose they were 1-11 LY though.

MacIntyre has carved out a niche in the CFB coaching world as a true rebuilder. He hasn't shown he can sustain success, but if you're a seriously struggling program, you could definitely do worse than bring him in for 3-4 years before trying to swing for someone bigger.

Woof. Rough Season. I suppose they were 1-11 LY though.

They won only a single game in the prior two years (combined 1-16) before MacIntyre’s arrival and some predicted a winless season in 2022. FIU over achieved with four wins. He got an extension.

Interesting hire for Ryan, I imagine he had him on his potential staff for CU, not a huge fan of Harrell but he's shown promise at times, I hope it goes well for him.

I think what Harrell did under Littrell at North Texas has some similarities to what Purdue was doing with Brohm's offense. The hire makes sense to me. Also, always trust in it when a defensive HC hires a creative OC - it means he's hired an offense he thinks is a bitch to defend.

Back