What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022-23 Coaching Carousel

He is set up better for success at Purdue than he would have been here. He would have been cannon fodder here. He can succeed at Purdue. That doesn’t mean he would have been a good choice here.
Yep, probably wouldn’t have moved the needle on the transfer restrictions ultimately setting him up for failure.

Great way for him to get some HC experience and come on back to Boulder once Prime goes elsewhere? Setting Purdue up for two straight coaches bailing for their alma maters?

wishful thinking but I hope he has nothing but success there (in the black and gold, no less!)

Hopefully that ends the dumb narrative he was not qualified to be the HC here.
Agreed.

Though, I thought the biggest knock against him as HC here had nothing to do with who he is or his qualifications. It was more our unfortunate history with hiring former Buffs and those previously connected to the program, as it went along with the assumption that their prior connection would be the main reason for being hired here.

He deserved a better, cleaner first HC shot than that. I'm so glad he got it.

Tough spot for Mississippi State - wonder what direction they go
Their AD left for Auburn about a month and a half ago. As far as I know, they haven't hired a permanent replacement. They named their DC Zach Arnett their interim coach when word leaked of Leach's hospitalization. Don't they have to give him some kind of trial run as HC? Two ways to do it-

1. Give him all of 2023 under a Luke Fickell/tOSU type arrangement.
2. Give him a multi-year contract, but do it in a way that will allow them to get out of it if they have to.

Their AD left for Auburn about a month and a half ago. As far as I know, they haven't hired a permanent replacement. They named their DC Zach Arnett their interim coach when word leaked of Leach's hospitalization. Don't they have to give him some kind of trial run as HC? Two ways to do it-

1. Give him all of 2023 under a Luke Fickell/tOSU type arrangement.
2. Give him a multi-year contract, but do it in a way that will allow them to get out of it if they have to.
It’s so hard to recruit when youre an interim but this was such a unexpected tragedy, they almost have to start with an in-house replacement to keep the team together and the next AD can sort it later. Best case would be if Arnett can be the MSU version of Pat Fitzgerald.

Wonder if they kick tires on Dan Mullen again?

It’s so hard to recruit when youre an interim but this was such a unexpected tragedy, they almost have to start with an in-house replacement to keep the team together and the next AD can sort it later. Best case would be if Arnett can be the MSU version of Pat Fitzgerald.

Wonder if they kick tires on Dan Mullen again?
Possible. I have heard Mullen likes what he's doing now. Nothing concrete......just twitter/message board type stuff.

I think Arnett gets a multi-year deal that MSU can get out of if he's a disaster.

Jeez mate, I hope that HCP (and other coaches) have the decency to not pick off MSU recruits at a time like this. Would be a new low for CFB. If they want to voluntarily de-commit ok ... but .....
That's why they'll promote Arnett for right now..

Jeez mate, I hope that HCP (and other coaches) have the decency to not pick off MSU recruits at a time like this. Would be a new low for CFB. If they want to voluntarily de-commit ok ... but .....
Prime? Doubt he would do that especially since he leaned on Leach for his staff. Now the majority of coaches in a HC position got there by being ruthless, egotistical, methodical, assholes. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear of them reaching out to recruits. Maybe they will give 24-48 hours.

Back